osCommerce

The e-commerce.

TO HELP THOSE WITH DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS

Cyber2000

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does this work with the option of being invoiced rather than paying immediately? In other words:

1)Customer checks "invoice me".

2)When payment is received from the customer, the administrator changes status to allow for download.

I've seen a Cash On Delivery option for physical goods, but the only option I see for digital downloads is credit card payment.

Many Thanks,

Ryan

Ok I've sorted this one out (see previous post). Using Check/Money Order works to solve this issue.

Another issue now: There is still a link (which goes to a blank page) when the order is confirmed. How can one make this go away?

fixing the location of the define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/justch/public_html/shoppingcart/'); was exactly what I needed.

Mind you by doing the earlier fix in the download.php I was getting the same error:

Change o.order_status to o.orders_status.

so I went back to the standard download.php and my downloads work fine. I am sure that there is some vulnerability like mentionned about people using false credit cards to obtain the downloads for free - because of the nature of my downloads, I am willing to risk it.

Also because I use paypal, it will check if it is a proper credit card before allowing the download.

Teresa

Ok guys,

whilst looking on here for help in other areas, i still see that some are having problems in being able to get the downloads to work. Soo herre is the info for you thanks to my research on here and those that posted them in the first place:

Have you downloads activated??

If not you have to do this via the admin panel. In the 'Configuration' panel click 'Download'. Once you have that done click 'Enable download' and set it to 'true'.

You then have associate the sownloadable file to the product so you have to go into the 'Catalog' menu and click the 'Product Attributes' link. When you get to this page you will see three options 'Product Options', 'Option Values' and 'Products Attributes'. In the 'Product Options' menu enter a new option name called 'Download'. Once you have that entered go over to the 'Option Values' and enter in 'Yes' for the 'Download' option. Once you have all that done now you can go to the 'Product Attributes' panel and select your pruduct. Set the 'Option Value' for 'Download' and set the 'Option Value' to 'Yes'. Directly below the 'Option Name' there is a text window called 'Filename:'. Here you have to enter the name of the file thats associated with your product. Then just enter the expiry times etc and bobs your uncle.

Of course all this is useless if you do not have your product uploaded to the correct directory. The default directory is called 'download' but since you are selling a digital product I would reccommend that you change the name of the folder as this is the first place any hacker would look to get your stuff for free. If you do decide to change the name of the folder you will also have to change the name in 'includes/configure.php' to reflect the changes you made to the download folder.

no once you have done this the downloads will automatically be available upon a credit card payment. So, test cards will still allow them to steal the download for free. To ensure that the customer can only download once you have physically been paid add the foolowing code:

If you have the default osc catalog\download.php file try changing first sql query to this:

CODE

// Check that order_id, customer_id and filename match

$downloads_query = tep_db_query("select date_format(o.date_purchased, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays, opd.orders_products_filename from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['order'] . "' and o.order_status = '3' and o.orders_id = op.orders_id and op.orders_products_id = opd.orders_products_id and opd.orders_products_download_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['id'] . "' and opd.orders_products_filename != ''");

This code should only allow the d/l if the order is set to delivered. so in admin control panel, if you click on the customer orders and then set the order from pending to delivered, the customer ONLY then will be allowed to click the link and download their order.

This STOPS ALL customer from sttealing your downloads by using the test credit card number (which I wont display even you know it as it is not fair).

Hope you get it and it works as I am using it and it works great.

Thanks

RJ

Thanks this works for me! However, I am about to start implementing PayPal IPN and am wondering whether to use this method or http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...search,download ? Does anyone have any advice on which method is better to use? Any pros and cons to the 2 methods?

• 3 weeks later...

ok so i have done everything mentioned and i still dont get a useable download link. i uploaded a test file like a month ago and it worked fine. it even had spaces and was a .mp3 file. now ive uploaded real files as its digital downloads and nothing. so i changed to all different order status, nothing, changed to several forms of files location eg.. http://www. and www. and other variations within the file name and nothing. i have about 15 files that when purchased with a test card come up as normal, but when it says click to download, it shows u the file name but u cant click it. ive tried all the files now, even uploaded a picture file as a test and a zip file with basic names eg.. bg.zip and nothing works. nothin changed since a few weeks ago when it worked, and after i found it didnt work... i changed the query in /catalog /download and the other things mentioned here but nothing. i can manually type the address into safari and it locates the file and opens it in quicktime, so i dont get why when the transaction is completed, you cant use the link buton?!!? please help!!!!!

The only problem is shipping.....It's asking my customer what shipping type they want (I use the USPS module only for shipping). Why would it be asking about shipping for a downloadable product?

Thanks for the walkthrough, at least I have downloads working now.

The only problem is shipping.....It's asking my customer what shipping type they want (I use the USPS module only for shipping). Why would it be asking about shipping for a downloadable product?

Thanks for the walkthrough, at least I have downloads working now.

change the wieght to zero and delete the shipping module. mine was coming up with flat rate, but as soon as i deleted flat rate shipping in admin, it skips the shipping page.

Ok I've sorted this one out (see previous post). Using Check/Money Order works to solve this issue.

Another issue now: There is still a link (which goes to a blank page) when the order is confirmed. How can one make this go away?

And I am having the exact same problem.... Has anyone figured this out or does anyone have a sollution?

thanks,

jared

• 2 weeks later...

HI all

i have a problem conecerning downloads :

i deleted the product atribbs , all of them because i didnt know this. now what i did was to create them again but apaprently this doesnt work.

is there a way to get dl s working without reinstalling?

????

help is appreciated very much

and thanks

thomas

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Cyber2000 for the walk through. Great work! :thumbsup:

I was able to get the whole thing working although I'm an old lady with few brain cells left.... :blink:

------------------------

One thing (isn't there always), I only have digital, downloadable items so how do I get rid of all the text talking about "shipping address" and the like while checking out? It should be possible to have something like confirming your personal data but nothing saying "shipped to..." etc.

Do I have to change all text in some language files or can this be automatic somehow?

Sorry, I'm not sure I can explain clear enough, English is not my native language. :blush:

Eva

Has anyone managed to sort out the problem of the expiry date. Customers are getting an expiry date for downloads as 1999 and when I change the admin to 0 it goes to 1969....does anything need changed..what am I doing wrong here..thanks

• 2 weeks later...
If you have the default osc catalog\download.php file try changing first sql query to this:

CODE

$downloads_query = tep_db_query("select date_format(o.date_purchased, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays, opd.orders_products_filename from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " op, " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD . " opd where o.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "' and o.orders_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['order'] . "' and o.order_status = '3' and o.orders_id = op.orders_id and op.orders_products_id = opd.orders_products_id and opd.orders_products_download_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['id'] . "' and opd.orders_products_filename != ''");

This code should only allow the d/l if the order is set to delivered. so in admin control panel, if you click on the customer orders and then set the order from pending to delivered, the customer ONLY then will be allowed to click the link and download their order.

This STOPS ALL customer from sttealing your downloads by using the test credit card number (which I wont display even you know it as it is not fair).

Now my problem is about my download link. Although the script given gives me the capability to hold downloads until the order is set to delivered. I still have the link to download the file even though it is still set to pending, however it does not allow me to download the file when i click on the link, it just gives me a blank page. a link somewhat like this: catalog/download.php?order=8&id=9

What i want is to have the download link grayed out / not clickable or even not viewable when the download is still set at pending state, and only enabled/viewed when the download is in delivered state.

• 3 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

Thanks for this Post and all the dialogue here. I am also wondering what can be done to "pretty up" pending orders if the customer clicks the link and attempts to download without actually paying for a download. Is there another tips and tricks section that might provide input on the blank page?? Could I add a text page saying your order will be available as soon as your funds are ... ha ha ha. Something, I could use for Check & Money order purchases which would tell the customer that they have reached that page because their order has not been paid for and to watch their email for more information after they have paid.

This would be a nice little add on.

Again excellent Posting

Heather

Heather Thompson

Lyn's Fiber to Fabric

Ok guys,

whilst looking on here for help in other areas, i still see that some are having problems in being able to get the downloads to work. Soo herre is the info for you thanks to my research on here and those that posted them in the first place:

Have you downloads activated??

If not you have to do this via the admin panel. In the 'Configuration' panel click 'Download'. Once you have that done click 'Enable download' and set it to 'true'.

You then have associate the sownloadable file to the product so you have to go into the 'Catalog' menu and click the 'Product Attributes' link. When you get to this page you will see three options 'Product Options', 'Option Values' and 'Products Attributes'. In the 'Product Options' menu enter a new option name called 'Download'. Once you have that entered go over to the 'Option Values' and enter in 'Yes' for the 'Download' option. Once you have all that done now you can go to the 'Product Attributes' panel and select your pruduct. Set the 'Option Value' for 'Download' and set the 'Option Value' to 'Yes'. Directly below the 'Option Name' there is a text window called 'Filename:'. Here you have to enter the name of the file thats associated with your product. Then just enter the expiry times etc and bobs your uncle.

Of course all this is useless if you do not have your product uploaded to the correct directory. The default directory is called 'download' but since you are selling a digital product I would reccommend that you change the name of the folder as this is the first place any hacker would look to get your stuff for free. If you do decide to change the name of the folder you will also have to change the name in 'includes/configure.php' to reflect the changes you made to the download folder.

no once you have done this the downloads will automatically be available upon a credit card payment. So, test cards will still allow them to steal the download for free. To ensure that the customer can only download once you have physically been paid add the foolowing code:

CODE

Hope you get it and it works as I am using it and it works great.

Thanks

RJ

Hi.

Is there any way of allowing clients to download without paying? I want to allow them to download .pdf files and i dont really need the cart & checkout option as my site is mainly for sharing information for my clients.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Warren

Is there a way to auto confirm the downloads in the update process of the admin section? Is there a way to set the default to delivered so that the consumer can automatically download the product without me having to go in and do it manually?

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you may have already figured this out but just in case...

If you are still having problems with:

"1054 - Unknown column 'o.order_status' in 'where clause'

select date_format(o.date_purchased, '%Y-%m-%d') as date_purchased_day, opd.download_maxdays, opd.download_count, opd.download_maxdays, opd.orders_products_filename from orders o, orders_products op, orders_products_download opd where o.customers_id = '20' and o.orders_id = '4' and o.order_status = '3' and o.orders_id = op.orders_id and op.orders_products_id = opd.orders_products_id and opd.orders_products_download_id = '54' and opd.orders_products_filename != ''

[TEP STOP]"

My fix was correcting a typo in the provided code at the beginning of this thread:

Change o.order_status = '3' to o.orders_status = '3'

For some reason, my column name has an 's' in my orders table.

Hope this helps.......thanks to all you programmers who developed this great piece of software. I sure don't mind finding these little things since you folks have done the hard part of writing the base code. Thanks, too, to all the contributors who share.

T

• 2 weeks later...

Talk about frustration.... I have checked, double checked and triple checked all of the changes and fixes that all of you awesome people have posted here but, for some reason, I STILL can't get my download link to show up. I am selling information in PDF format and once the payment process is complete there is no link. Do I have to set certain files to certain privilages? I am using the default "download" folder until I can get through this. It is set at 775. I don't know what else to do at this point. :'( Thx in advance.

Probably the most stupid question (stupidest) that you will see in this post... How much of the filename do you need in the attributes section....? I have checked everything else and it is on target. I just can't get the downlink to show up after paying with paypal.

I put the file name only (yourfilename.pdf)

do you put... catalog/download/yourfilename.pdf ?

or just yourfilename.pdf

or do I have to go the whole route and put everything in.... i'm stuck and have been working on this (and the shipping problems I ve been having for three days.... I need a valium!

pam

Probably the most stupid question (stupidest) that you will see in this post... How much of the filename do you need in the attributes section....? I have checked everything else and it is on target. I just can't get the downlink to show up after paying with paypal.

I put the file name only (yourfilename.pdf)

do you put... catalog/download/yourfilename.pdf ?

or just yourfilename.pdf

or do I have to go the whole route and put everything in.... i'm stuck and have been working on this (and the shipping problems I ve been having for three days.... I need a valium!

pam

Just the "yourfilename.pdf" is needed and it should be uploaded to your download folder. See the following link for my info:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=236224

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Just the "yourfilename.pdf" is needed and it should be uploaded to your download folder. See the following link for my info:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=236224

I appreciate such a quick reponse. Thank you.

I went through everything again.... I checked the slash in the code as well. it's there.

The only thing I see that is different is that I have a pdf file rather than a zip file. Could this be causing it? I'll change that and see if it is working. (One file that I was using as a test is actually a txt file. I'll change that one too.)

The link just doesn't show up. at all. I also looked in "my account" and it wasn't there either.

pam

Archived