• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I db backup will not restore

I saved my backup to sql file and to my computer and neither one will restore. I put a lot of work into it and I dont want to have to input my data all over again. Also is there an easy way tp upload my inventory from a file or do I have to many insert over 1000 products one at a time? I know that I am a wreck but I getting some body work. Thanks ;)

I can't say what your problem is but if you've got the files the data is not lost.

The only issue is how to get the data back where you want it to be and that can take some thought and experimentation.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

I can't say what your problem is but if you've got the files the data is not lost.

The only issue is how to get the data back where you want it to be and that can take some thought and experimentation.

Here are my thoughts. I wasgoing to create a back up file in the /catalog/admin/backup/XXX....sql and then open the saved file in a file editor or notepad then cut and past the info intothe backup file. after that I will try to restore the file. If you have any thoughts please let me know. preciate your help.

How exactly are you trying to restore?

I am trying to restore my database of all of the inventory I manually input.

What do you mean when you say it won't restore? Do you get an error? No

When I go to Backup Database in the Adminstration/Tools/Backup and click on Restore.

Is your backup zipped (compressed)? I did a standard backup which is a raw sql file. and I backed it up to my computer.

It's difficult to help you pinpoint problems if you don't explain in detail what you did and/or are trying to do. What EXACTLY happens when you try to restore from a backup? How EXACTLY are you trying to do it? Are you uploading your local copy to the server? Is the file readable by the webserver? Is anything else happening? Does it look like it's trying to do something when you click restore - ie, does the page take a while to reload?

If you're following standard steps and they're not working, then you need to dig deeper to figure out why.

As an alternative, if you have PHPmyAdmin, you can restore by pasting the SQL statements into the SQL tab window.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

It's difficult to help you pinpoint problems if you don't explain in detail what you did and/or are trying to do. What EXACTLY happens when you try to restore from a backup? How EXACTLY are you trying to do it? Are you uploading your local copy to the server? Is the file readable by the webserver? Is anything else happening? Does it look like it's trying to do something when you click restore - ie, does the page take a while to reload?

If you're following standard steps and they're not working, then you need to dig deeper to figure out why.

As an alternative, if you have PHPmyAdmin, you can restore by pasting the SQL statements into the SQL tab window.

Like I stated in my post, I uploaded the sql file from my backup file on my computer to the server. I did this via the Administration/Tools/Backup I click restor and it as me to select a file. I choose the file from my computers Documents folder. I click restore and it looks like it starts to load the screen refreshes but there is no backup file that was uploaded. I dont know what is going on. I hope these details will help.

Still need help with this.

It's hard for someone to help you with this because we don't know exactly what you have.

If I were you I'd open the file you have in a text editor and then open the demo db that comes with the osc distribution and compare the two. Try to understand why one file is importable and the other not.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Archived