• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error Returns When Using FedEx Freight Shipping Mod 0.5

kwalker

Hello all,

I've installed the FedEx Freight Shipping Module 0.5 and the installation seems to have installed ok. I also installed it to where it over-wrote my files since I haven't made any changes to the cart yet. I just added an item to it, along with my store owner info. However, when I add any item to the basket, then I go to checkout, I'm presented with the following error.

1054 - Unknown column 'products_fxf_class' in 'field list'

SELECT products_fxf_class, products_fxf_desc, products_fxf_nmfc, products_fxf_haz, products_fxf_freezable FROM products WHERE products_id = '28{6}16{2}14'

[TEP STOP]

Where it says products_id='28{6}16{2}14', it is an option for a size, and I have it like this:

28" x 16" x 14" in my option setup.

After deleting the cart and adding the movie "The Replacement Killers" to the cart, I'm getting the same error, except with a different id no#.

I thank you all for your valued time.

Kevin

Edited by kwalker

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Hello all,

I looked at my folders and I noticed that the shipping mod adds a folder called "admin", and I also have a folder called "iadmin" which was installed by the store. I'm suspecting that has something to do with the problem. I'm reading the instructions again. It wasn't much because it's suppose to be simple, and it looks simple enough, but I am not getting something right or something else needs to be configured that wasn't explained.

Since I didn't do much to the store in the beginning, and I only tried out this one mod so far, and I'm not sure of exactly which files it over-wrote, so I uninstalled the whole store, and I'm back to square one. The only thing I lost on this one is time. Wheewww, I'm glad that's all.

Anyway, I'm compelled to email the contributor of this mod and ask that he reads this post. Since I have just the default store and nothing added to it, I'm assuming this aught to work, straight out of the box.

I am confident I followed the instructions carefully. If it'll help any, the store is installed in the root directory of the server.

Thank you all.

Kevin

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Below is what the instructions explain for NEW installations. Which would be me, since I never used it before.

-=FRESH INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS=-

-------------------------------

0. BACKUP YOUR DATABASE AND ALL OF YOUR FILES!

1. Copy all of the files and directories from this zip file to your catalog directory keeping true to the directory structure. For the files that already exist, you will need to either overwrite them, or manually update them by opening each one and copying the code between these tags:

//---FedEx Freight Modification START ---//

//---FedEx Freight Modification END ---//

2. Import the included SQL file called "fxfreight.sql" to your database using a program like phpMyAdmin.

3. Go into your Administration section -> Modules -> Shipping and install the "FedEx Freight" module.

4. Click "Edit" and update all of the settings.

5. Click "Update" and you're done.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No#1 is where I must be lost. Since I uploaded the files and folders where they're suppose to be, I thought that they were over writing my files that are already there. But, if I'm wrong about that, I'm not sure exactly what is meant by:

For the files that already exist, you will need to either overwrite them, or manually update them by opening each one and copying the code between these tags:

What code is this referring to? The whole .php page code? I guess that's where I'm lost. I also thought that the code:

would already be inserted inside of the pages of the mod since it's overwriting my /includes/ folder anyway. Plus it adds a /admin/ folder.

It's probably so easy, I just can't catch it right now.

Does anyone have any ideas? I did however email him and gave the link to this thread.

Thanks again for all your help!

Kevin

Edited by kwalker

(By Kwalker)

Hi safoo,

I don't understand "Check the sql changes". Nothing seems to have changed, unless I'm not looking in the right place. I opened up the phpmyadmin but I don't see where the problem could be at.

Kevin

(By Kwalker)

Here is what I've done.

While in the phpmyadmin, I went to "sql" and then I went to look on my hard drive for the fxfreight.sql and I ran a query on it, and do see that it's wanting to add those tables that are missing to my "products" table. I also have that query file on my server, but I'm obviously not looking in the right place.

I do feel a little bit better, because I do see what the query file is trying to create.

Ok... I looked in the products table, and it did add those fields to the table.

After reloading the page, I'm now presented with these 2 error blocks:

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/cemetery/domains/cemetery-headstones.com/public_html/index.php on line 13

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/php/includes') in /home/cemetery/domains/cemetery-headstones.com/public_html/index.php on line 13

I'm not going to let this mod get the best of me. I can't believe how many mod, scripts, .php .mysql and other programs that are much much more complicated than this, and I installed them without a single problem.

I'd have to say this mod makes my install failure rate at approximately 2 out of 75+ installs. Honestly, I can usually install anything without a problem. But I must expect to run into difficulties from time-to-time.

I really thank you for your help too, as I am still waiting for the creator to jump in on this thread. I really do need this mod, if I can just get it going.

Kevin

(By Kwalker)

Before employing this mod, I renamed my /includes/ folder to /includesBAK/. I renamed it back to its original name. So, now it's back to where it was. Also, the folder in the mod doesn't have the files that are in the original /includes/ folder.

The mod files doesn't have these file names as my orginal folder does.

I am thinking that my problem is not putting that FedEx comment/code in my existing pages as stated. But I did upload everything as stated in the readme file. And where to put the code? Do I put the code on the very 1st line of all my pages and on the very last line?

Could you (mod creator) tell me which files I need to change/modify?

Kevin

(By Kwalker)

Re-reading the readme file and this is where I'm having the problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Copy all of the files and directories from this zip file to your catalog directory keeping true to the directory structure. For the files that already exist, you will need to either overwrite them, or manually update them by opening each one and copying the code between these tags:

a. When I do copy all of the folders, which includes the /includes/ folder, it doesn't have any of the files that are in my original /includes/ folder.

b. The only file in the mod is the fxfreight.sql while there are just 2 folders: /admin/ and /includes/

c. In step one where it says: For the files that already exist, you will need to either overwrite them, or manually update them by opening each one and copying the code between these tags:

Again, when I open the files, do the "start" code go at the very 1st line of every page, and the "end" at the very last line of the page?

Thanks again for your valued time.

Kevin

(By Kwalker)

Hello all,

I've managed to get the mod to work, but the problem now is that if I input my FedEx Freight Account no# in, an error returns to the screen when you checkout. If you remove the account no#, it will process properly, but it's not going to give the discounted price, which needs my account no# in order to get it.

Also, what I noticed is that the readme file for this mod will cause you to "over write" your folders, which will indeed delete every file you have in those folders, rendering the whole store inoperable. The contrib only has 5 files that need to be uploaded, but 1 is the fxfreight.sql file.

Look at the screen shot I put together. The files listed in the folders need to be "added" to the already folders. DO NOT upload the whole folders as the readme file suggests. Just rename the files that are already on the server, (I used filenameBAK.php), but you can name them as you see fit. After renaming the files on your server, upload the files from your hard drive to the correct directories. Notice that the files may have the same name in the contrib, but they have different file sizes. So be careful.

Image2.jpg

I will redo a readme file for the contrib and I'll submit it in to replace the already readme file.

Now I need this contrib to give me a shipping quote when I use my account no#. Below is the error I get when I use my account no#:

FedEx Freight

We're sorry, but an error occured while calculating the FedEx Freight shipping prices.

FedEx Freight returned an error or invalid response.

***http://www.fedexfreight.fedex.com/XMLRating.jsp?as_shipterms=prepaid&as_shzip=39705&as_shcntry=US

&as_cnzip=37208&as_cncntry=US&as_iamthe=shipper&as_acctnbr=99999999&as_class1=050&as_weight1=300&as_pcs1=1

&as_haz1=0&as_freezable1=0

(I've added the *** so the code would display here, plus I hit return so the code wouldn't display a long line of code on just 1 line).

I've called FedEx and they verified my account info, so I know that's not the problem. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Edited by kwalker

(By Kwalker)

The above ***http:// link code translates to: http://www.fedexfreight.fedex.com/XMLRatin...as_freezable1=0 exactly as it shows

I wonder what that freezable mean? None of my products require freezing.

I'm still working on it.

Kevin

(By Kwalker)

freezable=0 means that your shipment doesn't need to be kept frozen in transit. Not important.

Based on the link you posted, you're right, your account number is what's causing the problem. Only FedEx can answer you here. If they say the number is right, let me know and I'll look into it further. Unfortunately, their API is very new and doesn't return useful error messsages.

Please use the forums for support! I am happy to help you here, but I am unable to offer free technical support over instant messenger or e-mail.

freezable=0 means that your shipment doesn't need to be kept frozen in transit. Not important.

Based on the link you posted, you're right, your account number is what's causing the problem. Only FedEx can answer you here. If they say the number is right, let me know and I'll look into it further. Unfortunately, their API is very new and doesn't return useful error messsages.

Brian, thanks for the reply. I'll check further with them about it too.

By the way, I've been looking over the files to this mod, and it looks like once I get the hang of things, this mod can do wonders.

I'll contact them on Moday morning and hopefully they can help me with my account info.

Ohh,,, before I forget, do you have a FedEx Express & Ground Shipping Rate Contrib?

Thanks again for your valued time.

Kevin

(By Kwalker)