• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fourth attempt to get a simple answer.... anyone home?

herbgeek

Over the past week, I have posted three times trying to get answers to a very simple question.... this is the fourth.

Original message:

I tried uploading several hundred new products to my site, and they're not showing. I changed the name to start with EP in case that was it, but it didnt' fix it. I am putting the file in the first window... "Upload EP file", rather than the second... "Split EP file", and I don't know what the latter means. I should articulate that there is already a db file there, and I am intending to append the one I'm now uploading to the existing one, and was told that this was the way to do it. Do I need to do this manually on my local system..... adding the two db's together, and then reupload the whole thing?

That was the original message... since then I've tried uploading the file also in the split EP file section, and neither does that work. I also tried getting help from the "online documentation", and went to the catalog area, and it had only three options that had absolutely nothing to do with my problem: Boxes, Design and Layout, E-Mails Sent. I also downloaded this file.

If there is no way to get help from SOMEWHERE then OS is a worthless idea for anyone but developers.

Charles

Over the past week, I have posted three times trying to get answers to a very simple question.... this is the fourth.

I you have posted 3 times with no answers then its possible you are asking in the wrong place or asking the queestion in a way people dont understand.

Take a read of the useful resource at http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

And most of all have a nice day :thumbsup:

Hi Charles,

Is that a Contrib that you're having problems with? If so, I would contact the person that created it.

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

"If there is no way to get help from SOMEWHERE then OS is a worthless idea for anyone but developers".

Help is voluntary. It may not be just where but how you ask.

1. filename has nothing to do it with. Format has. make sure it is still a txt. file.

2. Did you make sure you had model numbers?

3. don't try to load more than 500 records at a time

4. You sure they are not there? sometimes they are just inactive?

5. have you set the parameters in the EP program itself?

Dear Kym,

THank you VERY much for your reply. Its the first one that tried to address the question. And I did ask quite nicely the first week.;) And realizing as I do that the help here is voluntary doesn't seem to affect the prognosis of its usefulness to me in particular. But I am very very grateful for your reply, and will check all the things you said. So, I messed up on your # 4, but correcting that didn't change it. I'm saving the file as a tab delimited text file using MS Word, and uploading it in the Split window., w/ approx. 1500 products.... so I still don't know what it might be. I know you said only do 500 at a time, but isn't that what the split window is for?

And may I ask what you mean by "setting the parameters in the EP program itself"???

THanks VERY much for everything!

Charles

"If there is no way to get help from SOMEWHERE then OS is a worthless idea for anyone but developers".

Help is voluntary. It may not be just where but how you ask.

1. filename has nothing to do it with. Format has. make sure it is still a txt. file.

2. Did you make sure you had model numbers?

3. don't try to load more than 500 records at a time

4. You sure they are not there? sometimes they are just inactive?

5. have you set the parameters in the EP program itself?

Archived