• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Password protection of admin area.

dbhost

New installation of OSCommerce (2.2-ms2) on Mandriva Linux (2005 Power Pack, patched up to date).

I am having some trouble with the admin area. I followed the installation instructions verbatim, or so I thought, and I ended up with an unprotected admin area. I simply type in http://hostname/catalog/admin and I go right into the admin panel without so much as being presented a password dialog.

Do I set the password protection for this in my Apache configuration? If so, what directory do I set this in?

Also on the config file /var/www/html/catalog/includes/configure.php

What permissions are the right ones to set on this?

Hi dbhost,

Log into your cpanel, then select or highlight the /iadmin/ folder and then set your password for that folder.

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Hi dbhost,

Log into your cpanel, then select or highlight the /iadmin/ folder and then set your password for that folder.

Kevin

Hi there

Sorry for the ignorence, but what cpanel are you refering to? The one that my ISP provides? or is there a Cpanel for osc?

Your isp cpanel

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Archived