• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax Class Problem

dgreenyc

We're having a small problem - I've created a Tax Zone for New York State with the Classes of Taxable Goods and Clothing Under $120 (Different rates) and the Rates for these two classes (8.375 and 4.375). The problem is - the system is adding tax to all customers, not just the customers in New York. Any ideas of why this would be happening?

We're having a small problem - I've created a Tax Zone for New York State with the Classes of Taxable Goods and Clothing Under $120 (Different rates) and the Rates for these two classes (8.375 and 4.375). The problem is - the system is adding tax to all customers, not just the customers in New York. Any ideas of why this would be happening?

I am having the same problem, all price products display the prices with the sales tax and then when a resident of my state logs in, he/she is charged and additional sales tax.

I am working on it now but can't seem to figure this one out.

I am having the same problem, all price products display the prices with the sales tax and then when a resident of my state logs in, he/she is charged and additional sales tax.

I am working on it now but can't seem to figure this one out.

Got it bro!

Got to your admin panel...

"Configuration"

"My Store"

"Display Prices With Tax" ---> Turn to "false"

If you have your tax zones & tax class setup correctly, your products display the standard prices and the state tax is adding in once a user from that state logs in.

~Mark

Archived