• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

i am successfully running OSC v2.2 RC2 and my paypal module suddenly quit adding the shipping charge to the total at checkout. at this point i don't have a SSL certificate, which is part of the reason why i'm using paypal, and i'm not aversed to getting one, but i'm trying to keep my costs down, which is another reason why i have neglected it.

i'm wondering if anyone in this forum could help me fix whatever problems are occurring to cause this to happen.

⇑ Hybrid Elephant ⇒ http://www.hybridelephant.com/ ⇐ The World's Finest Exotic Incense ⇓

Hello,

First of all I want to say Thank you for this great contribution (beside the great oscommerce shop as a whole).

Second, I have a question.

I changed my version of oscommerce, so that the user can change the comment on the confirmation page and so that the user has to check two boxes to accept the shop-conditions (AGB) and the privacy statement.

If I use PayPal as payment module - the user will be send direct to the PayPal site and I have no possibility to check the values of the shop-conditions and the privacy statement.

Is there any other solution except I move the checks (Privacy and condition) to the payment site?

Thanks for helping.

Anathema

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I installed the latest version of PayPal IPN.

At the moment I'm testing it on the sandbox.

Everything goes fine until the moment I have to login with my test account.

After login I get this error: You have requested an outdated version of PayPal.

Any ideas what's causing this?

I just want to test it before I go live with it. :P

Hi, I installed the latest version of PayPal IPN.

At the moment I'm testing it on the sandbox.

Everything goes fine until the moment I have to login with my test account.

After login I get this error: You have requested an outdated version of PayPal.

Any ideas what's causing this?

I just want to test it before I go live with it. :P

Ok, this problem is solved!

I used a UK test account and that seems to be the problem.

I made a new test account from France and now everything works.

• 3 weeks later...

Paypal has just made some changes to their IPN system and now all orders received using this payment module come as invalid [COMPLETED], no stock is updated and no email is sent.

Does anyone know how to revise the module to handle the new Paypal IPN?

Paypal has just made some changes to their IPN system and now all orders received using this payment module come as invalid [COMPLETED], no stock is updated and no email is sent.

Does anyone know how to revise the module to handle the new Paypal IPN?

PayPal is saying that IPN is broken and they are going to fix it. It's not an API change. Something happened that PayPal is broken and needs fixed.

Always back up before making changes.

PayPal is saying that IPN is broken and they are going to fix it. It's not an API change. Something happened that PayPal is broken and needs fixed.

Yes, Matt, you are correct.

These Paypal programmers are a bunch of amateurs for rolling our such big changes without thoroughly beta-testing them... :(

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm using the Paypal IPN 2.3.4.7. I think I installed in correctly, but when I get to the paypal page, it shows a zero total and asks for an amount to be entered. Has anyone else encountered this issue and is there a fix? Basically, what am I doing wrong?

Hi

I see lots of folk saying how easy it is to install this module. However, I cannot see instructions on how to do this.

So how do you install this module?

Module installation is easy.

its basically the configuration part thru admin and on Paypal profile that should sync.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

A very easy question which has probably been asked and answered over and over but I can't find the answer. I am using Paypal 1.3 with MS2.2 and all is well with the live shop. I am also upgrading to RC2.2a and PHP 5.3 which I'm using xampp, if that makes a difference. I'm hosted on a Windows server but will be moving to Linux.

There's so many versions, which one do I install? :'( I'm happy with 1.3, if it works, don't fix it, but will it work with RC2.2a?

Hope someone could answer

Thanks

Ian

Hello,

I installed Paypal IPN ver 2.3.4.7 and it's working quite fine.

However I noiced 2 problems:

1. the file ipn.php in /ext/module/payment/paypal_ipn includes the following language files

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS);

so it seems the paypal_ipn language files included in the contribution are not really used.

Does anyone notice this ? Would it be better to change this ?

2. The order notification mail made by ipn.php after receving the payment notification from Paypal is always in the default language. It seems the variable $language in ipn.php file is completely ignored. Anyone who got the same problem ?

Thanks for any help,

Nicola

In the past few days I've been getting a few of these:

Subject: PayPal IPN Invalid Process

$_POST:

test=test

$_GET:

When I check supertracker and compare timestamps, all of the failures are when this IP hits the IPN:

Which resolves to: notify.paypal.com

The PayPal IP's from the 60.x.x.x.... all are successful and don't result in any failed IPN emails. Is this normal?

In the past few days I've been getting a few of these:

When I check supertracker and compare timestamps, all of the failures are when this IP hits the IPN:

Which resolves to: notify.paypal.com

The PayPal IP's from the 60.x.x.x.... all are successful and don't result in any failed IPN emails. Is this normal?

I also get the following email since the last couple of days: (same IP)

------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Transaction Type

An unknown transaction () occurred from 216.113.168.128

Are you running any tests?

PayPal Response

I had a couple of transactions that failed, but can't be positive it's related

anybody else?

I also get the following email since the last couple of days: (same IP)

I had a couple of transactions that failed, but can't be positive it's related

anybody else?

I received 2 emails this week with this:

$HTTP_POST_VARS:

test=test

$HTTP_GET_VARS:

got another hit from the same ip today.

i'm almost tempted to block it. it obviously isn't doing anything useful other than testing my ipn.

does anyone know if paypal uses this ip for anything LEGITIMATE related to ipn?

Hi,

First, thank you for the great contribution.

I just have one question. The email confirmation is only in one language (for me, in french).

I see include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS); but it seems it consider ever $language = "french" .... why ?

Thank you for your help

I received 2 emails this week with this:

$HTTP_POST_VARS:

test=test

$HTTP_GET_VARS:

After a phone call to Paypal, an alleged senior IT person told me that there was an known issue with IPN lately but that it had been fixed. Obvioulsly not :-)

It doesn't seem to affect our PayPal orders though. We received a couple of these in the last week, that's it.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been struggling with this for hours now... It seems that every time I think I have found a fix (after perusing thousands of messages!), it doesn't work.

Ok, the problem is this: when I return from paypal after confirming the order, my shopping cart still shows the order. This is making people think that there order hasn't gone through, and the item is "Out of Stock" now.

However, The order is properly processed (inv reduced, email sent, IPN results ok) - but the cart is not emptied. And yes, I do return to my cart from paypal, so that is not it...

As for other problems I have encountered, we are also NOT getting the discount applied (paypal_IPN sends amount before discount, even though it shows the discount applied in checkout_confirmation.php page). I'm sure that these problems are probably related.

So, to sum up: how do I get the shopping cart to empty after a successful purchase?

Bryce

Hi,

I've got somme pb, my order come back with the status 'PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]'

I followed the checks to be made, but nothing.

I'm under PHP Version 4.4.3-dev - libcurl/7.18.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8g zlib/1.2.3.3 libidn/1.1 - osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC1 W3C Valid FR - PayPal IPN v2.3.4.6

Thanks for your help !