osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Try this
SELECT *
FROM `configuration` WHERE `configuration_key` = 'MODULE_PAYMENT_INSTALLED'

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Try this
SELECT *

Before running the query I had removed both PayPal IPN modules. I just installed, from Admin, this PayPal IPN Module and re-ran the query. This time I got 18 additional matches, all starting with MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL. I tried a test purchase and again, I get both PayPal IPN modules in Checkout/Payment

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

CatDad

Can someone tell me how to remove these modules (PayPalIPN & PayPal IPN)? I have disabled and removed them in Admin/Payment Modules. I have verified the configuration table entries are gone. I've deleted the files and undone file modifications. When do a test transaction and go to Checkout/Payment, I get a blank screen and these errors in my log file...

[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include(includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypalipn.php) [<a href='function.payment-include'>function.payment-include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 59, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypalipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 59, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include(includes/modules/payment/paypalipn.php) [<a href='function.payment-include'>function.payment-include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 60, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/paypalipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 60, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Mon Jan 07 16:22:20 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'paypalipn' not found in /var/www/catalog_live/includes/classes/payment.php on line 62, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php

I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I can't find anything else to disable or remove.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

CatDad

There was a bug with PayPal server handling the parameter 'no_shipping' by the time when v2.3.x was released. The solution given by PayPal technical personal is to set 'no_shipping=2' in the button code. That's why your customers can't change the billing address at PayPal. You can try setting it with no_shipping = 0 and see if there still is any problem. Alternatively you can always send the billing address to PayPal, please search in this thread for the solution. Keep in mind that if you send billing addresses to PayPal instead of actual shipping addresses, you are not eligible for the PayPal's seller protection policy.

Thank you very much for your help. Meanwhile, I have just only changed the address_override=1 to address_override=0. Then the customer can enter any billing address and report no error. Can I use this without changing other variables such as no_shipping, etc.? Please help.

Sam

Setting parameter address_override=0 is not recommended because this PayPal IPN module can't handle shipping address edited at PayPal. By setting address_override=0 PayPal will replace the shipping address with one recorded in the customer's PayPal account, and it will cause more problems.

Let's say a customer places an order in store with shipping address to his office, but the address registered with PayPal is his home address. If you set address_override=0 in this scenario, the customer will see his home address at PayPal instead of his office.

Setting no_shipping=0 allows customers to edit shipping address at PayPal, is also problematic. If the customer changed address at PayPal, he may think you will ship the package to that edited address, but the only shipping address you have with this order is the first one.

For better address handling, please try express checkout.

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

OK, I've gotten a bit further. I restored the OSC files from a backup done just before I updated to the latest version of this mod and now Order Confirmation is working again. Problem now is, I have 2 PayPal IPN payment methods listed in Checkout/Payment and I cannot remove either one of them. Can you please tell me how to remove this module? I have removed it in Admin/Modules/Payment and I've verified the configuration table entries are gone, but this module still shows up in Checkout/Payment, and when I remove the files the Checkout/Payment page won't load. I get these errors in my log...

[Tue Jan 08 10:23:30 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include(includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php) [<a href='function.payment-include'>function.payment-include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/catalog_orig/includes/classes/payment.php on line 60, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Tue Jan 08 10:23:30 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Warning:  payment::include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /var/www/catalog_orig/includes/classes/payment.php on line 60, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php
[Tue Jan 08 10:23:30 2008] [error] [client 172.16.88.6] PHP Fatal error:  Class 'paypal_ipn' not found in /var/www/catalog_orig/includes/classes/payment.php on line 62, referer: https://secure.rlknight.com/checkout_shipping.php

What I think I need to do is remove both of the PayPal IPN modules and then install just this PayPal IPN module. Can someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

CatDad

Hi I'm using PayPal IPN v.2.3.3 and since I also have Attribute Stock Mod installed so the only issue that I am having is the attributes stock level doesn't get deducted.

I've tried to solve the issue myself and now I have narrowed down the problem by checking the difference of 2 fiiles:

1) checkout_process.php <- used by original payment module to deals w/ stock deduction

2) ipn.php <- used by IPN payment module to deals w/ stock deduction

based on running some error_log, i have found the following difference:

//checkout_process.php
error_log('$order->products[$i][id] = ' . $order->products[$i]['id']);

result: $order->products[$i][id] = 263{2}33

//ipn.php
error_log('$order->products[$i][id] = ' . $order->products[$i]['id']);

result: $order->products[$i][id] = 263

I think there's something in the IPN.php that somehow effects the $order->products[$i]['id'] info gets lost.

looks like the attribute id is missing ...

it's been more than a week that i'm struggling with this.

any help is greatly appreciated!

oscnods

Edited by oscnods

The order structure from checkout_process.php is different than from ipn.php. $order->products[$i][id] = 263{2}33 came from the $cart object stored in customer's session data, and $order->products[$i][id] = 263 came from database query. You need to add more database query to get the ordered products' attributes in ipn.php so you can deduct stock levels based on attributes.

Did you really check this one?
Try this
SELECT *

Did you really check this one?

QUOTE(AlexStudio @ Jan 8 2008, 05:19 AM) *

Try this

SQL

SELECT *

I missed that one. Running your query, I get 1 result...

moneyorder.php;authorizenet.php;echeck.php;paypalipn.php

There is no paypal_ipn.php. Maybe that's the problem? Do both PayPal IPN v0.891 and PayPal IPN v2.3.2 have the same name, ie paypalipn and not paypal_ipn? When I delete paypal_ipn.php and the other files in this contrib, I get errors indicating it's still installed, but it doesn't look installed to me.

Thanks again for your help,

CatDad

OUCH, THIS HURTS!

Ok, so my problem was resolved adding the correct file to turn on register_globals on in the ext foler set.

Now for the confusing part.

PaypalIPN works perfect.

But, there is always a but.

Now suddenly when a customer checks out with a regular credit card.....nothing. no email to them or me (this means no middle digits of the credit card).

The order shows up in Admin, but thats it. I have to call the customer and ask for their card again........

This was working flawlessly all along until I install paypal ipn.

HELP!!!!?????

The order structure from checkout_process.php is different than from ipn.php. $order->products[$i][id] = 263{2}33 came from the $cart object stored in customer's session data, and $order->products[$i][id] = 263 came from database query. You need to add more database query to get the ordered products' attributes in ipn.php so you can deduct stock levels based on attributes.

Great Alex, that's what I thought what happened!

I think I know how to add more database query to get the ordered products' attributes but I don't know how to access the session data of $order->products[$i][id] = 263{2}33, please give me some advise on this.

thanks again.

Edited by oscnods

how to access the session data of $order->products[$i][id] = 263{2}33
Customer's session data is not accessible in ipn.php because it is PayPal's accessing.

OUCH, THIS HURTS!

Ok, so my problem was resolved adding the correct file to turn on register_globals on in the ext foler set.

Now for the confusing part.

PaypalIPN works perfect.

But, there is always a but.

Now suddenly when a customer checks out with a regular credit card.....nothing. no email to them or me (this means no middle digits of the credit card).

The order shows up in Admin, but thats it. I have to call the customer and ask for their card again........

This was working flawlessly all along until I install paypal ipn.

HELP!!!!?????

Please help me with direction here! I am receiving orders and have to call each person individually. The IPN worked PERFECT for the live test run, and orders processed normally for a while as well after that (last night) today I noticed the flow of orders stopped. I logged into admin and it didnt.

I have tested with all forms of payment, the same thing.....NOTHING

Has anyone else had this problem after installing the IPN???

ok, so the session won't work,

where should I add the additional database query so that my $order->products[$i][id] = 263{2}33,

I can't find $order anywhere in the ipn.php...

do I change anything around these codes from ipn.php line 90 (especially the $order_query)?

if ($result == 'VERIFIED') {
if (isset($_POST['invoice']) && is_numeric($_POST['invoice']) && ($_POST['invoice'] > 0)) {
  $order_query = tep_db_query("select currency, currency_value from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . $_POST['invoice'] . "' and customers_id = '" . (int)$_POST['custom'] . "'");
  if (tep_db_num_rows($order_query) > 0) {
	$order_db = tep_db_fetch_array($order_query);

// let's re-create the required arrays
	require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
	$order = new order($_POST['invoice']);

pls point me to the right direction. :'(

hi,

i'm using the PayPal IPN v2.3.3 module with OSC MS2.

Everything works during the client order process.

But at the end of the process on the Paypal window (paypal website), the client clicks to finalise payment, and return on my website, i have this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/65/site113/web/boutique/catalog/includes/languages/french/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:1) in /home/.sites/65/site113/web/boutique/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

and nothing more on the webpage.

There is no confirmation page but the client receive the order confirmation by email.

The only problem is the return page error.

any idea ?

thanks a lot !

jp

Please help me with direction here! I am receiving orders and have to call each person individually. The IPN worked PERFECT for the live test run, and orders processed normally for a while as well after that (last night) today I noticed the flow of orders stopped. I logged into admin and it didnt.

I have tested with all forms of payment, the same thing.....NOTHING

Has anyone else had this problem after installing the IPN???

Lefty 78, I can't offer you any help, but I can tell you I have the same problem. It started after I upgraded to v2.3.2 of this mod. I was able to get order confirmation working by restoring from a backup (code, not database) but that introduced has another problem.

Alex, please, can you offer us any other suggestions?

Thanks,

CatDad

Hi,Was wondering if someone could help me.

I've just added this mod. It all seems to be working except when I try and see the order pages.

Then I get this error:

Error!

Unable to determine connection method on a link!

Known methods: NONSSL SSL

Function used:

tep_href_link('paypal.php', '', 'NONSSL" class="menuBoxContentLink">PayPal IPN')

Anyone got any ideas? It won't let me search for it on here as it comes up with words are 3 letters or less etc.

Thanks

I'm such a newbie that water is dripping from behind my ears. I have website at siteground. I loaded up osCommerce and selected paypal as the payment processor.

I am selling just one ebook right now. Results when testing purchase. I can add to cart....then off to paypal we go...can then pay with credit card...all goes well, then customer is returned to original product page. I have the ebook loaded in public_html/download but I can't get the file to show up anywhere so the customer can download it.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks,

Milfredo

ok, so the session won't work,

where should I add the additional database query so that my $order->products[$i][id] = 263{2}33,

I can't find $order anywhere in the ipn.php...

Alex, i've also put error log on the paypal_ipn.php and $order->products[$i][id] = 263{2}33 showed up just like checkout_process.php did. How can I transfer the data from the $order (object) either from checkout_process.php or paypal_ipn.php to ipn.php? I noticed that the query for $order has been changed on ipn.php.

I'm like one step away from ending this nightmare.

pls help.

oscnods

Edited by oscnods

See the example code in ipn.php:
// Let's get the attributes
		$products_ordered_attributes = '';
		if ( (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {
		  for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
			$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ' ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];
		  }
		}

hi,

i'm using the PayPal IPN v2.3.3 module with OSC MS2.

Everything works during the client order process.

But at the end of the process on the Paypal window (paypal website), the client clicks to finalise payment, and return on my website, i have this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/65/site113/web/boutique/catalog/includes/languages/french/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:1) in /home/.sites/65/site113/web/boutique/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

and nothing more on the webpage.

There is no confirmation page but the client receive the order confirmation by email.

The only problem is the return page error.

any idea ?

thanks a lot !

jp

no one knows about my error ?