• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

BTS help urgent - where did my infoboxes go?!

I have now installed BTS (1.5d upgrade). it's driving me nuts.

It was working OK but now its not. Is there any documentation or a support thread on it? I can't find anything and I am runing out of time.

My problem is that I had the default OSC products listed (you know, the DVD's and stuff). My boxes were showing up as I wanted them to (e.g. shopping cart, info, reviews etc).

Then I went into my admin panel and removed all the default products and added my own product (single product). Now the infoboxes aren't appearing at all, with the exception of the "new products for november" at the bottom, which incidentally, I want to get rid of!!

Please help - how do I get my boxes back?! (and get rid of the damn new products one?)

Is it something in the Admin panel or elsewhere?

I am also confused about how to add new pages of content with BTS - the text help files are way out of date and conflict with the current version file structure... I am very confused.

Do I duplicate the mainpage.tpl.php and call it something else? Or should I be duplicating e.g. the Index page in the english directory?

arrrhrhrhh please somebody throw me a rope

I would post code here but I don't know which code to start with....

I appreciate any guidance. thank you.

OK I have worked out that it's not the changes to the products that messed me up, because the other templates in BTS are working OK, displaying the single new product.

So where have I removed the right column? Here is the section of code from mainpage.tpl.php. You can see I have commented out the Left column (because I don't want a left column).

It's the right column that's not showing up when it should be...

</tr>

<tr>

<!--<td class="columnLT" id="columnLeftLT"><?php require(bts_select('column', 'column_left.php')); // BTSv1.5 ?></td> //-->

<td id="contentLT"><?php

require (bts_select ('content')); // BTSv1.5

?></td>

<td class="columnLT" id="columnRightLT"><?php require(bts_select('column', 'column_right.php')); // BTSv1.5 ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td id="navBarBottomLT" colspan="3"><div class="navLeftLT"><?php echo strftime(DATE_FORMAT_LONG); ?></div><div class="navRightLT"><?php echo $counter_now . ' ' . FOOTER_TEXT_REQUESTS_SINCE . ' ' . $counter_startdate_formatted; ?></div></td>

</tr>

and here's the code from the columnright.php file

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturer_info.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'order_history.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and global_product_notifications = '1'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['count'] > 0) {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

}

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

}

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php');

}

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reviews.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php');

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

}

?>

any suggestions?? anyone??

Archived