• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I remove the thumbnail photo on the

I'm using a img src command within my item description to pull up the big stock photo from my server, and I don't care to have the thumbnail that's being generated at the beginning of the listing.

I'm attaching a small 10k photo when I create an item, so I can have images appear when browsing thru my site's categories and category content pages....but I don't need that same photo appearing when an individual item is selected and viewed.

I sell back issues of magazines and my item descriptions are quite lengthy and as you can see in the attached photo, that little thumbnail is taking up a lot of space in the listing. I'd like my product description to jump up and begin after the title of the listing; make use of all that space the thumbnail is hogging.

print1.jpg

Can someone show me where to comment out the call for that photo in product_info.php? Thanks!

Andrea

Well, I guess if I sit and twist in the wind long enough by myself, eventually....I figure something out.

My product_info.php file does not look like the 'stock' file that comes preloaded with OSC as I have a number of contribs installed that affect that file. Out Of Stock...you name it.

However...I fixed it. The photo is gone.

I expect anyone could do the same, regardless of their file. I put two forward slashes in front of the echo tep_image call, as follows:

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php //echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES[/b]. $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

Just like that. Now my product listing looks like this:

photo2.jpg

Lovely! Buyers still get the thumbnail photo when browsing thru the categories but when they click to view a particular listing, they get the 'big' photo I attached within the item description (at the bottom), via img src HTML command, to pull the big photo from my server.

Just wanted to post back in the hopes that might help someone who wants to do away with their thumbnail in their product_info.php pages, as well.

Andrea

Archived