• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

1. Permissions problem on the working directory. Check that the working directory that you entered in the module settings exists, and that PHP can get to it.

2. smime not installed on your server, or you don't have permission to use it. Check with your server admin.

3. bad or non-existent keys. Make sure that you have generated public and private keys, and that they exist in the location you specified in the module settings.

Hi,

Where can I find more information about these topics? I am still in the process of configuring my installation of PayPal IPN.

Even though these are briefly discussed in the Installation Guide of this contrib, I'm afraid it wasn't enough to illuminate for me. I need to read up some more.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPal's Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

If anyone can point me to the right place, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Morcar

Shell,

I haven't gotten this far in the setup of my osCommerce, but maybe this contribution could be what you're looking for: Ajax Buy Now

Cheers,

Nap

Has anyone got a working example of this I can have a look at

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Hi, I am having a hell of a time getting the Encrypted Web Payments working.

I created my own public and private key using openssl and uploaded them to the server (I am being hosted by Netfirms). I downloaded the public key from Paypal and copied down the paypal public certificate ID. Netfirms told me the location of openssl on their server (see below). The problem I am having is that everytime I enable the Encrypted Web Payments I get this server error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I emailed Netfirms customer support and they haven't been much help. Can anyone help me work through this problem?

Here is how I setup the Paypal Module.

False

Your Private Key

/mnt/w0002/d09/s37/b028d2c4/www/ssl/privkey.pem

Your Public Certificate

/mnt/w0002/d09/s37/b028d2c4/www/ssl/cacert.pem

PayPals Public Certificate

/mnt/w0002/d09/s37/b028d2c4/www/ssl/paypal_cert_pem.txt

VX2Z9A2EKV6KQ

Working Directory

/mnt/w0002/d09/s37/b028d2c4/www/temp/

OpenSSL Location

/usr/local/nf

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Joe

I have read thru the thread, but I can't seem to find this one. My problem has to do with an unverified customer account with PP. If the customer is verified, then all the address info is passed thru to PP in the order and seller protection is offered. Of course, I can just print the shipping label from PP at this point as well.

When the customer is unverified, there's no address info passed thru to PP. I can type it in manually, but this can lead to errors and that's not good customer service.

Please let me know if there's a fix for this. I would like to see the address info in PP even when the customer is unverified.

Many thanks!

Edited by stickypod

Anyone can buy a camera... it's what you do with it that counts!

Sticky Pod

www.stickypod.com

Hi, I am having a hell of a time getting the Encrypted Web Payments working.

I created my own public and private key using openssl and uploaded them to the server (I am being hosted by Netfirms). I downloaded the public key from Paypal and copied down the paypal public certificate ID. Netfirms told me the location of openssl on their server (see below). The problem I am having is that everytime I enable the Encrypted Web Payments I get this server error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I emailed Netfirms customer support and they haven't been much help. Can anyone help me work through this problem?

Here is how I setup the Paypal Module.

False

Your Private Key

/mnt/w0002/d09/s37/b028d2c4/www/ssl/privkey.pem

Your Public Certificate

/mnt/w0002/d09/s37/b028d2c4/www/ssl/cacert.pem

VX2Z9A2EKV6KQ

Working Directory

/mnt/w0002/d09/s37/b028d2c4/www/temp/

OpenSSL Location

/usr/local/nf

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

Joe

change Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

and make it true.

rename paypal_cert_pem.txt to paypal_cert.pem

and check if working directory if 777

Is it possible to offer free downloads e.g. for "promotion purposes"?

I've searched this topic for the keyford "free", but did not found any solution:(

If I'm currently have a downloadable product with price and weight 0, and have the PayPal IPN module activated, I'm not able to download it for free.

I'm anyway forwarded on the confirmation page to paypal.

Can anyone help, pls?

change Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

and make it true.

rename paypal_cert_pem.txt to paypal_cert.pem

and check if working directory if 777

I renamed the paypal file, update the module settings and double checked the working directory....no change

does anyone else have any suggestions?

I received this email back from Netfirms, maybe someone can answer the question for me.

We would like you to confirm with the module developer what are the specific server requirements for the module

in question. If the encryption requires the usage of ION Cube encoder/decoder, please be advised that this is

currently not supported, but will be included in our future upgrades soon.

Can anyone answer the bolded part?

I renamed the paypal file, update the module settings and double checked the working directory....no change

does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hi Joe, I don't know about the bolded part, but here's something I noticed.

Back on page 65 of this thread in post #1315 Nap BlownApart said that his host said:

3. Upload your public cert, private key, and the Paypal public cert to the /admin folder. That folder should be password protected by Web Protect in Cpanel.

I don't know why this would be and I don't know why it would matter - but that doesn't mean much, because there's A LOT I don't know. But it's just a thought...

morcar,

The reason for the Web Protect is because osCommerce's admin functions are not secure. Anyone that points their browser at the admin page will get access to it unless you've setup a userid/password for that folder.

With regards to CHMOD permissions, osCommerce usually warns you at the top of the screen if there is a problem.

The other thing which you haven't mentioned here is what email address you're using.

At the top of the setup page, you have to enter the 'E-Mail Address'. This email address has to match the address of the PayPal account you're linking to. Which must be a business account.

Further below you have to enter a debug email address. This can be any email, and should be one that you have access to.

Also note that if you're using the TESTING server, you will need to create new/mirror accounts in the PayPal Sandbox.

Make sure the Sort Order of Display is not 0.

Cheers,

Nap

Hi Joe, I don't know about the bolded part, but here's something I noticed.

Back on page 65 of this thread in post #1315 Nap BlownApart said that his host said:

3. Upload your public cert, private key, and the Paypal public cert to the /admin folder. That folder should be password protected by Web Protect in Cpanel.

I don't know why this would be and I don't know why it would matter - but that doesn't mean much, because there's A LOT I don't know. But it's just a thought...

I tried it out....no change. :(

This is frustrating. Has anyone who is using this module been hosted by Netfirms?

Help.... I am a little bit (maybe alot) confused? Please Help. I downloaded this contribution (osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.3 For 2.2MS2

), unzipped it and found 11 files:

1 html, 3 php and 7 text files.

The HTML file is the installation guide. Within that guide, item #1 under ?Installation? states:

1. Copy the files in the directory structure set in the contribution download file to your osCommerce installation directory.

Note: Be sure to also copy the new "ext" directory to the catalog root directory..

The only reference to the ?ext directory? is in the install.html file, there is nothing in the downloaded contribution that contains a directory structure.

So:

Did I download the wrong thing?

Do I create an ?ext? directory under catalog (do not currently have one) and add the new contribution php files to it?

Or what????

I must be missing something because I cannot find anything in the postings on this forum that suggests anyone else is or has experienced this problem.

Would appreciate any help/insight I can get... Thanks

The number/type of files you mention is the same as mine.

When I unzipped the contribution on my machine at home (using the folder option), there is a folder called 'ext' that is a sub-folder of 'catalog'.

The root folder of your osCommerce install is normally 'catalog'. So when you upload the files with a FTP client, you should end up with the 'ext' folder as a sub-folder of 'catalog'.

Cheers,

Nap

The reason for the Web Protect is because osCommerce's admin functions are not secure. Anyone that points their browser at the admin page will get access to it unless you've setup a userid/password for that folder.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

Make sure the Sort Order of Display is not 0.

Why is that?

The Sort Order of Display sets the order of the payment options shown in the Checkout phase.

So if you set it to 1, it will show as the first option, etc. I think if it's 0, then it won't show.

On my site, I have PayPal IPN as option 1, and Check/Money Order as 2.

Cheers,

Nap

Edited by Nap BlownApart

Well downloads are available once payment status is set as per the config set up for download.

You need to set that properly so it does not allow downloads unless that payment status has been achieved.

Satish

Is it possible to offer free downloads e.g. for "promotion purposes"?

I've searched this topic for the keyford "free", but did not found any solution:(

If I'm currently have a downloadable product with price and weight 0, and have the PayPal IPN module activated, I'm not able to download it for free.

I'm anyway forwarded on the confirmation page to paypal.

Can anyone help, pls?

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

The number/type of files you mention is the same as mine.

When I unzipped the contribution on my machine at home (using the folder option), there is a folder called 'ext' that is a sub-folder of 'catalog'.

The root folder of your osCommerce install is normally 'catalog'. So when you upload the files with a FTP client, you should end up with the 'ext' folder as a sub-folder of 'catalog'.

Cheers,

Nap

Thank You Nap Blown Apart..... I unzipped using the folder option and..There it was.... I am appreciative and indebted.

Thanks Again,

Waldeje :thumbsup:

Does anyone know what would happen if I can't get a Public Certificate and Private Key from my host?

I have installed osCommerce with an optional SSL 128-bit encryption.

When customers log in to their accounts, they're on a secure connection - from the moment they hit the login screen. It's got the https and the little padlock in the browser. That secure connection continues throughout the entire time they're logged on to their account. I.E., if they log on before adding items to their cart, they continue to have a secure connection all the way through checkout and up till they're transfered to PayPal's secure payment page.

Do I still need the Pub Cert & Priv Key from my host? I've heard a rumor (still unconfirmed) that my host doesn't support that. I'm on shared SSL by the way.

Thanks,

Morcar

Morcar,

Regarding part 1 of your last post, I'm not sure what will happen. But I think that without a Cert and Key, you won't get Secure Transactions. Can anyone else comment?

Regarding part 2 of you last post, I am on a shared SSL as well, and my host was able to provide the Cert and Key I needed.

Cheers,

Nap

Well downloads are available once payment status is set as per the config set up for download.

You need to set that properly so it does not allow downloads unless that payment status has been achieved.

Satish

I have installed the download controller contribution and the paypal ipn contrib.

So Downloads are only available after payments have been verified from paypal.

But for free download products, there shouldn't be any necessity to be redirected to paypal when a free download product has been choosen.

Does anyone know what would happen if I can't get a Public Certificate and Private Key from my host?

I have installed osCommerce with an optional SSL 128-bit encryption.

When customers log in to their accounts, they're on a secure connection - from the moment they hit the login screen. It's got the https and the little padlock in the browser. That secure connection continues throughout the entire time they're logged on to their account. I.E., if they log on before adding items to their cart, they continue to have a secure connection all the way through checkout and up till they're transfered to PayPal's secure payment page.

Do I still need the Pub Cert & Priv Key from my host? I've heard a rumor (still unconfirmed) that my host doesn't support that. I'm on shared SSL by the way.

Thanks,

Morcar

I wrote a guide about the payment data encryption a while ago, check it out, it might help you.

SSL setup in Paypal IPN module

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

The downlaod controller does not check this.

And if there was a zero payment you are not directed to paypal.

So its not very clear.

You need to change the code so that apart from order status it checks the product price and allows for download if price is Zero.

Satish Mantri

I have installed the download controller contribution and the paypal ipn contrib.

So Downloads are only available after payments have been verified from paypal.

But for free download products, there shouldn't be any necessity to be redirected to paypal when a free download product has been choosen.

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Current situation:

In my case: If I have a download product with price 0 and I arrive at the checkout point:

The checkout process tells me that currently there is only one payment option available: which is: PayPal IPN.

When I continue with the checkout, I am redirected to paypal to login and pay. :blink:

OK, now you are recommending, that I need to change the code that it allows for download if price is zero.

As I am a non programmer :blush: I was searching for an available "done" solution. :-"

The downlaod controller does not check this.

And if there was a zero payment you are not directed to paypal.

So its not very clear.

You need to change the code so that apart from order status it checks the product price and allows for download if price is Zero.

Satish Mantri

Hi!

I installed this contribution, version 1.3 en it works perfect. But... I would like to charge my customers a fee of 3 or 4% if they pay by creditcard. How can I do this?

I tried several contributions to do this but none of them function well. I found one that was based on an older version of this contribution and I was not able to change this new version.

I installed this contribution, version 1.3 en it works perfect. But... I would like to charge my customers a fee of 3 or 4% if they pay by creditcard. How can I do this?

I believe this is against PayPal's term & conditions. I'd check them carefully - basically, PayPal stipulates that you are not allowed to charge customers a fee for using PayPal as their payment method. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **