• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

The Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status does not update. always show (Preparing [Paypal IPN]).

I tried to access

http://www.mydomain.com/store/ext/modules/...pal_ipn/ipn.php

and got the error

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

What should I do?

The Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status does not update. always show (Preparing [Paypal IPN]).

I tried to access

http://www.mydomain.com/store/ext/modules/...pal_ipn/ipn.php

and got the error

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

What should I do?

Just a quick change in your servers php.ini file is required.

Check with your hosting provider. They should be able to change your php.ini file to enable register_globals.

Can anyone help with my request above??

Hi, I have recently installed this MOD (PayPal_IPN_v1.3) and I think I have a problem with it, because I don't receive a confirmation by email of the order (also the client doesn't receive this). But the order is listed as "preparing [paypal IPN]". So is the order going allright or is something going wrong?

How long does it takes for Paypal for confirming the transaction? I do not see any money coming in on my PayPal account. It's now several hours that the first customer has placed an order (5 orders are placed allready... )

Anyone?

The above configuration works fine provided all the keys, including the private key, are stored in web server directory and have read access.

Now this is where I have my doubts. Should everyone be able to access and view my keys including the private key by accessing the key file directly via the web browser? If I restrict read access to any of the keys or place them in directories outside the HTML public folder of the server I get error messages.

Your help is highly appreciated.

No, nobody should be able to see your keys, especially your private key. To disable access via the web, create a file called .htaccess and put the following into it:

<Files *.*>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Files>

Put this file into the same directory as your keys.

--Glen

Hi everyone,

I am completely new to this so please excuse any stupidity on my behalf.

I installed the module, but now when I process an order I get directed to the login sandbox page. After logging in I get to see my account and money in it but the order is gone, not displayed, not returned, nothing.

I also do not know what to do with:

Private Key

Public certificate

PayPal's public certificate

your PayPal public cert. ID

Working Directory

Open SSL Location

I also have paypal.php files next to all ipn.php files. Is this correct or are these files from the paypal installation I used to use ans if so should they be deleted?

Thanks heaps,

My client is slowly getting anoyed with the delay...

Taree

No, nobody should be able to see your keys, especially your private key. To disable access via the web, create a file called .htaccess and put the following into it:

<Files *.*>
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
</Files>

Put this file into the same directory as your keys.

--Glen

Thanks Glen.

It works now.

I only realized that when encryption is enabled the cart content is not shown in Paypal. Encryption off and it is shown (incl. options). Is this normal?

Thanks !

Hi all,

I'm very happy with this Contribution. Apart from a few configuration settings that I'm yet to tweek I just processed my first test sale through the Sandbox on the first attempt!

I have a question that I think is easy to do. The shop is selling holiday packages but the customer only pays a set $75 deposit regardless of the package price - the remainder is paid directly to the vendor. I think the easiest way to do this is to edit the code in the contribution and insert $75 instead of grabbing the packages list price from the catalog. Does this sound like the easiest way?

If so, where in the contribution files do I replace the memory variable with $75? I'm assuming then that $75 will be sent to PayPal and the customer will be charged just $75.

Unless there is a better way?

Cheers,

I'll try this question again

I use a flat fee shipping.

No shipping charges are carried over to PayPal.

Eventhough the shipping charges do appear on the

checkout page prior to "confirming" which takes the

customer to paypal.

Help please!

~Roland

I use a flat fee shipping. No shipping charges are carried over to PayPal.

Have you got any settings in your PayPal account which override shipping? Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Hi all,

I need some help. I've read through instructions several times and changed other settings that sound like possibilities but there is no change.

I installed PayPal IPN and at first all seemed fine. I then realised that although I appeared to be getting through the PayPal payment stage ok, and then redirected back to the shop, there is no trace of the order in the Customers section. However, I do have the sales listed under Reports in the Best Products Purchased but not in the Customer Order Totals.

Also, unless I am logged into PayPal already in a different window, when first arriving at PayPal I go to a different screen that says "To access the PayPal Sandbox, please log in to PayPal Developer Central."

I haven't installed any other Contributions and have only made some minor modifications here and there. I do not have SSL set up and am running through the Test PayPal server.

One other strange thing, when I get the e-mail from the shop after a sale the Detailed Invoice link appears to be incomplete with the ending saying order_id=

I thought of replacing the couple of files that I've changed back to originals but the only download appears to be the latest one. Aren't archived versions held somewhere?

I hope someone can help. I'm on a Windows server.

Roman

Hi all,

I need some help. I've read through instructions several times and changed other settings that sound like possibilities but there is no change.

I installed PayPal IPN and at first all seemed fine. I then realised that although I appeared to be getting through the PayPal payment stage ok, and then redirected back to the shop, there is no trace of the order in the Customers section. However, I do have the sales listed under Reports in the Best Products Purchased but not in the Customer Order Totals.

If the order isn't logged on the Customers -> Orders page, you may have enabled the standard PayPal module. You should make sure it is uninstalled. This module always puts the order in the order table; first with a status of "Preparing [PayPal IPN]", then changing to "Pending" when PayPal accesses the /ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php page. Note that those status values are the defaults for the module; you can change them if you wish. Troubleshooting is easier if you don't change this sort of thing until after you are certain that the modules is working correctly.

Also, unless I am logged into PayPal already in a different window, when first arriving at PayPal I go to a different screen that says "To access the PayPal Sandbox, please log in to PayPal Developer Central."

I haven't installed any other Contributions and have only made some minor modifications here and there. I do not have SSL set up and am running through the Test PayPal server.

This is expected behavior when communicating with the Test PayPal server. In order to do testing, you must first log into PayPal Developer Central at http://developer.paypal.com. To be successful in a test, you must create at least two accounts in the PayPal Sandbox; one for your store, and one for a test customer. Put the store account information into the module's setup, then use the customer account to buy something from the store. The reason you need two test accounts is that you cannot send money to yourself using PayPal.

One other strange thing, when I get the e-mail from the shop after a sale the Detailed Invoice link appears to be incomplete with the ending saying order_id=

I thought of replacing the couple of files that I've changed back to originals but the only download appears to be the latest one. Aren't archived versions held somewhere?

When editing files, you must do your own version control. If you want to go back to the originals, move the original zip package to another folder on your computer and unzip it again. Then find the files you need to revert to the originals and move them back up to your server. A handy tip is to keep a detailed log of all changes that you make to your store, along with the dates that you made them.

--Glen

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the reply, it was very helpful. "This is expected behavior when communicating with the Test PayPal server" >_< I nearly fell off my chair when I read that :D no matter how much information is available, there is always more. I have logged on to the test server first now in a different window and have not seen that message since, however, I haven't been given the opportunity to actually process a test transaction today because of the continuous 3005 errors so I haven't as yet been able to check if the URL in the automated shop e-mail is fixed. Doesn't matter, I'm more confident that it will work when I go live.

I located a backup copy of the OsCommerce zip so I replaced a few of my modified files and orders are now appearing in there! I'll certainly track mods into the future; a valuable lesson. So I'm also happy with that - the modified files were not critical anyway, I can look at those things later.

I have one outstanding problem that I posted a few days ago that I'm desperate to have resolved, at least in part, for an expected site launch in 3 days time. I'll post a follow-up now.

Thanks again,

Roman

Is the Paypal Payment Data Transfer supported? Is it mportant to use if it is?

I already thought papyal used an SSL of their own. I have my own SSL certificate, so what is the benefit of using that?

I understand PayPal's encryption (and any other site that uses SSL) will protect data from them to you, the client, it is up to you to encrypt data from you back to PayPal. If I have this wrong please let me know.

All,

I've posted this request before, but I'll try and articulate the problem a bit better. I have a site going live in 3 days and I'm getting anxious, not to mention the store owner, over finding even a partial solution. The shop will be selling holiday packages with the full price listed in the online catalog. The shop however will only charge a fixed $75 deposit per package with the remainder paid by the client directly to the vendor.

My first question, which is suited to this thread, is how can I modify the PayPal IPN contribution to forward only a fixed $75 per package to PayPal for payment by the client? The contribution must take an existing memory variable from OsCommerce, or grab the price from the database itself, and then send it on. Can I simply change the code to have it fixed at $75, or multiples of that if several packages are purchased? there are no other charges involved, not tax or shipping. Can someone please give me some advice? at least a description of what code needs changing and I'll have a play.

The second question, which would fix the first question but is a little off-topic, is can I modify the code earlier, somewhere, so that it will flow through the whole of OsCommerce? The larger issue is that although the client may be charged only the deposit in PayPal if I modify the contribution, there are still e-mails to the client, and records of orders etc throughout OsCommerce that will record the sale at the full catalog price.

The merchant wants to retain the functionality of the Specials so that cannot be used as a method of achieving the deposit price.

Any help, even thinking aloud, will be most helpful. I have seen this issue asked before so if anyone is looking for ideas for a contribution this issue may be worth considering.

Thanks in anticipation,

Roman

Have you got any settings in your PayPal account which override shipping? Terra

Here's summary of the PayPal set up:

Cost method - flat shipping is selected

Miscellaneous ? Allow transaction-based shipping settings to override profile settings (Optional). is selected

-------------

Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).

Shipping will only be applied to all PayPal Shopping Cart Purchases, Buy Now Buttons, and Donations. Shipping will not be applied to payments made with PayPal Subscriptions and Recurring Payments, Winning Buyer Notification, or Instant Purchase (for eBay listings).

Currency ? To view or edit your Shipping Calculations, choose a currency type and click Select. If you have Shipping Calculations enabled, your current settings will be displayed after the page refreshes.

Currency:

U.S. Dollar Canadian Dollar Yen Pound Sterling Euro Australian Dollar

Cost Method ? Choose the Flat Amount or Percentage method of calculating shipping costs and click Select or Save, below. The page will refresh after you have made your selection.

Cost Method Description

X Flat Amount ($) Calculate a flat shipping amount based on the total amount of the purchase.

Percentage (%) Calculate the shipping amount based on a percentage of the total amount of the purchase.

Cost and Price Ranges ? Enter a shipping cost for each price range. To make changes to the price ranges, click Edit.

Cost Price Ranges

$ USD ? [unable to display image]

$ USD ? [unable to display image][unable to display image]

$ USD ? [unable to display image]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miscellaneous ? Allow transaction-based shipping settings to override profile settings (Optional).

X Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled).

I have one of the original versions installed and it works pretty good, HOWEVER, it does not populate the paypal screen with the customers address, name.

New customers are required to type in their info 2 times, back to back.. Is there a fix..I skimmed thru this thread and did not see anything but complaints on the 1st few pages.

Here's summary of the PayPal set up: Cost method - flat shipping is selected
You should not have any shipping set up in your PayPal account - try disabling them in your PayPal account & check whether it works. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

I installed the Paypal IPN contibution a few weeks ago. I didn't test it properly, that is a little stupid.

Today our first customer uses Paypal. We see his money on our Paypal account, but we don't see his order in osC.

I read in the documentation that the order should be saved when the 'Confirm order' button is pressed in 'checkout_confirmation.php'. That doesn't happen! Why? The customer is redirected properly to Paypal.

Paypal IPN settings:

Enable: True

Move tax.. :True

Set preparing... : Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Ack...: In behandeling [PayPal IPN]

Gateway Server: Live

Transaction Type: Aggregate

I have also installed the following contributions that are payment related:

idealm_V12

Must Agree to Terms v1.5.6

Payment_fee 1.2.3

STS 4.1

Ultimate SEO URLs 2.2.2

How is Paypal IPN triggered to save the order? Where should I have a look at?

Hello,

I am brand new here and to osCommerce.

I made a new shop with osCommerce, a downloads only shop. Installed the "Download Controller".

Installed the "Paypal IPN" module.

Everything went smoothly...

Registered on Paypal Sandbox and made two accounts. One to be seller and another to be buyer on the above shop.

Went through the process of 'buying an item'. Checked out, paid at Paypal sandbox, returned to the shop and confirmed that the order entry was there. received all relevant emails from Paypal, "order process" mail also.

Accepted the payment on the sellers paypal account. Smooth.

Now, in the "my account" section, download link is not available.

This is seen in the Orders history:

-----------------------

09/30/2006 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Pending (Verified; $1.99); intl]

09/30/2006 Preparing [PayPal IPN]

NOTE: Downloads are not available until payment has been confirmed

-----------------------

I thought it is some problem with Sandbox and did the same with two "live" accounts and actually paid the money. Still the same issue.

A appreciate all the help,

Regards

MoonRay

Hello,

I've installed the official PayPal IPN 1.3 module. What I've noticed is that when clients choose for a payment by Paypal (on checkout_payment.php) already a "preparing [PayPal IPN]" notice is send to orders (admin). When clients go to the confirmation page (checkout_confirmation.php) they see for the first time the shipping costs, and some of them stops at this moment because perhaps the shippingcosts are too expensive.

Whey was this module not programmed that only when clients click on the confirmation button on the checkout-confirmation-page the message is sent to orders? So you don't have (a lot of) orders that never gets a confirmation.

Thanks!

BTW I love OSCommerce!!

IPN module have to create the order in the first place, and then in the confirm check out page it will send out the order info to paypal when customers hit the confirm button.

If it acted like other modules, created orders when the confirm button been hit, how could it send out the order when customers arrived at paypal pages?

Got it?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.