• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

HI There

OK, here is an update:

I have replaced the ipn.php and the 2 paypal_ipn.php files with the original unaltered ones

Unfortunately its stilll not sending out an email and its not decreasing the stock total by one.

Is there something else i could be missing

Thanks!!

I've tried to find information about session problem. I found fews people having the same / similar session problem with their paypal payment module.

I'm just wondering if the session problem was related to the recent change of Paypal.

I remember the Paypal IPN checkout process worked fine for me before, even the new version IPN V2.2 it worked fine withour this problem before.

It turned to be a problem only until recently. a new oscsid was assigned. customers return to the store login.php instead of checkout_success.php. However, and surprisingly, the session problem is gone and the checkour process worked as expected when auto return URL activated (although it was not recommend). The session id could be kept when auto return URL was activiated.

I have not installed any contribution that modified checkout_process.php

it is very strange,

any ideas ?

jason

HI There

Any ideas of a solution please? I have now reverted back to just a clean install and its not functioning for me in terms of sending out the emails to notify of a purchase to the customer OR decreasing the stock level by one.

As for Jasons issue above, I have noticed there can be a session issue, but generally when a refresh of a page occurs only.,

Please help!!!

Thanks so much

HI There

Any ideas of a solution please? I have now reverted back to just a clean install and its not functioning for me in terms of sending out the emails to notify of a purchase to the customer OR decreasing the stock level by one.

As for Jasons issue above, I have noticed there can be a session issue, but generally when a refresh of a page occurs only.,

Please help!!!

Thanks so much

For session problems - the safest way is to force cookie use. This will only work if you have your own full ssl certificate (does not work with shared ssls). Forced cookie use means that the session is stored in a cookie and does not rely on session ids passed on as GET variables.

Given the nature of this problem I'd appreciate if a new thread could be started - maybe a generic one for "PayPal Session Problems" .. as the issue does not seem related to the script of this contribution it would be better to discuss this separately. Many thanks in advance for your understanding to keep this thread on topic. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Does this populate paypal with the corect item descriptions if multiple items have been bought or does it work the same way as V1.3 and V1.4 and just display the store name?

I am currently using 1.3 so should it be as simple as remove the old install and replace it with this new one? The only change I did to 1.3 was the following

FIND 

$parameters['item_name'] = STORE_NAME;	

REPLACE WITH:

$parameters['item_name'] = $_SESSION['FixOrder'];

(which I will want to do again if the answer to my first question is a no)

and changed the default currency from USD to GBP

Does anyone know the answers to my above questions?

Thanks

Newbie alert!! :blink:

This is my first shot at setting this up (actually, setting up the whole shopping cart bit). I set up a sandbox account, and configured the IPN module, but when I go to actually "pay" I keep getting the this invoice has already been paid as part of the sandbox, even if I clear the cart and enter new items. Any pointers?

Also, I see in the install instructions that there are supposed to be entries in the sales log of "Preparing [PayPal IPN]". Where in the heck do I see these entries? The "Report" section in the Admin panel only has very minimal info. The only log files generates seems to be the parse time log. Any pointers GREATLY appreciated.

Bumping this one since I didn't get any replies. I'd greatly apreciate any advice for someone just getting started. Even a link would help :'(

Edited by gof

Please check the contribution package help section for "this invoice has already been paid" fix.

The entries will appear in your admin in the order page as order comment.

all the best - Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Does anyone know the answers to my above questions? Thanks

I believe you can just go ahead and do it. However to be on the safe side, take a backup of your files first. To install a new version you need to uninstall the module from the admin area, copy over the new files and then re-install. Please take care to back up your shop files & database first. all the best - Terra

From the documentation:

If you have SSL enabled, then you won't need to set up encrypted web payments as the payment module automatically uses SSL if available.

To set up yor encrypted web payments, log in to your PayPal account, ...

I'm not sure what this means exactly. Does this mean that if you use the IPN mod and you have SSL enabled, then you ONLY have to exchange public/private key information with PayPal in order for payments to be encrypted?

If I am right, then I think I understand your statement.

Also, if you then view source from the OsC "confirm order" page, will the money values be encrypted in the html?

Please check the contribution package help section for "this invoice has already been paid" fix.

The entries will appear in your admin in the order page as order comment.

all the best - Terra

Thanks. I'll recheck all this.

With regard to the orders, I "found" them finally under Admin->Customers->Orders. I have been looking under Admin->Reports. Are there any more detailed reports or logs that I should be looking for or contributions that enhance the logging? Oh, related note: where do I change the graphics for the corner of the Invoice/packing slip? (from the default osCommerce). My site has the logo swapped already.

For the already paid item, this would seem to be the issue when you're using multiple stores, right? If I only have once store, appending a letter still isn't going to help. Or is this an issue with using the sandbox that needs to be adjusted? I had already tried setting Paypal to allow duplicate order numbers, but that didn't seem to impact the sandbox... I haven't tried to issue live test orders for a penny each, but I'll probably have to do that at least twice to make sure things are really working.

Sorry for all the questions. I've got the IT and web background, just very new with the store stuff (and all the baggage that goes along with it).

Edited by gof

From the documentation:

I'm not sure what this means exactly. Does this mean that if you use the IPN mod and you have SSL enabled, then you ONLY have to exchange public/private key information with PayPal in order for payments to be encrypted?

If I am right, then I think I understand your statement.

Also, if you then view source from the OsC "confirm order" page, will the money values be encrypted in the html?

The PayPal's Encrypted Web Payments has nothing to do with your web site SSL certificate. Terra suggested in the document that you can rely on the enabled SSL, and skip the EWP part, which I don't agree. This module makes use of the PayPal standard button code. Without EWP, it's not secure at all.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

HI AlexStudio!!

Any idea on why there are no emails coming from the contrib from new orders or why the stock levels are not decreasing as it goes along?

Hope you can help!

Many Thanks

Da

I have answered this question many times. Please search a few pages back in this thread.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

The PayPal's Encrypted Web Payments has nothing to do with your web site SSL certificate. Terra suggested in the document that you can rely on the enabled SSL, and skip the EWP part, which I don't agree. This module makes use of the PayPal standard button code. Without EWP, it's not secure at all.

So how does one incorporate EWP with OsCommerce? How do you change the button code if it is generated by osCommerce? I understand if you are generating the button code by hand, but with osCommerce you are not generating the button code by hand.

HI There

I have searched back through the pages, and honestly can't find the answer as to why its doing this?

Could you tell me what page number your answer is?

Kind Thanks

Start with this link, posted by Terra.

So how does one incorporate EWP with OsCommerce? How do you change the button code if it is generated by osCommerce? I understand if you are generating the button code by hand, but with osCommerce you are not generating the button code by hand.

EWP and the button code are implemented in this module. You don't need to worry about the button code, only the EWP part.

Hello,

I have been advised to upgrade from the standard Paypal module to the Paypal IPN module. I have also been advised to be careful with the latest version because bugs haven't been completely sorted out.

Would you guys have some advice on which version of the contribution I should install? One that is more stable/ has less (or no) bugs?

Thank you in advance,

Have all a great day,

K.

EWP and the button code are implemented in this module. You don't need to worry about the button code, only the EWP part.

Thanks Alex. At the moment I have IPN mod installed and the notifications are working correctly. But I do NOT see any encryption on the "confirm order" page for the order value. Will the button code be automatically encrypted after I do the following?:

To set up yor encrypted web payments, log in to your PayPal account, click on "Profile - > Encrypted Payment Settings". Click on "Download" to download PayPal’s public certificate. Create your own certificate and upload it to PayPal.

You also need to store your cert/key and the PayPal cert file on your host, and in admin under PayPal (Credit Card/Debit) set Enable Encrypted Web Payments to ture and then setup all following EWP related options carefully.

You also need to store your cert/key and the PayPal cert file on your host, and in admin under PayPal (Credit Card/Debit) set Enable Encrypted Web Payments to ture and then setup all following EWP related options carefully.

Thanks Alex. On the "confirm order" page:

<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="3.00">

Will the value "3.00" be encrypted in "view source" when I install SSL? Otherwise the user can change this value - ?

Thanks Alex. On the "confirm order" page:

<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="3.00">

Will the value "3.00" be encrypted in "view source" when I install SSL? Otherwise the user can change this value - ?

I don't understand what you're doing. You can't hardcode the amount in the checkout_comfirmation.php.

I don't understand what you're doing. You can't hardcode the amount in the checkout_comfirmation.php.

I'm not hardcoding the amount. But a malicious user might view source, then copy the form, and then submit it with their own values. Unless the amount is encrypted?