• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

froogle....

elasion

Warning: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 5373/5373 is not allowed to access /mounted-storage/home7/sub003 owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /mounted-storage/home7/sub003/sc14407-WILP/ssl/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fopen(/home7/sub003/sc14407WILP/shop/catalog/feeds/gerardmcc_gmail_com.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home7/sub003/sc14407-WILP/ssl/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 301

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mounted-storage/home7/sub003/sc14407-WILP/ssl/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 302

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /mounted-storage/home7/sub003/sc14407-WILP/ssl/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 303
File completed: gerardmcc_gmail_com.txt

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access /home7/sub003/sc14407WILP/shop/catalog/feeds/gerardmcc_gmail_com.txt in /mounted-storage/home7/sub003/sc14407-WILP/ssl/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 305

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home7/sub003/sc14407-WILP/ssl/shop/catalog/admin/froogle.php on line 305

Script timer: 0.227801 seconds.

Having this problem when ever i run the froogle code... any ideas? thanks.

Hint: I usually run errors on google or yahoo. You would be surprised how many times it brings you back to the forum with exactly the right answer.

For instance:

Warning: fopen(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect

Should give you answer very quickly

the chmod sounds like you need to change the permissions but would wait for someone that knows more for sure.

no such file suggests the path is wrong....

Read, read, read, test, read, read, test, read, implement.

Always back up your site and database before changes.

Always back up on a regular basis.

I've gotten the Froogle feed working myself, but it keeps getting rejected by Google. They are so strict and because the default currency of my store is $AU, the prices uploaded to Google (which HAVE to be $US) are constantly changing, thus Google's dimwitted staff complain.

Also, they complain that the product descriptions don't match exactly what is in my store. This is because I'm using category fields which obviously don't translate in the froogle feed.

Moral of the story: froogle seems to be more trouble than its worth. I really can't see its practicality as it pretty much sux as a shopping tool.

--Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

I've gotten the Froogle feed working myself, but it keeps getting rejected by Google. They are so strict and because the default currency of my store is $AU, the prices uploaded to Google (which HAVE to be $US) are constantly changing, thus Google's dimwitted staff complain.

Also, they complain that the product descriptions don't match exactly what is in my store. This is because I'm using category fields which obviously don't translate in the froogle feed.

Moral of the story: froogle seems to be more trouble than its worth. I really can't see its practicality as it pretty much sux as a shopping tool.

--Peter

I agree with you Peter.

Its not too user friendly if you live outside the states.

I'm a victim of circumstance

Archived