• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

neosepheroth

Hello. I just got done installing OScommerce by reading through the pdf file that came with my template. Everything worked fine until i reached this error at step #7....

Please perform the following actions:

* cd /home/franksfi/public_html/shop/includes/

* touch configure.php

* chmod 706 configure.php

* cd /home/franksfi/public_html/shop/admin/includes/

* touch configure.php

...I dont know where to go from here and my only options are to cancel or retry. I obviously have to change something but i dont know how.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance for your help

Hello. I just got done installing OScommerce by reading through the pdf file that came with my template. Everything worked fine until i reached this error at step #7....

Please perform the following actions:

* cd /home/franksfi/public_html/shop/includes/

* touch configure.php

* cd /home/franksfi/public_html/shop/admin/includes/

* touch configure.php

...I dont know where to go from here and my only options are to cancel or retry. I obviously have to change something but i dont know how.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you all in advance for your help

Use your ftp-client and right click on the configure.php file and set the CHMOD to 706

the only ftp clients i use are dreamweaver and IE... and dont know how to do it in either

I don't use Dreamweaver but if you connect to your server and click to highlight your configure.php file (on the server, not your local configure.php file) there has to be a palette that states something like FTP Access. It's there you would set the permissions on the file.

I don't use Dreamweaver but if you connect to your server and click to highlight your configure.php file (on the server, not your local configure.php file) there has to be a palette that states something like FTP Access. It's there you would set the permissions on the file.

or login to your control panel of your domain and you should be able to set permissions there on the configure.php file.

Create a php file named "secure.php" or whatever. Put the following code in it:

<?php
chmod('includes/configure.php', 0706);
?>

Upload this file to your server in the Catalog folder. Then run it in your browser: http://www.yourwebsite.com/catalog/secure.php

Repeat for catalog/admin

Nothing will show on the screen, but the file will run and will set the permissions.

When you're done you can change the number to 0644 or 0444 and protect the files again.

But sooner or later you're going to need an ftp program which you can use for this and much more.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

• 6 months later...
Create a php file named "secure.php" or whatever. Put the following code in it:

<?php
chmod('includes/configure.php', 0706);
?>

Upload this file to your server in the Catalog folder. Then run it in your browser: http://www.yourwebsite.com/catalog/secure.php

Repeat for catalog/admin

Nothing will show on the screen, but the file will run and will set the permissions.

When you're done you can change the number to 0644 or 0444 and protect the files again.

But sooner or later you're going to need an ftp program which you can use for this and much more.

hi, i tryed this and when i ruin the file then i get this error message:

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /home/fhlinux188/r/rakks.net/user/htdocs/osc/secure.php on line 2

please anyone know whats wrong???? <_<

Archived