• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Option Type v1.71

f9Pete

Hi there,

I have added the option type v1.71 contribution and have nearly cracked it bar on thing.

I want to add a message/text box so that the customer can add a message for a card that they order. In the admin panel I have created a Product Option called Message with a text area Option Type and added it to the desired product in Product Attributes. When I view the product in my store the 'Message' attribute displays as a drop down box with no values. I have tried changing the Product Option to Text but with the same result.

Any ideas ?

Many thanks,

Pete :blink:

HELP !

Since I posted my original request I am still having real problems getting the text textarea mods to work. The text and textarea attributes are available to me within my product attributes admin panel but when I add them to a product they still display as a drop down menu but with no values !?

I have run out of ideas :(

Can anyone point me in the right direction as this is proving to be a show stopper.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Pete

:(

HELP !

Since I posted my original request I am still having real problems getting the text textarea mods to work. The text and textarea attributes are available to me within my product attributes admin panel but when I add them to a product they still display as a drop down menu but with no values !?

I have run out of ideas :(

Can anyone point me in the right direction as this is proving to be a show stopper.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Pete

:(

Can anyone please advise me on this as im very desperate to get it sorted. Any help or advice is grately appreciated

Many thanks in advance,

Pete

Sorry for bumping this but I am still very stuck with this textbox prob.

Please can anyone help me ?

Can anyone please advise me on this as im very desperate to get it sorted. Any help or advice is grately appreciated

Many thanks in advance,

Pete

did you create this Option Value:

ID = 0 (or 1 but i think it has to be the first option value ID #)

Option Name = (leave blank)

Option Value = TEXT

then at the bottom under "Products Attributes" select the product, select the option name and select TEXT as the option value

At last a reply ! Thanks so much. So far I have spent two days trying to rectify this without success :(

I have tried to create the option value below but do not have TEXT available as a value ?

What order 'exactly' is an attribute set up ?

1. Create a product option?

2. Create option value?

3. Select product and assign attribute ?

I have Text, Text Area etc available as an option type in Product Options, so the admin pack is definately installed. As I said before my text and textarea's are displaying as a drop down box with no values ?!?

This is really getting me down now :(

Any help is VERY appreciated,

Pete

did you create this Option Value:

ID = 0 (or 1 but i think it has to be the first option value ID #)

Option Name = (leave blank)

Option Value = TEXT

then at the bottom under "Products Attributes" select the product, select the option name and select TEXT as the option value

Is there anyone out there using this contribution that can help plz, im up to day four now :(

Pete

At last a reply ! Thanks so much. So far I have spent two days trying to rectify this without success :(

I have tried to create the option value below but do not have TEXT available as a value ?

What order 'exactly' is an attribute set up ?

1. Create a product option?

2. Create option value?

3. Select product and assign attribute ?

I have Text, Text Area etc available as an option type in Product Options, so the admin pack is definately installed. As I said before my text and textarea's are displaying as a drop down box with no values ?!?

This is really getting me down now :(

Any help is VERY appreciated,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

i would like to know if anyone can help me...

I have option type feature working nicely. But my problem is instead of having the field in product_info.php.

I would like to have the field outside and display the field in product_listing.php or shopping_cart.php.

can anyone help me out.

• 5 weeks later...

After adding Option Type 1.71.. I am getting this error msg..

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /mnt/web_m/d16/s48/b025c0e9/www/irishimprt/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 62

Can someone please help me. Here is my site: www.irishimprt.com

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Irish

I got it... I had an extra "}" right above it.

After adding Option Type 1.71.. I am getting this error msg..

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /mnt/web_m/d16/s48/b025c0e9/www/irishimprt/nfoscomm/catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 62

Can someone please help me. Here is my site: www.irishimprt.com

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Irish

Question about updating.. we have a store that is working well, currently using option type feature 1.5.

We now need the text input fields to be 48 characters instead of 32. Is the best option to update to v1.71? Will this introduce other problems.?

Is it compatible with new attribute manager v4b, and attribute sorter copier v5 or will we have to change those too? Is there a simpler solution?

Help!