• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Hi

installed the module

on a previous version by some1 else there was an add shipping cost option , in this version there isnt1

my problem is on the order screen shipping cost is shown , but when you go to the paypal screen its disapeared

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

thx

jeff

Hi,

I've a Paypal IPN contrib,I don't find the file where is stored the text of payment sent via email(sorry for my english)

Now in every email confirmatio order I receive :

Payment

------------------------------------------------------

PayPal

I wanna to change to :

Payment

Credit Card

In what file is it stored ??

10x

Hi,

I've a Paypal IPN contrib,I don't find the file where is stored the text of payment sent via email(sorry for my english)

Now in every email confirmatio order I receive  :

Payment

PayPal

I wanna to change to :

Payment

Credit Card

In what file is it stored  ??

10x

The email is handled by catalog/checkout_process.php and the language specific define's you will find under catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php

There you can change to some extent what is written inside the email to the customer. The part you want to change however is taken from the title of the payment module so to change that you will have to edit the catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

The edit has to be done for every language your shop uses.

HTH

in the catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

I see only :

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_TEXT_TITLE', 'PayPal (Credit Card / Debit)');

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_TEXT_DESCRIPTION', 'PayPal IPN');

I tried to change it without result! :(

I also see "Paypal" text in the invoice stamp.

:'(

I did what you suggested for to do, but am still having ths same problem. exactly the same error.

To what path have you set your working directory now ? There still must be something wrong with your locations. Can you get the Paypal IPN to work without encryption enabled ?

Hello from the North Georgia mountains in the USA...

My volume discounts are lost when the user winds up at the PayPal site to make the payment. What shows is the order total before discounts.

I am using the Price Sensitive Discount V2.3 contribution from Ian Wilson.

The discount does appear on the Order Confirmation page (checkout_confirmation.php) and the discount does work for my other payment option (2Checkout) and previously worked for PayPal via an earlier IPN contribution whcih has been removed.

This discount module was an incredibly easy install with no hacking and just two added files, and the discount kind of appeared automatically during the Order Confirmation which I understand is as designed, so I am puzzled why it is not appearing for the new PayPal IPN module.

Steve

To what path have you set your working directory now ? There still must be something wrong with your locations. Can you get the Paypal IPN to work without encryption enabled ?

It works perfertly with encryption disable.

I created two folders

1. Tmp for temporary directory - /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp

2. SSL storing holding the pem files - /home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl

It works perfertly with encryption disable. 

I created two folders

1.  Tmp for temporary directory - /home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp

2. SSL storing holding the pem files - /home/wwwsites/Username/www/ssl

Given you have chmod the directories correctly this looks okay to me.

The only difference I see compared to my setup is that I have a '/' at the end of the working directory path.

So in the Paypap IPN setup you should try for working directory:

/home/wwwsites/Username/www/tmp/

and see if that makes the difference otherwise I am stumped and wouldn't know where o where the problem still is.

Right i have the situation where the cart contents, total, postage are passed to paypal sandbox and the order progresses nicely however when it is completed and i click "return to Merchant" i get the following error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/********/public_html/gallery/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/********/public_html/gallery/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

The order goes through and the admin section is updated once the payment goes through but no stock its deducted.

Anyone got any ideas where i am going wrong? :(

I've had this installed and working for quite a while now. In that whole time I've never seen an On Hold message. In this last week, I've gotten 5 orders with an On Hold status but no entry on PayPal. Nothing has changed in my setup. Has anyone seen this or happen to know what it means?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello everyone,

I've just installed PayPal IPN v1.1 but am kind of lost on a few things. I'm hoping one of you will help me out here. My hosting uses a shared SSL, I have read the instructions given with the PP IPN and have searched the forums but haven't had any luck. With that said heres what I'm lost on:

Gateway Server

Live (I'm assuming this needs to be live?)

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

True (I'm assuming this needs to be set to true to use the SSL?)

Your Private Key

(Where in My PayPal account do I obtain this if needed?)

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl (Should this be set to the shared SSL location that I used for the set up of the shop? For example..https//mydomain.com/~name)

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello everyone,

I've just installed PayPal IPN v1.1 but am kind of lost on a few things. I'm hoping one of you will help me out here. My hosting uses a shared SSL, I have read the instructions given with the PP IPN and have searched the forums but haven't had any luck. With that said heres what I'm lost on:

Gateway Server

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

True (I'm assuming this needs to be set to true to use the SSL?)

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl (Should this be set to the shared SSL location that I used for the set up of the shop? For example..https//mydomain.com/~name)

Can someone please help me out?

Thanks,

Mark

Go to page 7 from this thread and most of your questions will be answered and a few others are clearly explained inside the installation file with this contribution !

As for a few of your questions:

Gateway Server

This needs to be Live when you have it all working properly and are using it in your live shop. Before that leave it at Testing so you can test it through the Paypal Sandbox server.

Working Directory

This has nothing to do with Paypal. It is a directory on your own server where temporary files can be stored (just like you use for the osC caching/session temporary directory).

OpenSSL Location

Normally you can leave this as it is. It is an application provided by your host and has nothing to do with your shared SSL. If your host has installed this to another location you will have to ask them what the location is. If they haven't installed it at all you have a problem (this you can check through Admin->Tools->Server Info).

Be aware that the osC Paypal IPN encrypted web payments option stands seperate from your own (shared) SSL. It is meant to encrypt your osC order details during the 1 second or less when the customer leaves your site (with your SSL protection) and going to the Paypal payment pages (protected by the Paypal SSL). During that short moment the order details from your shop are vulnerable and that's where the osC Paypal IPN encrypted web payments option comes into play.

HTH

My volume discounts are lost when the user winds up at the PayPal site to make the payment. What shows is the order total before discounts.

I am using the Price Sensitive Discount V2.3 contribution from Ian Wilson.

The discount does appear on the Order Confirmation page (checkout_confirmation.php) and the discount does work for my other payment option (2Checkout) and previously worked for PayPal via an earlier IPN contribution whcih has been removed.

This discount module was an incredibly easy install with no hacking and just two added files, and the discount kind of appeared automatically during the Order Confirmation which I understand is as designed, so I am puzzled why it is not appearing for the new PayPal IPN module.

Please don't slam me for this question, but could someone tell me which of the files I download to install this mod on a US based store?

So far I've downloaded most of them, yet each is named differently so it really is hard for a newbie who hasn't worked with OSC in over a year to figure out.

Thank You,

Betty

Right i have the situation where the cart contents, total, postage are passed to paypal sandbox and the order progresses nicely however when it is completed and i click "return to Merchant" i get the following error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/********/public_html/gallery/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/********/public_html/gallery/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

The order goes through and the admin section is updated once the payment goes through but no stock its deducted.

Anyone got any ideas where i am going wrong?  :(

Is it that im dont have a SSL certificate? :blink:

I just installed this contrib and am getting these errors when I go to Admin > Configuration > Modules > Payments

Warning: main(/home/lupid/public_html/marketplace/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lupid/public_html/marketplace/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(/home/lupid/public_html/marketplace/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lupid/public_html/marketplace/admin/modules.php on line 128

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/home/lupid/public_html/marketplace/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/lupid/public_html/marketplace/admin/modules.php on line 128

I followed the instructions in the contrib zipped file and placed all the php files in the directory structure in my oscommerce catalog.

PLEASE someone help. :'(

hi

upgraded to this module from a previous version by a diffrent author , its working fine . the only thing i miss is the order number in the email from the store

it used to send an email with the - subject NEW - Order Process #894

now all i get is - Order Process

as i drop shipp all my orders having the order number in the email makes it easy to track the orders

can any1 post the code and where i need to put it

thx

i miss is the order number in the email from the store

now all i get is  - Order Process

same problem here, I took a quick look at the code, but i haven't found out how to fix this yet :(

hi

upgraded to this module from a previous version by a diffrent author , its working fine . the only thing i miss is the order number in the email from the store

now all i get is  - Order Process 

as i drop shipp all my orders having the order number in the email makes it easy to track the orders

can any1 post the code and where i need to put it

thx

In the contribution section there is a mod for adding order number to emails. Just apply this to the paypal_ipn file and you're golden. You may need to adjust slightly for the paypal mod, but if you know a bit of php you should be fine.

Good luck.

:blush: I didn't read well, was looking for something different than jeff.keeling after all

I was hoping it was possible to ad the order nr to the PayPal e-mails, currently I get "Item # - Notification of Payment Received from ..." in the subject or just "Notification of payment received".

It seems that at least the the e-mails with the "Item #" could have the order number included in the subject.?

:huh:

Hi all!

I have same problems with the contrib margin report 2.56 both paypal IPN 3.0a.

The contrib work perfect with all kind of payment modules excluding Paypal.

For all orders made via paypal the "cost" of the products ordered will not be pass in the table:

Example

Order ID Items Tot sells Cost Income

1647 1 35.90EUR 0.00EUR 35.90EUR Paid via Paypal

1648 2 122.70EUR 0.00EUR 122.70EUR Paid via Paypal

1649 22 297.05EUR 114.60EUR 182.45EUR Not Paid via Paypal

1650 2 20.99EUR 10.00EUR 10.99EUR Not Paid via Paypal

Can you help me?

Thank You ,Marco