• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

I started going through this thread to find my answer, but 1500 posts is a lot of reading! I'm still receiving notification of payments from Paypal with no customer address attached. Normally when people send Paypal payment to me (manually, not through the osCommerce site and IPN module), their address is attached. Now, I know I can access their address through the admin feature, but I'm just trying to cut down post-order processing time.

I've gone to my "profile" in my Paypal account and have found a few different options that seem related to the IPN module. What exactly do I have to set and how? Thanks and

Kind regards,

Indy

I started going through this thread to find my answer, but 1500 posts is a lot of reading! I'm still receiving notification of payments from Paypal with no customer address attached. Normally when people send Paypal payment to me (manually, not through the osCommerce site and IPN module), their address is attached. Now, I know I can access their address through the admin feature, but I'm just trying to cut down post-order processing time.

I've gone to my "profile" in my Paypal account and have found a few different options that seem related to the IPN module. What exactly do I have to set and how? Thanks and

Kind regards,

Indy

Anyone hosting on godaddy.com and using this module will need to make the following change to /ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php.

Find (at or around line 71):

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

Add immediately after:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "HTTP://64.202.165.130:3128");

This is needed for communicating with PayPal.

Hiya! I'm having the same problem that Brian was trying to fix in post 1340 where ipn.php wasn't behaving correctly because my host is GoDaddy and they have a firewall in place that prevents it from doing what it needs to do. I've done all the research on it and it seems really easy to fix; many people have given the answer that Brian did. The only problem is that... I don't have the file "/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php". In fact, I don't even have a "ext/" directory... as far as I know.

My guess is that the fix listed on all of the sites is for a different contribution than what I am using. I am using the "PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN" contribution found at "http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1753". More specifically, I installed the version 3.0a posted by Dave Rees on Jan 21, 2005. I haven't done any of the updates for this contribution yet because I just wanted to get it working and then make it pretty. The updates don't seem to have anything to do with the problem I am having anyway.

In conclusion, I am looking for the write combination of code that allows ipn.php to interact with GoDaddy, using the "PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN" contribution. If that isn't possible, it is still possible to uninstall that contribution and install a different one, but that sure is a pain.

Any ideas?

Mike

Hi

I'm having the same problem, I don't get the customer's address from PAYPAL. Has anyone manged to figure this out?

Cheers

Rich

I had the same problem and took a few hours searching through the forum but couldn't find the answer until I compared the new IPN to my old IPN that was passing the customer's address - here is the solution:

Go down to line 346 or so where is says: $parameters['no_shipping'] = '1';

Change it to: $parameters['no_shipping'] = '0';

Hmmm... my ipn.php file only has 153 lines of code. And I can't find any parameters mentioning shipping. Any other ideas? Anyone???

Kind regards,

Indy

I am having a problem with Paypal IPN v1.3. Going through to the checkout is fine, but when i get to Paypal, i have no information or total amount to pay.

It is like no information is being passed across to paypal.

This is happening on both of my shops. Can anyone help.

I know of others with exactly the same problem....

I am having a problem with Paypal IPN v1.3. Going through to the checkout is fine, but when i get to Paypal, i have no information or total amount to pay.

It is like no information is being passed across to paypal.

This is happening on both of my shops. Can anyone help.

I know of others with exactly the same problem....

Hi Adrian

I have found the problem on my end...

I am working with an australian site so the currency is in AUD. What I have had to do is to change the following code in includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php @ line 255

if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD'))) {
	$my_currency = 'USD';
  }

I have changed it to...

if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD', 'AUD'))) {
	$my_currency = 'AUD';
  }

adding AUD in the list and AUD as my currency

I have also set it in admin to send the "Per Item" and not "Aggregate"

Hope that helps you

Regards

Mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Hi Adrian

I have found the problem on my end...

I am working with an australian site so the currency is in AUD. What I have had to do is to change the following code in includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php @ line 255

if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD'))) {
	$my_currency = 'USD';
  }

I have changed it to...

if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD', 'AUD'))) {
	$my_currency = 'AUD';
  }

adding AUD in the list and AUD as my currency

I have also set it in admin to send the "Per Item" and not "Aggregate"

Hope that helps you

Regards

Mark

Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply. I have followed your procedure and it doesn't work for me. It was worth a shot.

Thanks anyway, i will keep looking.

Hi Mike

Thanks for that, I've found the line and I'll try it tonight.

On a different note, do you know if the no_note=1 prevents customers messages from appearing in paypal emails? Are you aware of any problems in setting no_note=0?

Many thanks

Rich

Rich,

Thanks for taking a look at this issue. I ran a test and it appears that currently customer's messages are not one of the things that are being passed to paypal. There is no trace of the comments in any emails or in the transaction details on paypal. I did, however, find the comments in the admin section of osC under the Customers --> Orders section, as you would expect. What I didn't find in that section was the actual products that they ordered. I would currently have to check my email or paypal account for the cart contents. Hopefully the goDaddy firewall issue that I'm having with the "PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN" contribution will fix that issue.

Mike

Hmmm... my ipn.php file only has 153 lines of code. And I can't find any parameters mentioning shipping. Any other ideas? Anyone???

Kind regards,

Indy

Indy, you are looking at the wrong file. Make sure you are looking at the paypal_ipn.php in ..includes/modules/payment/

Hi Mike

Thanks for that, I've found the line and I'll try it tonight.

On a different note, do you know if the no_note=1 prevents customers messages from appearing in paypal emails? Are you aware of any problems in setting no_note=0?

Many thanks

Rich

Hi Rich,

I haven't tried the no_note=1 but I would imagine that that is the case. I never had a need to pass customer's message information to Paypal, my main concern was to pass the address to make sure that it is in fact the billing address.

If you change it to "0" then the customer message will pass through to Paypal. There shouldn't be any problems unless that information doesn't get pass through and instead it would just have an empty box for the customer to fill in the message again in Paypal. If you happen to test it out, let me know the results for future references.

Mike

Does anyone know how to change the language preference of the page that your paypal customers are intitially redirected to? my business account is in the Netherlands but I want the PayPal page to be in English.

PayPal's advise was as follows:

"To change the prefered languages on your website, you can implement the

following lines into your HTML code.

We are aware that there were some issues and hope that you can solve

them with this help.

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_ext-enter">

<input type="hidden" name="redirect_cmd" value="_xclick">

<input type="hidden" name="lc" value="US">

Please let me know if you need further assistance."

But i'm not sure what page or where I would insert this to make it work... any ideas?

Greetings!

Hope someone can help me with this new problem that I am having. I'm sure that someone has had this problem before, but I searched for 2 days and I can't find the answer.

I just installed the osC IPN module and it was very easy to install. The IPN part is changing the order status and everything.. its great! The only problem is that I can't see what they ordered in the admin area. When I set it to itemized shopping cart I can see the details in my email, but not in the admin area. If I go aggregate, the only way I can tell is if I log into the customer's account with my master password. It shows it in there, but not in my admin section.

Anyone know why?

Thanks a million times over if someone has an answer. Thank you thank you thank you.

Mike

Hi,

First of all, I'd like to say this is an excellent and helpful community. :)

I'm getting the "Paypal IPN Invalid PRocess" Email. I've disabled IPN in Paypal.

Can someone tell me what's wrong with these parameters? (sensitive info changed slightly)

$_POST:

payment_date=11:25:34 Oct 23, 2006 PDT
txn_type=web_accept
last_name=Smith
residence_country=GB
item_name=Wizmo Magic
payment_gross=
mc_currency=GBP
[email protected]
payment_type=instant
verify_sign=BQU0e5vuZCvSg-XJploTa.sGUDlpANrR-I5sFG79V5WXo-M65nae.p7Z
payer_status=unverified
tax=0.00
[email protected]
txn_id=19E39094C7108282A
quantity=1
[email protected]
first_name=R
invoice=13
payer_id=2E3QNHG3WS53G
receiver_id=3MEEUFNV2AB2C
item_number=
payment_status=Completed
payment_fee=
mc_fee=0.95
shipping=0.00
mc_gross=21.94
custom=11
charset=windows-1252
notify_version=2.1

$_GET:

Read the forum rules...

This support thread is for the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2

Which can be downloaded from http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

Please post any support questions on this module here.

Any questions relating to any other contribution will likely be removed to keep this thread specific to the module above.

I am a newbie with all the contributions stuff and the SSL certificates.

My hosting company offers a shared SSL cert., should I enable Encrypted Web Payments or not?

If yes, what or where do I find all the things that I must put there?

Thank you!

Contributions used: italian payment - Bonifico Bancario; Dynamic Meta Tags 1.0; Italian language for 2.2MS2; PayPal IPN Module v1.0; Purchase Without Account; Register Globals; Back buttons

Do you recommend me any other contribution?

Here is My Store, tell me how can I improve it!

I am a newbie with all the contributions stuff and the SSL certificates.

My hosting company offers a shared SSL cert., should I enable Encrypted Web Payments or not?

If yes, what or where do I find all the things that I must put there?

Thank you!

If you are concerned about ssl for your payment using this payment module then paypal takes care of the ssl when the transaction goes through to their site

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Is there a way to select the default language of the initial PayPal screen that your customers are brought to? It defaults to whatever language is the default for the country YOUR PayPal business account is registered in -- how can I change it to English? Any feedback is appreciated.

thank you!

If you are concerned about ssl for your payment using this payment module then paypal takes care of the ssl when the transaction goes through to their site

WRONG.

Customers will only reach the paypal site after they have entered their address, phone number, etc on your site first. And I don't like providing this kind od data on a non-secure page myself as a shopper :-)

If people are in your checkout pages and cannot see a secure URL displaying the lock YOU WILL LOSE a lot of sales. This is not because Paypal has secure gateway that you should not have one.

And the Encrypted Web Payment option on Paypal has nothing to do with SSL. You may leave it unchecked and still have SSL.

Edited by pixclinic

WRONG.

Customers will only reach the paypal site after they have entered their address, phone number, etc on your site first. And I don't providing this kind od data on a non-secure page myself as a shopper :-)

If people are in your checkout pages and cannot see a secure URL displaying the lock YOU WILL LOSE a lot of sales. This is not because Paypal has secure gateway that you should not have one.

And the Encrypted Web Payment option on Paypal has nothing to do with SSL. You may leave it unchecked and still have SSL.

Sorry if I confused anyone but i was refering to credit card details being passed and not the deatils of the shopper

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Sorry if I confused anyone but i was refering to credit card details being passed and not the deatils of the shopper

I'll stay behind my first statement: get an SSL or use a shared one right away from your checkout, when people created their account with their password: people won't shop if they start checking out on non-secure pages. I know that CC numbers are the most sensitive info, but for respect for your customers, everything should be passed in SSL. Paypal always runs in SSL anyway.