• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

and everything was working fine before then?

Yes - it was fully working with QTPro installed - it has been since I installed the Time Zone Offset module that I get the error; however, I've removed all mods to files AND to the database manually and triple checked it to make sure, yet - the error still continues to show up... our customer's orders do show up in the admin and the payment is completed through Paypal and this too shows in the admin, the customer email is sent out according to my tests @ Paypal Developer Central (in test mode, in live mode i don't think the email sends); however, the extra order email is not sent out. That is the confusing part because the extra order email only duplicates the customer order email.

a little confusing and frustrating for my customers :) thanks!

Scott

Yes - it was fully working with QTPro installed - it has been since I installed the Time Zone Offset module that I get the error; however, I've removed all mods to files AND to the database manually and triple checked it to make sure, yet - the error still continues to show up... our customer's orders do show up in the admin and the payment is completed through Paypal and this too shows in the admin, the customer email is sent out according to my tests @ Paypal Developer Central (in test mode, in live mode i don't think the email sends); however, the extra order email is not sent out. That is the confusing part because the extra order email only duplicates the customer order email.

a little confusing and frustrating for my customers :) thanks!

Scott

Fixed it! it was another mod that i forgot i installed called Stats v3 - don't need to copy the lines into paypal.php or it will break!

I have had paypal ipn for a long time now and all is well.........just one question though. I have SMS email installed and before IPN my paypal orders would give me an update through my cell phone. But after install it no longer works. Do you have any ideas why my SMS service won't work with IPN?

Thanks,

Nigelman :thumbsup:

i don't know what stock level contributions you have added to your store?

for peace of mind, use paypal (not ipn) to make a test transaction and keep an eye on your stock levels to see if they reduce per transaction first, then post back here.

HI

I did not use any stock contribution. In default stock should substract. I tried default paypal (not IPN). The stock also does not subtract.

Also for PayPal_IPN module, some orders are not updating from <Set Preparing Order Status>

So there is something wrong with my other files.

would it be files under Admin.... e.g. admin/checkout_process.php?

thank you for help me

Fixed it!

great :D

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

HI

I did not use any stock contribution. In default stock should substract. I tried default paypal (not IPN). The stock also does not subtract.

Also for PayPal_IPN module, some orders are not updating from <Set Preparing Order Status>

So there is something wrong with my other files.

would it be files under Admin.... e.g. admin/checkout_process.php?

thank you for help me

as far as i know the set up is for pending orders... once it is approved, it should update the stock

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I have had paypal ipn for a long time now and all is well.........just one question though. I have SMS email installed and before IPN my paypal orders would give me an update through my cell phone. But after install it no longer works. Do you have any ideas why my SMS service won't work with IPN?

the code for the updating of the order and then the SMS is supposed to be in checkout_process therefore whether you have IPn or stock paypal it should not matter as the SMS is sent as soon as checkout_process is arrived to...

... as was pointed out to me by Terra, the IPN by-passes the checkout_process with regards to updting the order. Logic suggests that you add thye 'sms' code from checkout_process to IPN in order to make sure you only get the SMS if an IPN payment is pending (received).

However, regardslesss of what payment module you use (authorizenet/paypal/nochec/2checkout), the SMS in your set up is linked to checkout_process therefore that command instructs the SMS to be sent - it seems more than an IPN problem to me.

CHOOCH

I need some help. When a customer pays by CC, all goes well until they click return to mechant. Then they get the following message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/buykrcom/public_html/catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:34) in /home/buykrcom/public_html/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

I have checked the paypal_ipn.php file for whitespace as directed in other posts and it still doesnt fix the problem.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Rick

I need some help. When a customer pays by CC, all goes well until they click return to mechant. Then they get the following message:

I have checked the paypal_ipn.php file for whitespace as directed in other posts and it still doesnt fix the problem.

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Rick

Nevermind, it was the whitespace in paypal_ipn.php :thumbsup:

My IPN seems to be intermittent.

Sometimes stock is deducted, other times it is not.

I recieve an e-mail from paypal every time, and I also get all the orders upgraded to Pending status (not preparing IPN).

If this is the case why will the stock deduct sometimes and not others?

Any clues anyone?

Many thanks!

My IPN seems to be intermittent.

Sometimes stock is deducted, other times it is not.

I recieve an e-mail from paypal every time, and I also get all the orders upgraded to Pending status (not preparing IPN).

If this is the case why will the stock deduct sometimes and not others?

Any clues anyone?

Many thanks!

it should not update stock if it is set to Preparing IPN

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

correct the situation ----- paypal_ipn :

1. no pay -- status: preparing IPN , stock is not deducted

2.paid -- status: changed , stock is not deducted

3. paid and return ---status: changed , stock is deducted

RE: 3 yes, the key here is that return to your store checkout from paypal AFTER payment must be acheived otherwise the stock doesn't get deducted.

unfortunately this also means the so called 'hack' makes it impossible to protect downloadable products from fraud but there are people looking at ways to stop this.

CHOOCH

I am having an issue to where the items ordered from my site arn't listed on Paypals side. It only has them ordering my store name. Even if multiple items are ordered, they are added into one price, and still listed as my store name. The only way to see what they ordered is for me to go look up the IPN paypal status order.

But also is a consern since the customer won't have any record of what they orded though paypal.

I too am having a probem with the Paypal IPN. I have not installed OS yet because I was using Zen-Cart, but apparently their IPN is broken too..

Does someone know if IPN will work or not?

I would really like to find a cart that works that I can stick with...

Thanks!

Lee :)

RE: 3 yes, the key here is that return to your store checkout from paypal AFTER payment must be acheived otherwise the stock doesn't get deducted.

unfortunately this also means the so called 'hack' makes it impossible to protect downloadable products from fraud but there are people looking at ways to stop this.

I think it probably can use same variables of "GET" .

I have to amend it so that the contribution "Discount coupon codes" can be used together and paypal_ipn.

the code for the updating of the order and then the SMS is supposed to be in checkout_process therefore whether you have IPn or stock paypal it should not matter as the SMS is sent as soon as checkout_process is arrived to...

... as was pointed out to me by Terra, the IPN by-passes the checkout_process with regards to updting the order. Logic suggests that you add thye 'sms' code from checkout_process to IPN in order to make sure you only get the SMS if an IPN payment is pending (received).

However, regardslesss of what payment module you use (authorizenet/paypal/nochec/2checkout), the SMS in your set up is linked to checkout_process therefore that command instructs the SMS to be sent - it seems more than an IPN problem to me.

Ok no worries and thanks for your input....

In your paypal Website Payment Preferences what page do you have set for this function?

Return URL: Enter the URL that will be used to redirect your customers upon payment completion. This URL must meet the guidelines detailed below. Learn More

What link is yours?

Do you think it's possible to use the checkout_success.php, maybe SMS might work after?

Ok no worries and thanks for your input....

In your paypal Website Payment Preferences what page do you have set for this function?

Return URL: Enter the URL that will be used to redirect your customers upon payment completion. This URL must meet the guidelines detailed below. Learn More

What link is yours?

Do you think it's possible to use the checkout_success.php, maybe SMS might work after?

it is a very interesting avatar you have!

this return should be checkout_process.php and if the sms command in there then it will trigger an sms to you because i have done it for a client.

CHOOCH

it is a very interesting avatar you have!

this return should be checkout_process.php and if the sms command in there then it will trigger an sms to you because i have done it for a client.

Well I've edited my return link to checkout process.php and I just tested by buying a product from my shop and use my credit card.

Everything works from Paypal no problem so that's good of course. My only complaint is that when you get to the last window after payment if you want to transfer back to my site there's a small little link on the bottom. I think the average person would not go that way and thus checkout process.php will be enabled. I know this isn't a IPN thing but still it's certainly related to using Paypal.

On a sad note my SMS message did not arrive to my cell phone so I guess I'm back to the drawing board. I guess I shouldn't worry about it, I just loved having my orders in my cell when they were large and I could use it for reference.

If it matters here's the code for the SMS contrib to work in /catalog/checkout_process.php

//Prepare SMS Message

$SMS_subject = STORE_NAME . ' ' . $insert_id;
$SMS_order = '';
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
$SMS_order .= strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text'] . ' to ' . $order->customer['state']) . "\n";
 }

tep_mail('', '[email protected];[email protected]', $SMS_subject, $SMS_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_NAME);

If it matters here's the code for the SMS contrib to work in /catalog/checkout_process.php

try adding it to a convenient place in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

it should not update stock if it is set to Preparing IPN

Its processing but as another member pointed out, the customer HAS to return to the site?

When will this be fixed :(

Thanks for your help so far, it just seems to defeat the whole purpose of stock control if you got to do it manually B)

HI

Some of my paid orders has status of Pending.

It only happes to some of GBP orders.

Here is status of edit order page.

Date Added................Customer Notified...Status

11/19/2006 16:51:39..(NO)......................Preparing [PayPal IPN]

11/19/2006 16:55:21..(NO)......................Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; GBP11.85)]

11/19/2006 16:56:05..(YES).....................Preparing [PayPal IPN]

All other orders paid by other currencies have status of processing.

Edited by nudylady

When will this be fixed

Well to be blunt, apart from Terra and Windfjf no-one else seems to have contributed to the contribution (so to speak) in ages.

The last update fromk Windfjf was brilliant that it finally killed of the phantom/multiple orders but the order update is still on the to-do list - and with this being open source and people doing it for free, I guess the wait can be long!

If it is a matter of great importance then maybe you should try the other paypal ipn contribution just incase that has the stock reduction facility: Other Paypal IPN

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

HI

Some of my paid orders has status of Pending.

It only happes to some of GBP orders.

Here is status of edit order page.

Date Added................Customer Notified...Status

11/19/2006 16:51:39..(NO)......................Preparing [PayPal IPN]

11/19/2006 16:55:21..(NO)......................Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; GBP11.85)]

11/19/2006 16:56:05..(YES).....................Preparing [PayPal IPN]

All other orders paid by other currencies have status of processing.

you can manually set your default status from admin for IPN, all orders used IPN should show up with that status - which should be 'preparing paypal ipn'

CHOOCH

Ok worked like a charm......

Thanks for your help on this guys... here's what I did:

in the file catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn I added the code:

In /catalog/checkout_process.php

Find:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// send emails to other people
 if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And insert this after:
//Prepare SMS Message
 if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_SMS_TO != '') {

$SMS_subject = STORE_NAME . ' ' . $insert_id;
$SMS_order = '';
 for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
$SMS_order .= strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['title']) . ' ' . strip_tags($order_totals[$i]['text']) . "\n";
 }

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_SMS_TO, $SMS_subject, $SMS_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_NAME);
 }

did a fake order and no problem......remember if you want to do have SMS in your shop you will have to do a bit more (SQL install) but basically just adding this code your paypal IPN file will get you running smooth. Here's the contrib if anyone wants to install it!

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,all/search,sms

Now if we can only get PAYPAL to make a bigger button or something from their end.

Edited by Tsuri Japan