• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie Question

Hi Guys

I have searched for an answer to this question (albeit a simple one!) and failed.

I came across this while trying to install the UltraPics - MS2 Image Addon Pack Contrib

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,MoPics

I understand the basics of PHP editing and such, but I am stumped as soon as it comes to running scripts into databases etc. I dont even understand what that really means. I know that an SQL databse exists and that my product and registered customers information is stored there, apart from that Im lost.

In particular i came across this in the above contrib install instructions -

''run the SQL script into your database with PHPMyAdmin or other DB Manager...''

It would be great if somebody could give a brief explanation as to what this means exactly, and perhaps how to do it. It would be of great benefit to us newbies!

Thanking you all in advance. :thumbsup:

The sql script is a file that holds a set of commands to modify the database. You need an editor to do it easily. PhpMyAdmin is one. It's free and fairly easy to install on your server but it may be on your Host's Control Panel. There will be a text box to enter commands directly and usually a place to enter filenames to upload and run. If your Contrib came with a .sql file, browse from there and upload by selecting it and hitting GO. It will upload and read the file as commands if you've got a compatible version of mysql. It usually goes just fine.

Archived