• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

i'm having the folowing problem with this modue:

when i get to the paypal page, the totals are not being passed (i.e. the paypal sreen shows the correct number of items in the basket, but it shows ?0 on the amount to pay)

anybody know how to fix this?

thanks

jg

I've spent hours searching through this forum but I still can't find a response. I just installed the latest version of this contribution (thanks for all the work you guys put in).

I've seen this mentioned a few times, but can't find a solution. The status of my orders do not change from "processing" after the payment goes through (the payment goes through fine). I can still operate, but it would really waste a lot of time to go through each one to see if they are orders that are dropped before payment or actual paid orders. (I can tell by the green check mark after going into each order)

I read that this has occurred on the godaddy server, but I am on midphase.

any solutions?

Help!

Thanks in advance.

Vance.

Bump!

Anyone got any ideas?

Vance.

These two errors are the root of your problem. <snip> If they are somewhere else, you will need to change the module settings to include the full path to the files.

I keep my key files below my document root (public_html), but protect them with a .htaccess file that denies access to the directory.

--Glen

Thanks for the help! I moved my files and the original error messages are gone. I now have these two messages, any suggestions?

Warning: openssl_pkcs7_sign() [function.openssl-pkcs7-sign]: error getting private key in /home/wings/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 372

Warning: file_get_contents(/tmp/737397-18-signed.txt) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wings/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 377

Would be very grateful for any help.

I have installed Paypal IPN v1.3 and added the file change in 1.4.

The settings in the paypal module are below. I spent most of yesterday getting errors, but discovered that was due to the fact I had only set up a test user account on the paypal sandbox, rather than a business and test user account!

These are the things I am desperate to check

1. Status in admin

It now seems to go through to the test ok, well, from a users point of view. From my websites point of view, I can check that the funds have gone through in paypal, but the order status in admin doesn't change from 'preparing IPN' for the paid for orders.

2. Security

Do I need to install encryption/SSL. I have purchased an SSL from my host, it is currently working on the admin and user account pages. Do I need to set up any certificates, etc? Are there any easy instructions anywhere? I need a step by step guide for the sandbox and then live!

3. Documentation

I have read through the installation file and searched but can't find the 'Paypal IPN for Dummies' or any basic installation instructions. If someone can point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic.

Here are my current PayPal IPN settings;

Enable PayPal IPN Module - True

Move tax to total amount - True

E-Mail Address - my email address

Transaction Currency - Selected Currency

Payment Zone --none--

Set Preparing Order Status - Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status -Processing

Gateway Server - Testing

Transaction Type -Aggregate

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address -my address entered here

Sort order of display. 0

Enable Encrypted Web Payments - False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location - /usr/bin/openssl

Please help!

well, once again, I wrote a guide about the SSL part in paypal ipn module setup. It might help.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Would be very grateful for any help.

I have installed Paypal IPN v1.3 and added the file change in 1.4.

The settings in the paypal module are below. I spent most of yesterday getting errors, but discovered that was due to the fact I had only set up a test user account on the paypal sandbox, rather than a business and test user account!

These are the things I am desperate to check

1. Status in admin

It now seems to go through to the test ok, well, from a users point of view. From my websites point of view, I can check that the funds have gone through in paypal, but the order status in admin doesn't change from 'preparing IPN' for the paid for orders.

2. Security

Do I need to install encryption/SSL. I have purchased an SSL from my host, it is currently working on the admin and user account pages. Do I need to set up any certificates, etc? Are there any easy instructions anywhere? I need a step by step guide for the sandbox and then live!

3. Documentation

I have read through the installation file and searched but can't find the 'Paypal IPN for Dummies' or any basic installation instructions. If someone can point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic.

Here are my current PayPal IPN settings;

Enable PayPal IPN Module - True

Move tax to total amount - True

E-Mail Address - my email address

Transaction Currency - Selected Currency

Payment Zone --none--

Set Preparing Order Status - Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status -Processing

Gateway Server - Testing

Transaction Type -Aggregate

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address -my address entered here

Sort order of display. 0

Enable Encrypted Web Payments - False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location - /usr/bin/openssl

Please help!

I can help you with the Sandbox. It's pretty simple actually. You create free account at https://developer.paypal.com

Then with the free account you use the sandbox tool to make your own little paypal. There you will make a business account that is exactly like your real paypal business account and a personal account to test the site with. Keep in mind all the e-mails for those fake sandbox accounts will just go to the e-mail section of your

https://developer.paypal.com.

To run the sandbox account for testing make sure your admin for Paypal IPN of your store is set to 'testing' and the e-mail address is the same and the fake business e-mail address in your sandbox. and that you are logged in to https://developer.paypal.com.

Then it should test fine.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Vance

PS - I still also have the same problem of the status not updating from 'processing IPN' after payment, so if you (or anyone else) figure that out let me know!

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to say this is an excellent and helpful community. :)

I'm getting the "Paypal IPN Invalid PRocess" Email. I've disabled IPN in Paypal.

Can someone tell me what's wrong with these parameters? (sensitive info changed slightly)

$_POST:

payment_date=11:25:34 Oct 23, 2006 PDT
txn_type=web_accept
last_name=Smith
residence_country=GB
item_name=Wizmo Magic
payment_gross=
mc_currency=GBP
[email protected]
payment_type=instant
verify_sign=BQU0e5vuZCvSg-XJploTa.sGUDlpANrR-I5sFG79V5WXo-M65nae.p7Z
payer_status=unverified
tax=0.00
[email protected]
txn_id=19E39094C7108282A
quantity=1
[email protected]
first_name=R
invoice=13
payer_id=2E3QNHG3WS53G
receiver_id=3MEEUFNV2AB2C
item_number=
payment_status=Completed
payment_fee=
mc_fee=0.95
shipping=0.00
mc_gross=21.94
custom=11
charset=windows-1252
notify_version=2.1

$_GET:

One of my clients' stores received this email yesterday as well. I've never seen it before. Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening? I have not made any modification on this store in months.

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best. --Anonymous

One of my clients' stores received this email yesterday as well. I've never seen it before. Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening? I have not made any modification on this store in months.

Does this occur for every transaction? or just this one for this client with a dot in his email before the arobase?

No, this is the first email of this type that I have ever received from any of my clients' stores. The email was sent to my email address as that is the address that is listed in the debug field.

The email shown above is not the actual one I received. I just quoted it from this thread because except for the user/order details, it is identical to the email I received. I apologize for not making that clear. The email address listed for the customer in my client's store does not have a dot in it.

The weird thing is, upon further investigation, the transaction did eventually get processed. It is marked as a completed transaction in Paypal; it is showing up in the client's Admin under Orders.

Here is the information from the order status, if that will give any clues about what happened:

11/06/2006 12:49:50 False Pending PayPal IPN Invalid [Pending; address]

11/06/2006 13:20:49 True Processing

11/06/2006 13:24:30 False Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $49.50)]

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best. --Anonymous

Hello,

Preparing [PayPal IPN] -- problem

I have the IPN contribution installed and it worked fine until September 15. I started seeing "some" orders as "Preparing [PayPal IPN]". I waited one day, then another...status didn't change.

I placed a call to Paypal, and they said it was a problem with the IPN contribution -- not their issue -- so I went through all my settings and confirmed according to documentation that everything was installed correctly and I wasn't missing any steps. I placed another call to Paypal, and customer service said they'd fix "whatever" needed to be fixed. They did that and orders were processed correctly.

Now...I'm seeing "Preparing [PayPal IPN]" again.

Some of my orders have been sitting like this since 10/30.

Any suggestions on what this might be and any possible solutions to solving this?

Thanks,

NDirge

I installed the tjinstaller for PayPal IPN v1.2. It worked great.

But when I look at the paypal_ipn.php file that it installed, it says 'v 1.3.0.0 2006/06/22'. Is this really 1.3?

So now, I want to upgrade to 1.4 and if this really *is* 1.3, all I should have to do is copy over the 1.4 paypal_ipn.php file. But it breaks :'(

So, I guess I have two questions...

1) How do I know if I'm really running 1.2 or 1.3?

2) How do I upgrade either to 1.4 (since I used the tjinstaller script to install 1.2[maybe 3])

Thanks!

Jon

Please Help

I down loaded an IPN module v1.4 and unzipped it but there is no instalation advise. I uploaded it to includes/modules/payment. But when I went to the admin part of the shop payment modules there were error messages...

So what I am asking is how do I install this module and is this the official PayPal Module. Also once this is installed do I delete the original paypal module? I have read quite a bit of this thread and I can't find an answer as everybody else knows how to install it!

Previously I had just the basic PayPal module that has the problem when customers do not return to the store.

Thanx in advance.

Please Help

I down loaded an IPN module v1.4 and unzipped it but there is no instalation advise. I uploaded it to includes/modules/payment. But when I went to the admin part of the shop payment modules there were error messages...

So what I am asking is how do I install this module and is this the official PayPal Module. Also once this is installed do I delete the original paypal module? I have read quite a bit of this thread and I can't find an answer as everybody else knows how to install it!

Previously I had just the basic PayPal module that has the problem when customers do not return to the store.

Thanx in advance.

Download the 1.3 version, there are instructions there. Just use the file for the 1.4 version instead. I got confused the same way at first.

PS - anyone figure out the "preparing [iPn]" status problem yet?

Vance

Question Im not sure if installing the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

fixes this problem can someone help? The for your angel designs shoulr say what the customer purchased and it does not it gives the name of the cart. Does this mod fix this problem? and is that why you have to have it and activate the ipm with paypal etc....?

Payment For Quantity Price

For Your Angel Designs 1 $20.00 USD

Thanks from a newbie but learning !

~Renee

change: (about #451 in V1.4 /include/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php )

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

$order_id = substr($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, strpos($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, '-')+1);

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $order_id,

'orders_status_id' => $order->info['order_status'],

'date_added' => 'now()',

'customer_notified' => (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0',

'comments' => $order->info['comments']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

to:

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

$order_id = substr($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, strpos($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, '-')+1);

$sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $order_id,

'orders_status_id' => ((MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_ORDER_STATUS_ID > 0) ? MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_ORDER_STATUS_ID : DEFAULT_ORDERS_STATUS_ID),

'date_added' => 'now()',

'customer_notified' => (SEND_EMAILS == 'true') ? '1' : '0',

'comments' => $order->info['comments']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY, $sql_data_array);

Hello,

Preparing [PayPal IPN] -- problem

I have the IPN contribution installed and it worked fine until September 15. I started seeing "some" orders as "Preparing [PayPal IPN]". I waited one day, then another...status didn't change.

I placed a call to Paypal, and they said it was a problem with the IPN contribution -- not their issue -- so I went through all my settings and confirmed according to documentation that everything was installed correctly and I wasn't missing any steps. I placed another call to Paypal, and customer service said they'd fix "whatever" needed to be fixed. They did that and orders were processed correctly.

Now...I'm seeing "Preparing [PayPal IPN]" again.

Some of my orders have been sitting like this since 10/30.

Any suggestions on what this might be and any possible solutions to solving this?

Thanks,

NDirge

I have version 1.3 installed.

It used to send an extra e-mail to shopowner if an order was placed but it stopped doing that about 4 weeks ago. Just every now and then it will send an extra order e-mail if the payment is PayPal.

All other extra e-mails to shopowner if an order is placed do get send normaly (if you pay by money-transfer etc.).

Any idea's?

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

Hi, I'm having an issue with Paypal IPN that's driving me nut. It's been working for a long time and then it starts having this issue about a week ago. When customers select Paypal payment, they are sent to Paypal website and get this error from Paypal:

"This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant"

To debug the issue, I put this code in the checkout_confirmation.php page:

<?php echo "<pre>";

print_r($_SESSION);

echo "</pre>"; ?>

to dump the session info, and here's what I get:

Array

(

[cart] => shoppingcart Object

(

[contents] => Array

(

[1970] => Array

(

[qty] => 1

)

)

[total] => 26.5

[weight] => 0.5

[cartID] => 60245

[cg_id] => 1

[total_virtual] => 26.5

[weight_virtual] => 80.5

)

[language] => english

[languages_id] => 1

[currency] => USD

[navigation] => navigationhistory Object

(

[path] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

=> login.php

[mode] => SSL

[get] => Array

(

[action] => process

)

=> Array

(

[email_address] => xxx

[password] => xxx

[x] => 0

[y] => 0

)

)

[1] => Array

(

=> checkout_confirmation.php

[mode] => SSL

[get] => Array

(

[onclick] =>

[quot;exit] => false;

[quot;] =>

)

=> Array

(

[cc_owner] => xxx

[cc_number] =>

[cc_expires_month] =>

[cc_expires_year] =>

[cvvnumber] =>

[payment] => paypal_ipn

[gv_redeem_code] =>

[comments] =>

[x] => 65

[y] => 9

)

)

)

[snapshot] => Array

(

)

)

[affiliate_ref] =>

[affiliate_clickthroughs_id] =>

[customer_id] => 2100

[customer_default_address_id] => 1

[customer_first_name] => Loc

[sppc_customer_group_id] => 1

[sppc_customer_group_show_tax] => 0

[sppc_customer_group_tax_exempt] => 1

[customer_country_id] => 223

[customer_zone_id] => 12

[sendto] => 1

[shipping] => Array

(

[id] => ups_GND

[title] => UPS (Ground)

[cost] => 10.8

)

[cartID] => 60245

[billto] => 1

[comments] =>

[payment] => paypal_ipn

[choose_insurance] =>

[cart_PayPal_IPN_ID] => -0

)

I supposed the orders_id that Paypal IPN module generates to send to Paypal is not there, but I'm not sure why. Please help!