• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help! New to Setting Up a Website!

jacqueline1

Hi there

Please can someon help me with a few things as I am struggling with setting up my website!

I would like to insert a banner with my website name on, where do I this and how?

Also how do I change the text on the homepage to read what I want it to? At the moment it is the standard that oscommerce set up.

Finally where will I get SSL for my site?

I know these might sound like simple questions but I really am not all that techy.

Many thanks

Jacqueline

Hi there

Please can someon help me with a few things as I am struggling with setting up my website!

I would like to insert a banner with my website name on, where do I this and how?

Also how do I change the text on the homepage to read what I want it to? At the moment it is the standard that oscommerce set up.

Finally where will I get SSL for my site?

I know these might sound like simple questions but I really am not all that techy.

Many thanks

Jacqueline

For changing the oscommerce default banner in the header, look into the file in /includes/header.php, search for 'oscommerce.gif' and then replace with your banner image name. the 'oscommerce' text after the image name is the Alt text, and the 2 numbers after that is the width, and height.

To change the text in the main page, look in to /includes/languages/english/index.php, find the line that reads "define('Text_MAIN', '....several lines of text and html tags...');" and then just replace everything within the single quote marks after the comma.

Finally, to get SSL, you'll need to work with your web host to find out if they provide SSL service or if you have to go get the certificate by yourself. To get your own certificate, have your host generate a CSR file and find the certificate that is most suitable for you at GeoTrust; after that you'll receive an e-mail with the certificate attached. forward the certificate part to your web host and they should be able to set it up for you. And what you have to do after that varies based on the type of the server.

Kabuto

Archived