• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

sunsetwebdesign,

This may be wrong, but, I am guessing your Admin directory is password protected. You have put your key and certificates in that directory. I am guessing they can not be accessed.

Try putting them in a folder that is not protected, but give it permissions that do not allow writing or reading. It works for me.

I have a directory in my /catalog/ directory I named /pp/. I put my PayPal related certificate files there and gave it 700 permissions.

Edited by RikR

Rik Rasmussen

Ok, figured that part out, got my Certificate ID.  But when I try to check out (live) I get the following error:

Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again.

If I hit the continue button it takes me into paypal, where the entire transaction is lost.  It is still in OsC though. 

Here is what I have in the admin panel:

I finally get this far, had my fingers crossed and now this.  What could I be doing wrong?

sunset, you said you figured out how to get your Certificate ID. How do you do it? I must be missing something obvious.

Also, something jumped out at me when looking at your listed settings in the admin, and it may be the root of your errors. You listed the following:

PayPals Public Certificate

/hshome/user/sunsettemplates.com/catalog/admin/paypal_cert_pem.txt

I believe that PayPal's public certificate has to end in .pem, so it should say "paypal_cert.pem" instead of what you listed above.

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

another thing, sunset:

Your Private Key

/hshome/user/sunsettemplates.com/catalog/admin/sunsettemplates.com.key

Your Public Certificate

/hshome/user/sunsettemplates.com/catalog/admin/sunsettemplates.com.crt

Were these 2 files something that you generated yourself via your server or otherwise? I figured out how to generate my paypal public certificate ID, but when I hit "download" after I added my ssl cert, I was given a file called cert_key_pem.txt. Should I do anything with this file? So confused.

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

another thing, sunset:

Your Private Key

/hshome/user/sunsettemplates.com/catalog/admin/sunsettemplates.com.key

Your Public Certificate

/hshome/user/sunsettemplates.com/catalog/admin/sunsettemplates.com.crt

Were these 2 files something that you generated yourself via your server or otherwise? I figured out how to generate my paypal public certificate ID, but when I hit "download" after I added my ssl cert, I was given a file called cert_key_pem.txt. Should I do anything with this file? So confused.

Read a bit on page 7 post 122 of this thread. I (tried to) explain how and where I used the different files to get it working. Given the correct settings in your Paypal account setup these should still apply. The naming of the files seems rather irrelevant, what's inside is important.

Read a bit on page 7 post 122 of this thread. I (tried to) explain how and where I used the different files to get it working. Given the correct settings in your Paypal account setup these should still apply. The naming of the files seems rather irrelevant, what's inside is important.

Wheel, I followed your post and installed and configured the osC-supplied paypal contrib. However, I am running into errors when I get to the checkout_confirmation.php page. I'll go into more specifics and list my configuration settings, as well as the error messages I'm getting, if you have time to help me figure this out. If not, no problem.

Thanks in advance!

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

My PayPal installation won't even post the correct data to the PayPal site, encryption enabled or disabled. This means that no values, or items are passed to it.

Can anyone please give me a clue as to why this isn't working? Could it be my webhost or installation? I really need this fixed :-(

Thanks

My PayPal installation won't even post the correct data to the PayPal site, encryption enabled or disabled. This means that no values, or items are passed to it.

Can anyone please give me a clue as to why this isn't working? Could it be my webhost or installation? I really need this fixed :-(

Thanks

To be clear, are you using the osC PayPal IPN module:

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Are you sending to the Live PayPal site, or the sandbox?

Keep encryption off until you get it working, then deal with the encryption.

You may need to show us your settings.

Rik Rasmussen

Ok, I'm confused... have installed the PPIPN, and tried submitting a payment, but I get the following:

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/public_html/store/temp//307009-4-data.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/username:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 366

Warning: fopen(/public_html/store/temp//307009-4-data.txt): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 366

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 367

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 368

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 399

Warning: unlink(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/public_html/store/temp//307009-4-data.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/username:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 400

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/seamer/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 402

Warning: unlink(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/public_html/store/temp//307009-4-signed.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/username:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 403

Warning: fopen(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/public_html/store/temp//307009-4-encrypted.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/username:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 405

Warning: fopen(/public_html/store/temp//307009-4-encrypted.txt): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 405

Warning: filesize(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/public_html/store/temp//307009-4-encrypted.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/username:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 406

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 406

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 407

Warning: unlink(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/public_html/store/temp//307009-4-encrypted.txt) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/username:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/username/public_html/store/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 409

With the following settings in Admin:

Enable PayPal IPN Module

Do you want to accept PayPal IPN payments?

True

E-Mail Address

The e-mail address to use for the PayPal IPN service

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

The currency to use for transactions

Selected Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

If a zone is selected, only enable this payment method for that zone.

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Set the status of prepared orders made with this payment module to this value

preparing

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Set the status of orders made with this payment module to this value

Gateway Server

Use the testing (sandbox) or live gateway server for transactions?

Testing

Transaction Type

Send individual items to PayPal or aggregate all as one total item?

Per Item

Page Style

The page style to use for the transaction procedure (defined at your PayPal Profile page)

nameofpagestyle setup at PayPal.com

Debug E-Mail Address

All parameters of an Invalid IPN notification will be sent to this email address if one is entered.

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

Do you want to enable Encrypted Web Payments?

True

Your Private Key

The location of your Private Key to use for signing the data. (*.pem)

/ssl/private/mydomain.com.key

Your Public Certificate

The location of your Public Certificate to use for signing the data. (*.pem)

/ssl/private/mydomain.com.crt

PayPals Public Certificate

The location of the PayPal Public Certificate for encrypting the data.

/ssl/certs/paypal_cert_pem.txt

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

The Certificate ID to use from your PayPal Encrypted Payment Settings Profile.

My Cert ID

Working Directory

The working directory to use for temporary files. (trailing slash needed)

/public_html/store/temp/

OpenSSL Location

The location of the openssl binary file.

/usr/bin/ssl

The isp is P4Host with the following directory structure:

On the first level

public_html

ssl

tmp

under public_html

/public_html/store...

/public_html/temp...

I know I have something set wrong, but I've spent 20+hours :angry: reading this board and "tweaking" it and I can't figure it out... Are the "key" and the "crt" file the same thing?

can someone PLEASE help??

THanks!

In this

/home/username:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp

there appears to be several problems.

That's part of the error message received from PayPal. I just tested without encryption, and that went fine. I checked the sandbox, the payment is "uncleared" by the purchaser and hasn't been received by the merchant account yet.

Are you logged into the sandbox when you are sending transactions to it? You have to be for it to work.

So, the payment module is working OK. It is apparently just an encryption set up problem.

Are you sure the error message is from PayPal? Is it appearing on a PayPal page? Or, are you still at your url when you see this? Those warnings appear to be from osC, not PayPal.

Rik Rasmussen

Rik is right, those are errors from osC. I remember I had the same error messages at first too until I changed my key and temp paths to absolute ones.

I am not sure if absolute paths are needed for the key files on every setup but it looks like the temp path is not correctly found you should start with changing that to an absolute path and see if that solves the errors and work back to change all paths to absolute ones until it works.

So instead of the working directory be /public_html/store/temp/ it should read something like /home/httpd/vhosts/domainname.com/httpdocs/tmp/ which in your case will be different of course but you get the meaning.

Wheel, I followed your post and installed and configured the osC-supplied paypal contrib. However, I am running into errors when I get to the checkout_confirmation.php page. I'll go into more specifics and list my configuration settings, as well as the error messages I'm getting, if you have time to help me figure this out. If not, no problem.

Thanks in advance!

You already got anything further with the problems you encountered ?!

To be clear, are you using the osC PayPal IPN module:

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Are you sending to the Live PayPal site, or the sandbox?

Keep encryption off until you get it working, then deal with the encryption.

You may need to show us your settings.

I am using the latest 1.1.1 file from this contrib. I have tried with both Live and Sandbox accounts with no luck. I have tried with Agregate and Per Item and both do not send the amounts, or in fact anything. The only thing that appears to get through is the email address for the account.

Currently I am working without encryption. I am really at the end of my rope, I am I am supposed to get this going within the week :-(

Are you logged into the sandbox when you are sending transactions to it? You have to be for it to work.

So, the payment module is working OK. It is apparently just an encryption set up problem.

Are you sure the error message is from PayPal? Is it appearing on a PayPal page? Or, are you still at your url when you see this? Those warnings appear to be from osC, not PayPal.

The message occurs at my url while logged in to the sandbox. I see the suggestion to use an "abosolute" path. I'm not sure what this means. :blink:

I don't know if I mentioned it before, and if I did, I apologize for the wasted bandwidth, but my site is hosted by p4host. Does anyone else have their site there and are they or did they have the same problems?

Oh, and here's a biggie that I think may be part of the problem to, how can I check to see if OpenSSL is on my server? and if it's not, how can I install it?

Thanks!

I have my commerce site, for the most part, customized to a point where I am satisfied. I'm having trouble getting the payment module set up. I have tried to install the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module with no luck. I have tried to install the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN 3.0 module with no luck. (I'm not even sure if there is a difference between these two modules. Looks like they accomplish the same thing)

What I need is someone that will lend a hand in configuring this module. If you are willing to help via Windows XP Remote Assistance, please send an email to: [email protected]

Thank you in advance!

Ronny

hello thank you for the effort it is a very clean and easy to install contribution certainly ahead of the other two paypal ipn .

but i need to have order emails to be sent when the payment is completed. i was wondering what file i have to change to do this rather than it being sent when the customer comes back because he might not.

now i have managed to have the paypal redirect the customer back as soon as they clicks PAY. Customer gets redirected back without having to click continue. question is if i do this am i compromising anything? is it checked to see if the payment is completed before the order email is sent or is it just sent out when the order is updated in the db?

and my last question is now that this auto redirect is available with paypal i just use that with standard paypal module and have the customer redirected to checkout_process.php

when i tried that everything worked also since customer does not have to click continue but redirected by paypal to the site of couirse the problem is if someone doesn't wait to be redirected

what are the other problems with this module?

i want to automate the shipping process and do not want to check for failed payments. and i also want to minimize fraud so i know that using the ipn is probably the best solution but i still have my original problem.

I have my commerce site, for the most part, customized to a point where I am satisfied. I'm having trouble getting the payment module set up. I have tried to install the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module with no luck. I have tried to install the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN 3.0 module with no luck. (I'm not even sure if there is a difference between these two modules. Looks like they accomplish the same thing)

What I need is someone that will lend a hand in configuring this module. If you are willing to help via Windows XP Remote Assistance, please send an email to: [email protected]

Thank you in advance!

Ronny

OMG!! The hosting company I use has the wrong version of osCommerce. They have these scripts that install several types of software apps and the osCommerce they have listed says version 2.2 MS2 but it doesn't have all the options in the Admin area.(like, the "Display tax with products" option). I decided to download direct from the osC website and installed it to my directory. Then I installed the osCommerce PayPal IPN module with no errors. I plan to send them a firm email instructing them to upgrade thier software. I spent 20+ hours trying to get this module installed. :angry:

Hi there

I have just installed the PayPal Shopping Cart IPN contribution on a freshly installed Oscommerce site, but when I process an order using PayPal the order total is not transferred over to the PayPal payment processing page.

I have tried using this with the sandbox and with a live paypal account (for receiving the payment) and it's the same for both. Surely customers aren't expected to remember their order total when they arrive at paypal

Any guidance would be very much appreciated - this seems as though it will be a very useful contribution if I can just get over this blip.

Thanks

Sara

i am trying to have the emails to the customer and store owner be sent only when the payment is completed.and maybe a diffrent when there is a failure or pending result is recived from paypal via ipn.

now the email is sent when the customer is returned.

can i do this and am i correct in assuming that the changes has to be made in

ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

i am using

12 Jan 2005 - osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2
or should i use the paypal shopping cart ipn contribution Edited by tedbooks