• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

embedded forum on product_info.php

boblawblaw

Hello everyone, ive already asked this in another forum, but it didnt help at all with no responces, so here i go again!

so, i really need to know if this is possible (any ideas)! What i need/want for my store is a super simple super basic discussion forum for each product page!! Much like IMDb.com uses for each film/actor page.

here is an example: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398017/. If you scroll down to the very bottom you will see what I am talking about. It is a very simple, no frills forum that requires you to be logged in to view/post. I dont really care too much about the being logged in feature though. If anyone can help me out i would be sooooooooooo appreciative!!! ANY reply/comment/answer/help would be greatly appreciated! im just getting so frustrated cause not a single one of my posts on these forums have been replied to!

Hello everyone, ive already asked this in another forum, but it didnt help at all with no responces, so here i go again!

so, i really need to know if this is possible (any ideas)! What i need/want for my store is a super simple super basic discussion forum for each product page!! Much like IMDb.com uses for each film/actor page.

here is an example: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0398017/. If you scroll down to the very bottom you will see what I am talking about. It is a very simple, no frills forum that requires you to be logged in to view/post. I dont really care too much about the being logged in feature though. If anyone can help me out i would be sooooooooooo appreciative!!! ANY reply/comment/answer/help would be greatly appreciated! im just getting so frustrated cause not a single one of my posts on these forums have been replied to!

Maybe you should rephrase your question for a more direct answer. Of course it is possible but if there is already something like this as a contribution ? I think not and assuming you have searched extensively for this I suppose there isn't (yet).

That means you either make it yourself, wait for someone with the same need and capable of programming it or find someone willing to create this for free or some bucks.

You could take a look at the review pages and 'borrow' some code/ideas from that. If you really want to keep it simple you only need some input/save option and a database table to store productid with comments and maybe a userid.

Archived