• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Catagory Links

roadrunner678

So here's the deal. In the category box, I have added product categories and then individually products. For example one category is called Manual Hoist and then under that I have the individual products including lever hoist and hand chain hoist. What I want to know is how can I change the links for the individual products to go to an html page that I have created. My website is cranesonnet.com

Thanks

Kathy

That kind of misses the point of using php to generate the site, doesn't it? You ought to take what you've done in html, and put it within the osc context, for the sake of continuity, and for ease of site maintainence. You ought to be able to get osc to do anything that you did in html, but that' just my 2 cents!

Jeremy

So here's the deal. In the category box, I have added product categories and then individually products. For example one category is called Manual Hoist and then under that I have the individual products including lever hoist and hand chain hoist. What I want to know is how can I change the links for the individual products to go to an html page that I have created. My website is cranesonnet.com

Thanks

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Ok Lets take LB Lever Hoist as an example if you go to your osC Administation Tool > Catalog > Click on the envelope for > Manual Hoist-> Then the Edit buton for LB Lever Hoist> Then copy and paste your html page including images, links and html code into the box > Products Description: also fill in any of the boxes that you want Then click > Preview < if everything is Ok click > Update < or if not click > Back < to Edit

If this is not what you want PM me, but it's not a good policy to make your visitors have to go in and out of your php pages

Kind Regards,

Michelle.

And ----- I didn't ask for comments. I asked for help.

Ah, but that's the thing with open source and bulletin boards, you get both for the price of none! I didn't mean to be unhelpful, I posted my first reation to your request, and wanted to see if your reply would give more of a clue as to what your ability level is at, so that the advice is at the right level, not too advanced, but not so basic as to waste time typing what you already know. Michelle has made a good start, that will get you going in the right direction as far as getting the text and formatting of the text entered. You can play around with settings in the cascading style sheet file to modify aspects of the look of your site. It is helpful at the start to make changes to one thing at a time to see which bits of code control different parts of the site. When I went through that, I'd edit the file, upload to the server, find the difference, and make a note of it. If you put your mouse over the netwoprk button in the upper right of each forum page, you can click on the knowledge base, and there you will find a wealth of information that will help lessen the learning curve.

Good Luck,

Jeremy

Archived