• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

All those references to SSL, when I don't have SSL enabled. Especially the 'return'.

As long as your configure file is correct (SSL disabled) you don't have anything to worry. Check out the function tep_href_link in /includes/functions/html_output.php:

<snip>
} elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {
  if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {
	$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;
  } else {
	$link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;
  }
<snip>

if the link is SSL then it checks your configure settings. Unless you have wrongly enabled ssl in your configure file, the link should correctly link to the non-ssl page.

all the best - Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Given also that cURL is enabled, it's puzzling.

Well, in this case, I would suggest you to try hardcode the notify_url by changing the line:

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php', '', 'SSL', false, false);

to:

$parameters['notify_url'] = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG . 'ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php';

and make sure your ipn.php and all the path name is in lower case.

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

anyway i have set up all the details required in the admin and enabled it, but it is not showing as an option to use to pay via paypal

set zone to none.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hi Terra

Under the code snippet in html_output.php I added a line to echo the value of $link.

The output is numerous, but every one is the root address of my web site starting http:// (no 's').

So that idea checks out...

Any other thoughts...? :)

Hi Alex

I tried hardcoding the notify_url.

The result is exactly the same -- no worse, but no better -- the status never changes from 'Preparing [PayPal IPN]'.

ipn.php and all of the path is lower case.

Hi Alex

The result is exactly the same -- no worse, but no better -- the status never changes from 'Preparing [PayPal IPN]'.

Hi Alex

I put this in as a new topic by mistake so I am repeating it here where it should have been put in the first place.

When I first tried to check out using the original PayPal module with IE 7 I could not get past the screen that gave you the graphic with a code to type in. It kept saying I typed in the wrong code. I called Paypal support and they told me to use FireFox. I did and it worked. Then after a while it started working with IE 7 to. Recently I switched to the IPN module and that works fine for me but one of my friends tried to check out with I.E. 7 and hit the same problem.

Is anyone else seen this issue and have any ideas on how to resolve it?

I am using the PayPal IPN module for a product I am selling exclusively through download. With the IPN module if the user does not complete the transaction but goes past the page where you select the payment module (Only the IPN module is available) then the user can do the download. Any way I can prevent this until they get to the point where the item leaves the checkout basket?

I am ready to try to integrate version 2.2 with CCGV and was hoping someone could give me some direction. i am ok with php and getting better everyday. I have seen terras code. (below). there is one line that goes into ipn.php which requires order_total_modules, which is not used. Any and all tips would be great. I have done almost zero work with module and am not quite sure what exactly is going on.

lildog

mmh - I haven't tested this yet, but I think your problem is the ipn.php file.

Within paypal_ipn.php

Find this code:

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);

$order_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

and below add this:

$order_total_modules->update_credit_account($i);// CCGV

find this code:

tep_session_unregister('cart_PayPal_IPN_ID');

and below add this:

CODE

if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');// CCGV

$order_total_modules->clear_posts();// CCGV

The problem however is the ipn.php as the code for CCGV works with $order_total_modules

$order_total_modules->apply_credit();// CCGV

.. which doesn't exist in the ipn.php file.

It's quite late here in the UK so I don't have a solution but I will have to do this as I've got customer sites to update and I will post the solution

once available.

We'll either have to re-create $order_total_modules or do this differently. All the best - Terra

OK so I have looke dat this and hope someone can answer a more specific question. in CCGV does

$order_total_modules->apply_credit();// CCGV

just update the amount left in the account gV balance by the amount of the order? If not which apply credit function does it call? there are three one in classes/order total and in module for coupons and in module for vouchers. It seems to be an easy fix, too easy. I feel like i have missed something.

thanks

lildog

I just installed 2.2 from Terra on the oscommerce contributions page. I did have PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN installed; I completely removed it. I installed this paypal contrib per the instructions. I'm not sure if i've missed something or what, but all orders stay at 'Preparing [PayPal IPN]' status. None of the orders have any comments saying payment received. It's like the IPN (or however this contrib works) is not being received. I've had over 45 orders with this symptom. I do receive payment in paypal. I've tried setting paypal IPN to on and off in my paypal profile (And setting the correct path) doesn't help. Never receive any debug e-mails as set in paypal IPN configuration.

PayPal IPN 

Enable PayPal IPN Module
True

Gateway Server
Live

E-Mail Address
---My paypal e-mail-----

Sort order of display.

Transaction Currency
Only USD

Payment Zone
--none--

Force shipping address?
True

Set Preparing Order Status
Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status
Pending

Set PayPal Completed Order Status
Paid

Transaction Type
Aggregate

Move tax to total amount
True

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address
----My E-mail-------

Enable Encrypted Web Payments
False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory
tmp/

OpenSSL Location
/usr/bin/openssl

What should I try next? I'm really good with PHP, so you can respond in technical terms. I'm setting up a sandbox account on paypal, but would that really help?

Thanks.

Hi Dr Weird

I have the same problem.

Terra and AlexStudio have been making various suggestions, but so far nothing has worked.

Perhaps one of their ideas will work for you.

My first post on this is

(click on the back facing arrow)

Like you I'm not using SSL. My host is 1&1 in the UK.

If ya solve it, please post back your solution.

Good Luck

Al

I just installed 2.2 from Terra on the oscommerce contributions page. I did have PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN installed; I completely removed it. I installed this paypal contrib per the instructions. I'm not sure if i've missed something or what, but all orders stay at 'Preparing [PayPal IPN]' status. None of the orders have any comments saying payment received. It's like the IPN (or however this contrib works) is not being received. I've had over 45 orders with this symptom. I do receive payment in paypal. I've tried setting paypal IPN to on and off in my paypal profile (And

Thanks.

I apologize in advance if this question turns out to be obvious but thought it better to ask anyway... just in case... since part of your orders through Paypal are coming in ok and some are not...

in your Paypal payment receiving settings in your Profile... did you set it to accept credit card payments from users that don't have a Paypal account?

I have many many orders that remain stuck on Preparing Paypal IPN... and they have one thing in common... they are all from "don't have a paypal account" credit card payments... and that fact is that the way Paypal has set their last screen... they have this big message on the screen that offer the customer to join Paypal... and that the very very bottom on the left... meaning a person would actually have to scroll down to see... there is this tiny link to return to the shopping cart... people don't see it... they just close the screen and think all is well but becasue they don't return to the shopping cart, on our side it shows as Preparing Paypal IPN...

could this be it?

Found the problem (In my case, I'm sure it's isolated to just me.)

Let me state my problem more clearly;

- No orders from paypal were updating in my system.

- I was receiving payment in paypal.

- Orders were not being updated with comments from the paypal IPN.

My problem is I am using http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2873 OSC Advanced Cache Class to cache different parts of my web sites. In the cache class there were fopen commands being executed without properly checking if the file existed, and when ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php was called, the cache class (which is included via application_top.php) was trying to open files without checking to see if it was working in the correct directory. After I modified the cache.class.php everything went fine, and the orders are now updating after payment is received.

If it help anyone else, I'm also running the Multi-Stores contrib.

I have many many orders that remain stuck on Preparing Paypal IPN... and they have one thing in common... they are all from "don't have a paypal account" credit card payments... and that fact is that the way Paypal has set their last screen... they have this big message on the screen that offer the customer to join Paypal... and that the very very bottom on the left... meaning a person would actually have to scroll down to see... there is this tiny link to return to the shopping cart... people don't see it... they just close the screen and think all is well but becasue they don't return to the shopping cart, on our side it shows as Preparing Paypal IPN...

could this be it?

I would start by looking through the PayPal developer docs. That doesn't seem like a likely problem for the contrib., but more along the lines of Paypal not sending an IPN for those non-Paypal account orders. If you receive Debug e-mails for those orders, it voids what i just said. From what I understand, Paypal sends an IPN regardless if the customer returns to your site.

From what I understand, Paypal sends an IPN regardless if the customer returns to your site.

well then if Paypal sends an IPN no matter if the customer returns to the site... there is something that happens in the site that because the customer isn't returning to the site... the status remains at Preparing Paypal IPN and the stock inventory isn't affected either... it is affected only when the order fully completes... or at least it's my understanding of it so far.

but judging from what I've read on this thread... (because I've read it from the first post to the last.. yep I'm that desperate :rolleyes: ) it appears that this is happening only with Paypal and only when it's a non Paypal member not returning to the site.

I have been looking into creating a graphic that would include 4 thumbnails of the 4 pages the customer sees when they are using that option... with a little blow up of what they need to look for on each... it would be presented to the customer as a "here let me help you do this faster" but in reality it would ensure that the customer has a visual of what to look for and actually returns to the site..

I am trying to find a way to create a sort of a pop up that would open only when the customer selects the credit card or paypal payment method and just prior to crossing over to the Paypal site... I wanted a pop up, for it to stay open while the customer goes through the payment screens to be able to refer back to the graphic if they need but I am way too green at coding... so I haven't succeeded yet.

I just tried checking out as a customer without a Paypal account using the test settings for the Paypal IPN module on Paypal's sandbox. I did not click return to merchant’s website after I made the payment. I went back to my shop's admin, and the order had already updated to paid (Received IPN). I'm not able to recreate the problem you’re describing, seems to work on my end?

What version of the contribution are you using? I'm using 2.2 by Terra

Have you tried doing what I described above (Using test conditions and Paypal's sandbox)?

Do you have any other contributions installed?

Would it be easier to provide a link for customers to subscribe to paypal before the checkout process? Granted it will slow the first transaction down but... you could certainly express the long term possitive affects of joining as a future benny to all of their online purchases? I thought this might prove less stressful than having to develope a hand holding program of your own? Just a thought :)

My only remaining problem is from what I can see just about everybody else's problem is how to ensure that the customer comes back to the shopping cart when they don't have a Paypal account.

The problem is that Paypal put a tiny link at the very bottom of the last page. Their come and join us sort of message is so big across the page that it won't cross the customer's mind for one second to scroll down the page to find that tiny link to go back to the cart so they just close the window.

I've found this contribution which I htink could help because we would be alerting the customer right before they would get to Paypal:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4737 (I don't know if I am allowed to post the code here)

it is supposed to work with the original paypal module... but looking at it I thought if I could just make this work with paypal ipn... I would want to make this popup appear and change the appearance of it. Insert thumbnails of the Paypal pages with a blow up of hte part that really matters to us and tell the customer... watch for this... you HAVE to go click there and return here. I'd be glad to share the graphic once it's done but I need to make the code in the contrib 4737 work with paypal_ipn for it to work. I've already tried replacing "paypal" by "paypal_ipn" and I am probably not good enough and it didn't work.

Note that I would be replacing the text and shorthen it and replace with visuals if I can make it work.

Can anyone help me with making the code work?

I just tried checking out as a customer without a Paypal account using the test settings for the Paypal IPN module on Paypal's sandbox. I did not click return to merchant’s website after I made the payment. I went back to my shop's admin, and the order had already updated to paid (Received IPN). I'm not able to recreate the problem you’re describing, seems to work on my end?

What version of the contribution are you using? I'm using 2.2 by Terra

Have you tried doing what I described above (Using test conditions and Paypal's sandbox)?

Do you have any other contributions installed?

now that's one thing I've overlooked... I saw there was an upgrade but when I kept on reading here the posts after the upgrade I was under the impression that the problem was still there... and since the version I have now is otherwise 100% working, I didn't want to chance it.

do you have CCGV trad on your site as well? does your credit voucher balance updates even if the customer doesn't come back to the cart?

Would it be easier to provide a link for customers to subscribe to paypal before the checkout process? Granted it will slow the first transaction down but... you could certainly express the long term possitive affects of joining as a future benny to all of their online purchases? I thought this might prove less stressful than having to develope a hand holding program of your own? Just a thought

Unfortunately, my clientele is 50-50 on the subject... and the 50 that don't want to deal with Paypal... really doesn't want to deal with Paypal and no amount of explaining will make them change their mind. :huh:

I'm using this great contribution and it is working very well.

I just have two problems,

1 - When users select to pay with paypal ipn, orders get duplicated, for what I have read on google, its because when the user returns to the store after paypal payment, the order is created a second time and stays with status "preparing paypal ipn".

2 - I don't receive the order comments on the order email, i guess this is because the order comment is on a database fied that is not included on the first costumer notification.

If anyone has a fix for this, I'll apreciate, I'm now using the old paypal module again.

Using the latest IPN V 2.2

When a customer goes through the checkout process with paypal ipn when they leave our site and go to paypals site if they click the arrow back (IE) the order shows up in admin-->Customers-->orders.

Then we have to go through extra steps to see if the items were actually paid for or not.

Is there any way to keep this from happening?

Thanks

Edited by paq1200

When a customer goes through the checkout process with paypal ipn when they leave our site and go to paypals site if they click the arrow back (IE) the order shows up in admin-->Customers-->orders.

Then we have to go through extra steps to see if the items were actually paid for or not.

Is there any way to keep this from happening?

Thanks

The order should has been created before the customer goes to PayPal page. It is the key feature of this payment module, to prevent losing orders if the customer doesn't come back after paying at PayPal.