• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Teething problems with new install

Shadyone

I have installed CRE Loaded and a template which I purchased and am having a problem with some pics not showing up.

I did actually pay to have the site installed but the guy installed it in the wrong place.

The store he installed is here www.oceanview-cottage.net/store

now the store that I have installed is here www.wholesalevitamins.com.au but I can't get the images to load. Even in the admin section some images are not loading. When I first installed the shop it seemed to be working fine but after playing around with it for a while they're not.

I thought it may have to do with setting the permission on the files incorrectly as I followed the instructions that came with the download about changing security settings of some files and folders. I have changed them to what they originally were and changed them back again with no luck.

I've run out of idea's, can anyone fill me in on what is going on?

Cheers

Darren

Looks like a permission issue. Check that the folder under the templates directory templates/7348/images/ has read and execute for everyone (chmod 755 "filename" ). Also check the your images have read for everyone. Oh and that the user running apache is the user who owns the files (sometimes your host might screwup something with the file ownership). It might help if you posted the permissions that you are seeing on the dir and images.

RonScott, you are a flipping legend. Thank you for saving my sanity, I had been trying to get that right for about 3 hrs. It worked perfectly.

Cheers

Just for intrests sake these are the settings that came in the install instructions.

For security, DELETE the Install folder. If you ever need it again you can re-upload it from your personal computer: (RIGHT-click it, then select DELETE from the drop-down menu):

install

For security, change configuration file permissions to 644 so only you, the owner, can read and write, and all others can read-only.?:

/includes/configure.php

So the program can upload your Main Page (home page) text for you, set the file permissions to 706 on this file:

/includes/languages/english/mainpage.php

To allow the program to upload images you select, change the images file permissions to 706 on this FOLDER:

/images/

So the program will be permitted to write backups, set the file permissions on the backups directory to 706:

/admin/backups

To allow the program to write graphs, change the directory file permissions to 706:

/admin/images/

/admin/images/graphs

For security, change ADMIN configuration file permissions to 644 so only you, the owner, can read and write, and all others can read-only.?:

admin/includes/configure.php

So the program can upload images to the templates directory, change the file permissions to 706 on this FOLDER (or other template folder if you change from Original template)

/templates/Original/images/ or

/templates/(templatename)/images/

So you can batch-upload products with EasyPopulate, change the file permissions to 706 on this FOLDER:

/temp/

Archived