• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Hi,

For some reason, the country name in the confirmation e-mail is just one character long, for instance:

John Doe

1234 Unknown Street

Wentworth Falls, 2782

New South Wales, A

Where "A" appears instead of "Australia".

Is there a way to fix this bug?

Sincerely,

Amar

i have the same problem . only one character of the country name is shown . did your solve the problem ?

The country name problem is a bug in 060817 update release. To solve this problem, there are answers in general support forum.

You have 2 choices, one is restoring back to 051113 patch release, and the other is to write an additional tep_address_format_() function to be used with ipn.php and/or where ever you need the country name shown correctly.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

The country name problem is a bug in 060817 update release. To solve this problem, there are answers in general support forum.

You have 2 choices, one is restoring back to 051113 patch release, and the other is to write an additional tep_address_format_() function to be used with ipn.php and/or where ever you need the country name shown correctly.

Hi alex , thanks for your speed reply.

I've tried to search the forum in regards of the country name problem bug but could not find any yet. may you point me to the right direction ?

I'm just wondering why. ...... the country name problem do not exist with other methond of payment ,such as cash, bank transfer and western union payment. It shown just as expected. no problem. all fine.

However, when paypal IPN was selected , only the first character of country name shown. customer encoutner this problem only when they paid the item by paypal. but not with other method payment. if they selected other payment, they received the confirmation email correctly. why ? if it is a bug of 060817 update release, why it is only happend when customer choose to pay by Paypal IPN , but not with other method of payment.

I'm sorry but I just don't understand. aprreciate if you might help further. thanks for your time.

Regards

Jason

Is it possible to display on the checkout_confirmation page a message saying something like "After you click 'Confirm Order' you will be taken to PayPal site ... blah blah"?

With other modules there is a box that displays Payment Information that is loaded from:

if ($confirmation = $payment_modules->confirmation()).

The PayPal IPN module returns 'false'

I know there is a lot of other stuff going in that function...... which i havent sorted through yet

Can i change this to return a message as described above and display it in the Payment Information box WITHOUT totally screwing up the module?

Is there another easier way to display a message in the Payment Information box when the PayPal IPN module has been selected as a payment option?

Thankyou for anyones help

HI Guys

This is a superb contribution, my thanks to you for m aking it available

I have one question

I have it installed and it works fine, but the item name doesn't "pass" to PAYPAL, so the item just appears as my Store Name without detailing the product purchased

I didn't know if this was supposed to be like this (of course the customer knows what they have purchased and they can check into the store to see the details). but does it make sense to expect paypal to list the item details?

I was wondering if i had done something wrong!! :wacko:

Hi!

Wonderfull contrib!! My problem is, that the confirmation-mail - after the ipn is setting the verified status to the order - are written in a wrong language. Customers buying something "in english" receive the confirmation-mail in german language. Is there any solution available for this problem?

with the best wishes

roby

Thanks Terra . To change the order number , Should I do it by editing the Order_ID value ?
Yes - if you change the last order to a higher number, then all following orders will auto-increment from that number on. To avoid messing up a real order, I'd run through a test order yourself & change the order id on it. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Wonderfull contrib!! My problem is, that the confirmation-mail - after the ipn is setting the verified status to the order - are written in a wrong language. Customers buying something "in english" receive the confirmation-mail in german language. Is there any solution available for this problem? with the best wishes roby
Hi Roby - fix was posted on this thread not too long ago - basically you need to change this line to:

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $_GET['language'] . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS);

all the best - Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

I have it installed and it works fine, but the item name doesn't "pass" to PAYPAL, so the item just appears as my Store Name without detailing the product purchased

I didn't know if this was supposed to be like this (of course the customer knows what they have purchased and they can check into the store to see the details). but does it make sense to expect paypal to list the item details?

When 'aggregate' mode selected, there is no item detail shown at paypal page. For there is a bug in the 'per item' code, and paypal has strict rules with taxes, 'per item' mode is not recommended in the install guide. And more, when Encrypted Web Payment enabled, item details are skipped.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi Roby - fix was posted on this thread not too long ago - basically you need to change this line to:

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $_GET['language'] . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS);

all the best - Terra

Hi Terra,

thank you very much for your fast answer. I searched for a very long time through this thread, but it isn't easy to find the correct post ... sorry for asking again! :huh:

all the best - Terra

FYI, that fix doesn't take care of the order status part. I found this problem immediately after you posted the language support code for ipn.php, but decided to wait until someone bring it up.

FYI, that fix doesn't take care of the order status part. I found this problem immediately after you posted the language support code for ipn.php, but decided to wait until someone bring it up.

That is clear for me. I just wanted to fix the problem that the incorrect language-files were loadet in the ipn.php-file. Thx fyi...

Newbie alert!! :blink:

This is my first shot at setting this up (actually, setting up the whole shopping cart bit). I set up a sandbox account, and configured the IPN module, but when I go to actually "pay" I keep getting the this invoice has already been paid as part of the sandbox, even if I clear the cart and enter new items. Any pointers?

Also, I see in the install instructions that there are supposed to be entries in the sales log of "Preparing [PayPal IPN]". Where in the heck do I see these entries? The "Report" section in the Admin panel only has very minimal info. The only log files generates seems to be the parse time log. Any pointers GREATLY appreciated.

I just tried checking out as a customer without a Paypal account using the test settings for the Paypal IPN module on Paypal's sandbox. I did not click return to merchant’s website after I made the payment. I went back to my shop's admin, and the order had already updated to paid (Received IPN). I'm not able to recreate the problem you’re describing, seems to work on my end?

What version of the contribution are you using? I'm using 2.2 by Terra

Have you tried doing what I described above (Using test conditions and Paypal's sandbox)?

Do you have any other contributions installed?

sorry for being so long in replying back on this but I thought i should let you know that you were 100% right... I had somehow got stuck on the idea that this new version wasn't CCGV trad ready yet and I needed that to work. In any case your reply got me really curious and I tried it and it now works. So thank you for taking the time to reply and putting me on the right track.

also Thank you to the creator for this new update, it has removed a huge torn on my side and my apologies for not trusting it any sooner. I am sure you would have been happy to avoid my unnecessary questions.

Edited by mariemeh

Hi,

I have searched for days for a solution to my problem but no sucess, so I turn to you for help, PLEASE!!

Here's my situation:

1. I know a little PHP, enough to have several contributions working but Im not an expert at all.

2. I have my store already customized with a lot of contributions, one of these contributions is Purchase Without Account.

3. Before installing Paypal ipn, I had installed the Paypal that comes with oscommerce not knowing that I needed the ipn contribution.

4. I followed the instructions to install paypal ipn, copied the files and compared the ones where I had contributions to integrate them.

Here's the problem

5. Store works fine but when I go to the admin to install paypal ipn, after modifying the options and updating, the enable continues to be false.

6. At first I thought it was the paypal that comes with oscommerce that was installed, so I uninstalled that one and tried installing ipn again, but same thing, the enable doesn't change to true.

7. Next I checked the ipn files and mnodified them to integrate the Purchase without account contribution which changed checkout_process files to the paypal_ipn and ipn by comparing (which I hadn't done before and I dont know really if this is where the problem lies but did it anyway)... But the result is the same, can't enable the paypal ipn at the admin.

I am ready to go live with the store after a lot of work and was so happy to know that all that was left was the paypal testing, and I am stuck for several days already, could you please give me some lights on what can be happening? PLEASE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Boliviasfinest

I had the same problem. Just enable it directly in the database by setting it s value to true and it will work

Hi,

I have searched for days for a solution to my problem but no sucess, so I turn to you for help, PLEASE!!

Here's my situation:

1. I know a little PHP, enough to have several contributions working but Im not an expert at all.

2. I have my store already customized with a lot of contributions, one of these contributions is Purchase Without Account.

3. Before installing Paypal ipn, I had installed the Paypal that comes with oscommerce not knowing that I needed the ipn contribution.

4. I followed the instructions to install paypal ipn, copied the files and compared the ones where I had contributions to integrate them.

Here's the problem

5. Store works fine but when I go to the admin to install paypal ipn, after modifying the options and updating, the enable continues to be false.

6. At first I thought it was the paypal that comes with oscommerce that was installed, so I uninstalled that one and tried installing ipn again, but same thing, the enable doesn't change to true.

7. Next I checked the ipn files and mnodified them to integrate the Purchase without account contribution which changed checkout_process files to the paypal_ipn and ipn by comparing (which I hadn't done before and I dont know really if this is where the problem lies but did it anyway)... But the result is the same, can't enable the paypal ipn at the admin.

I am ready to go live with the store after a lot of work and was so happy to know that all that was left was the paypal testing, and I am stuck for several days already, could you please give me some lights on what can be happening? PLEASE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

Boliviasfinest

I had the same problem. Just enable it directly in the database by setting it s value to true and it will work

Hi there,

Have you installed the MS2 060817 ?.

Are your other Admin settings updating ?.

Hopefully this may help.

There is an issue with the 060817 update, where Admin settings are not updated (I had the same) and I found this patch.

Although it's been posted in the STS modules, it applies even if you don't have STS installed.

Go to :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1524

Look for :

osC MS2 060817 Module Patch for STSv4.2 & 4.3

It is a simple change to the compatibility.php files (both in the catalog and admin includes/functions dirs)

Please let us know, and good luck !.

Thanks loads for the reply to my last question.

With this contribution, I want to be able to add a message to each order email that is sent out, but I see conflicting instructions with two I have tried and neither work

Here:

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...n_and_Layout/53

and here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mails&st=20

(using the Danigirl solution)

Does this contribution mean I have to do something different to add just a Basic "thanks for your message from our company" message onto each email?

Not sure if its the contribution which I have to alter in some way

Thanks for any solution!

Not sure if i explained myself properly in the last post:

i tried the first solution of just adding something to catalog/checkoutprocess.php

and that didn't work

Then i tried the Danigirl solution of changing BOTH the catalog/checkoutprocess.php and languages/english/checkoutprocess.php

and that didn't work either

hope thats clearer! Sorry :unsure:

I am using aggregate to pass on the order details to Paypal, but this tells nothing of what the customer bought. I would be happy if I could change the Item/Product description passed to paypal from "MyStoreName" to "MyStoreName Order no. ####"

Any idea how to do that?

Any ideas on my question guys above?

This module bypasses checkout_process.php there for the changes you made in that file won't work. You need to duplicate the changes in checkout_process.php to paypal_ipn.php and ipn.php. Since the changes are regarding the email, they should be coded into ipn.php if you're using v2.2.