• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP - How to move the Catalog folder in the root folder

francisbay

I searched the forum first before posting this question. But i had no luck.

:angry:

Right now I have my store as a normal default location www.domain.com/catalog

I would like my store to be in the root folder so that my future customers would just type www.domain.com

Sample store that i found that is using a oscommerce with out the catalog folder. http://www.ecotoner.com/

I know that I can just move all the files and folders that are in the catalog folder in the root directory.

I manage to combine (products tab, review, xsell, prod attrib with a little change on the code i made to sweet enough the multi images i created) into products_info.php

xsell_v2.3 --> 80% working only. The cache folder does not update and no one can answer it.

CCGV

Certapay

Fancier_Invoice_&_Packingslip_v6.1

Header Tags

LoginboxV5.4_in_header

osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1

Products_Sold_v1.2

Registry

Registry Manager

Site Map MS2 - 2.3

If you know that you can just move all the files and folders why are you asked how :D

Just move the files and folders, and then update the includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php

OK. I forgot something..

After I move the files to the root folder.

What files do i need to edit and can you please tell me the line numbers?

I manage to combine (products tab, review, xsell, prod attrib with a little change on the code i made to sweet enough the multi images i created) into products_info.php

xsell_v2.3 --> 80% working only. The cache folder does not update and no one can answer it.

CCGV

Certapay

Header Tags

LoginboxV5.4_in_header

Products_Sold_v1.2

Registry

Registry Manager

Site Map MS2 - 2.3

includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php

Anywhere that you see "/catalog/" change it to "/"

Followed your 2 simple steps but its not working correctly.

I just want to be sure.

Are you sure only 2 files that I need to edit?

CCGV

Certapay

Header Tags

LoginboxV5.4_in_header

Products_Sold_v1.2

Registry

Registry Manager

Site Map MS2 - 2.3

Followed your 2 simple steps but its not working correctly.

I just want to be sure.

Are you sure only 2 files that I need to edit?

Usually two files. Some installations end up with an extra configure.php file in catalog/includes/local. That file can be renamed to deactivate it.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Usually two files. Some installations end up with an extra configure.php file in catalog/includes/local. That file can be renamed to deactivate it.

Do I also need to change this?

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

to

define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/');

CCGV

Certapay

Header Tags

LoginboxV5.4_in_header

Products_Sold_v1.2

Registry

Registry Manager

Site Map MS2 - 2.3

i have made a copy of my shop from /box/ to /box2/

Everything went ok, the database and ADMIN part of site works 100%, put when i try to go to box2 its only blank page, if i type ADMIN, then admin mode is 100% working, but not the shop itself, i think its the STS trouble, i have changed everything from /box/ to /box2/ in all files thrue dreamweaver Search&Replace,

this is the error code:

[21-Nov-2005 21:16:42] PHP Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/furnitur/public_html/box/includes/application_top.php on line 292

[21-Nov-2005 21:16:42] PHP Warning: main(includes/languages/.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/furnitur/public_html/box/includes/application_top.php on line 292

[21-Nov-2005 21:16:42] PHP Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/furnitur/public_html/box/includes/application_top.php on line 292

I have checked, and every thing files/folders/permissions are the same in BOX2 as old original BOX.

Any body now solution?

Thanks

Archived