• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Right click

whitehawk43

I need help can it be done so people can't right click and stealing pic's and or viewing files source. if so how and where are changes made

I can do this thru my host admin, not thru my osc admin, I do think there is a contribution for osc if you cant do it thru your server. Good luck!

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

//Disable right click script III- By Renigade ([email protected])
//For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

var message="";
///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE() {if (document.all) {(message);return false;}}
function clickNS(e) {if 
(document.layers||(document.getElementById&&!document.all)) {
if (e.which==2||e.which==3) {(message);return false;}}}
if (document.layers) 
{document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);document.onmousedown=clickNS;}
else{document.onmouseup=clickNS;document.oncontextmenu=clickIE;}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("return false")
// --> 
</script>

put that in the body of your header should werk

I think

as well all one has to do get source is goto your edit button view source and or print screen your images blah blah

if someone wants your pics they will take em

actually I am using sts tempate I inserted the code in the body of that and no right clicky

<script language=JavaScript>
<!--

//Disable right mouse click Script
//By Maximus ([email protected]) w/ mods by DynamicDrive
//For full source code, visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com

var message="Function Disabled!";

///////////////////////////////////
function clickIE4(){
if (event.button==2){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}

function clickNS4(e){
if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){
if (e.which==2||e.which==3){
alert(message);
return false;
}
}
}

if (document.layers){
document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
document.onmousedown=clickNS4;
}
else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){
document.onmousedown=clickIE4;
}

document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false")

// --> 
</script>

this one will give you a little message when you right click that you can edit to say whatever you want

people please fill out your info ... I like to see the sites and it helps everyone help you greatly

Let's not forget that a person can easily open just about any imaging program and just do a "screen shot". No way to stop that.

There are programs that will allow you to "watermark" your images. And there are also programs that will "watermark" your images + "track" where they are being used on the internet.

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Let's not forget that a person can easily open just about any imaging program and just do a "screen shot". No way to stop that.

There are programs that will allow you to "watermark" your images. And there are also programs that will "watermark" your images + "track" where they are being used on the internet.

Kevin

I agree.

It would be better to water mark your images with a logo, etc. Realisticly, its difficult to enforce image theft, but if your logo's branded to the product, at least it makes it hard for them.

I figure if they can figure our how to remove the watermark, I didnt do a good enough job and then they deserve the pic.

The best way to enforce copyright infringment is to stay on top of the competition. Make sure people associate your pics to your store, and it makes the competition look bad when they steal your images...

Archived