• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing "Update" button from shopping cart !!

shahin

Hi,

By default at Shopping cart, we have "Update", "Continue Shopping" and "Checkout" Buttons.

Now I want to remove "Update"Button from shopping cart.

If any customer want to change the product quantity , then update function will automatically update the desired quantity- the customer don't need to click "update button".

Could anyone tell me how to remove the "UPdate" button and instead add an automatic update function at Shopping cart !!

Kind Regards,

Shahin

:( Please help me !!!

I would never do that as it will disable anybody who does not have javascript enabled from updating his or her basket.

I would never do that as it will disable anybody who does not have javascript enabled from updating his or her basket.

Then again, if you insist, remove this line from shopping_cart.php :

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_UPDATE_CART); ?></td>

Treasurer MFC

Then again, if you insist, remove this line from shopping_cart.php :

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_UPDATE_CART); ?></td>

Dear boxtel,

Thank you for your reply.

I have removed <td class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_UPDATE_CART); ?></td> from shoppingcart.php.

However, how can I add update function automatically? For instance , if any customer change the quantity of any product , the price will be refreshed. And if any customer tick the check box at remove column , the product will be removed automatically .

Thanks in advance.

Shahin

• 2 weeks later...
Dear boxtel,

Thank you for your reply.

I have removed <td class="main"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_update_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_UPDATE_CART); ?></td> from shoppingcart.php.

However, how can I add update function automatically? For instance , if any customer change the quantity of any product , the price will be refreshed. And if any customer tick the check box at remove column , the product will be removed automatically .

Thanks in advance.

Shahin

I am interested in doing this also, as I still get one or two customers a month who don't see the update button and want to know how they can order more than 1 of an item. Hopefully someone will or has come up with a method to do it... ?

I just found this, this may work, haven't tried it yet...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...13entry740713

Archived