• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

I can help you with the Sandbox. It's pretty simple actually. You create free account at https://developer.paypal.com

Then with the free account you use the sandbox tool to make your own little paypal. There you will make a business account that is exactly like your real paypal business account and a personal account to test the site with. Keep in mind all the e-mails for those fake sandbox accounts will just go to the e-mail section of your

https://developer.paypal.com.

To run the sandbox account for testing make sure your admin for Paypal IPN of your store is set to 'testing' and the e-mail address is the same and the fake business e-mail address in your sandbox. and that you are logged in to https://developer.paypal.com.

Then it should test fine.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Vance

PS - I still also have the same problem of the status not updating from 'processing IPN' after payment, so if you (or anyone else) figure that out let me know!

I uploaded a complete file package of V1.4 .

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

The install_guide of V1.4 is the same as V1.3.

I had installed v1.3 which was simple enough to use but hadn't noticed the orders accumulating from the same customer if they returned to the store from paypal without completing the checkout. After a client I installed it for told me I was about to attempt to find a solution when I saw widfjf's 1.4 update.

After a brief test of this update I noticed straight away that the multiple orders in admin issues (which was created by to-ing and fro-ing between the checkout and paypal's site while having contents still in the cart) has been resolved....

... now adding and minusing items from the cart actually auto updates in admin/orders and there are no phantom or multiple orders - thanks for sorting that out windfjf

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi all,

i installed the paypal ipn module and in my admin/modules/payments area i get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal_ipn in ...[path.. /includes/mudules/payments/paypal ipn line 14

where the class is declared

i'm very new to php so it doen't mean much to me

any help is greatly appreciated

thanks

jose

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class paypal_ipn in ...[path.. /includes/mudules/payments/paypal ipn line 14

have you added the ext folder where it is supposed to go?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi

i have installed this contribution. i have no idea why but it doesnt show on the payment list.

all i have is:

"This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

Credit Card"

the paypal ipn doesnt even show. im am a bit worried about this.

any help would be much appreciated

thank you.

have you added the ext folder where it is supposed to go?

yes, te ext dir is there

i noticed that one of the files (i think the one in modules/payments/... didn't have any permissions set, si i gave it the same persmissions as paypal.php

still get the same error though

Hi

i have installed this contribution. i have no idea why but it doesnt show on the payment list.

all i have is:

"This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.

Credit Card"

the paypal ipn doesnt even show. im am a bit worried about this.

any help would be much appreciated

thank you.

have you been to admin/modules and payment?? have you then installed the paypal ipn or other payment modules??

CHOOCH

Hello,

Is what a charitable heart would be able to make a function in order to recover all the fees of paypal and being able to resortir them by ?year, month, week?. I test hopelessly of me helps of ?stats_sales_report2.php? but I cannot make!

I'm still working on this Zero price being sent to PayPal for a customer.

What I have found is that the IPN script is looking for the value in orders_products final_price which is sends off to PayPal.

Fair enough.

The database here has stopped writing to that field a long time ago -

- I'm wondering if I can just substitue orders_totals final_price as that value is still being written??

If anybody can comment on that fo rme I'll go looking and see what contribution may have killed off the value (or is there a setting in Admin??)

Graeme

What I have found is that the IPN script is looking for the value in orders_products final_price which is sends off to PayPal.

Wrong again - that field gets updated AFTER a checkout is completed e.g. if I buy by cheque then it works.

So that's not my problem

Graeme

Hello,

Is what a charitable heart would be able to make a function in order to recover all the fees of paypal and being able to resortir them by ?year, month, week?. I test hopelessly of me helps of ?stats_sales_report2.php? but I cannot make!

very easy to do: in a new browser window, type: paypal.com, and login :-)

then click on the tab "my account" then the link "history", then - in the left navigation "Download my History"

you will then download a tab/delimited file with all paypal data, including the fees.

Having this in Oscommerce would be liek reinventing the wheel to me ...

Edited by pixclinic

It stoped sending order confirmation emails

I installed ot_discount_coupon_codes_2.1

Change catalog/checkout_process.php

as this

line 166

after

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $insert_id,

'orders_status_id' => $order->info['order_status'],

'date_added' => 'now()',

'customer_notified' => $customer_notification,

'comments' => $order->info['comments']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

add

//kgt - discount coupons

if( tep_session_is_registered( 'coupon' ) && $order->info['coupon'] != '' ) {

$sql_data_array = array( 'coupons_id' => $order->info['coupon'],

'orders_id' => $insert_id );

tep_db_perform( TABLE_DISCOUNT_COUPONS_TO_ORDERS, $sql_data_array );

}

//end kgt - discount coupons

line 276

after

// unregister session variables used during checkout

tep_session_unregister('sendto');

tep_session_unregister('billto');

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

tep_session_unregister('payment');

tep_session_unregister('comments');

add

//kgt - discount coupons

tep_session_unregister('coupon');

//end kgt - discount coupons

It stoped sending order confirmation emails

my understanding is that your store will only send the order confirmation emails once checkout process>>success is achieved.

So, even though order is updated to default status in admin via the IPN and the paypal emails are sent to the sender/receiver from paypal - the order email to the customer isn't.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

my understanding is that your store will only send the order confirmation emails once checkout process>>success is achieved.

So, even though order is updated to default status in admin via the IPN and the paypal emails are sent to the sender/receiver from paypal - the order email to the customer isn't.

thank you for your help.

before it send order emails. now it totally stoped. and also my stock level does not subtract anymore.

what files should I look at?

thank you for your help.

before it send order emails. now it totally stoped. and also my stock level does not subtract anymore.

what files should I look at?

i don't know what stock level contributions you have added to your store?

for peace of mind, use paypal (not ipn) to make a test transaction and keep an eye on your stock levels to see if they reduce per transaction first, then post back here.

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I am currently working on my first oscommerce install. I am currently using the paypal_ipn module. I am also currently running into this exact same issue. When my customer gets redirected to paypal there is one item which is being "purchased" for a total of $0. It makes me glad to hear that I am not the very first person to run into this issue.

As a result I am curious to know if you have come across a resolution or if anyone else has for that matter.

Hello, I'm getting an error and I'm just plain stumped... any ideas?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where date_format(store_history_date, '%Y%m%d') = date_format(

update store_history set amount_orders = amount_orders + 1, amount_products = amount_products+1, orders_price=orders_price+ where date_format(store_history_date, '%Y%m%d') = date_format(now(), '%Y%m%d')

[TEP STOP]

Thanks!

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

Hi All.

I have just installed the new release of the Paypal ipn module "osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v1.4"

have this problem, when you click to pay with paypal the cart amount is not transferred to paypal, its just $0. Has anyone a solution to this please. :'(

Hi All.

I have just installed the new release of the Paypal ipn module "osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v1.4"

have this problem, when you click to pay with paypal the cart amount is not transferred to paypal, its just $0. Has anyone a solution to this please. :'(

Hi All.

Hello, I'm getting an error and I'm just plain stumped... any ideas?

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'where date_format(store_history_date, '%Y%m%d') = date_format(

update store_history set amount_orders = amount_orders + 1, amount_products = amount_products+1, orders_price=orders_price+ where date_format(store_history_date, '%Y%m%d') = date_format(now(), '%Y%m%d')

[TEP STOP]

Thanks!

Scott

I can't see what that has to do with paypal IPN?

What other contributions did you add around the same time as IPN?

CHOOCH

I can't see what that has to do with paypal IPN?

What other contributions did you add around the same time as IPN?

I added QTPro and then Time Zone adjuster; however, then I completely removed the Time Zone adjuster. I though it might be the Time Zone adjuster, but since I removed it, it doesn't seem likely.

Also, this (the error) happens after paypal payment is completed and then it is autoreturning back to checkout_process.php... However, it ONLY happens when customers pay with Paypal, not by cash or check/money order.

thanks!

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

I added QTPro and then Time Zone adjuster; however, then I completely removed the Time Zone adjuster. I though it might be the Time Zone adjuster, but since I removed it, it doesn't seem likely.

Also, this (the error) happens after paypal payment is completed and then it is autoreturning back to checkout_process.php... However, it ONLY happens when customers pay with Paypal, not by cash or check/money order.

thanks!

Scott

and everything was working fine before then?

CHOOCH