• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping Fee exclusions

characterdriven

I've been searching the various forums to see if anyone else has had this issue, but can't seem to find anyone who has needed to eliminate shipping fees for downloads, which seems surprising. It's logical that is one were to order a downloadable item there would not be any shipping charges applicable to to that purchase, however I haven't been able to figure out how to elminiate the shipping charge on specific items or on downloads generally. Is there a contribution that I should be looking at to make the download module more versatile (this is something I want to use a lot) or are there just specific contributions that would make the modifications needed?

I'm very reluctant to add contributions as I know just enough about OSCommerce to screw things up and with over 400 items in the store at this point I don't want to crash anything. These even goes to installation of templates (I'd like to have more interesting navigation tools for instance) so if there's anyone that can help with either or both of these issues I'd be grateful. :thumbsup:

I've been searching the various forums to see if anyone else has had this issue, but can't seem to find anyone who has needed to eliminate shipping fees for downloads, which seems surprising. It's logical that is one were to order a downloadable item there would not be any shipping charges applicable to to that purchase, however I haven't been able to figure out how to elminiate the shipping charge on specific items or on downloads generally. Is there a contribution that I should be looking at to make the download module more versatile (this is something I want to use a lot) or are there just specific contributions that would make the modifications needed?

I'm very reluctant to add contributions as I know just enough about OSCommerce to screw things up and with over 400 items in the store at this point I don't want to crash anything. These even goes to installation of templates (I'd like to have more interesting navigation tools for instance) so if there's anyone that can help with either or both of these issues I'd be grateful. :thumbsup:

Try this thread:

Bypass shipping

Archived