• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Hi Terra,

Finally got it to work. The problem is have to enable register_globals in every directory that I use by copying over a php.ini file. The ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn dir did not have register globals enabled. Thanks for your time. I had register globals turned on everywhere else so it didn't occur to me that the ipn file didn't have it turned on.

Thanks

I'm a female of the species - but translations are welcome. German I can handle myself, but everything else is good. Actually, given how little text there is to translate, I just never bothered before - if you need more languages, just copy the language level as needed. Any translations can also be posted on this thread & I'll pick them up in the next update. Terra

Hi Terra,

I can supply you with the Dutch translation if you want.

Any news on a new version (with my wishlist included ofcourse :-" ) ?

:lol: :thumbsup:

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

Finally got it to work. The problem is have to enable register_globals in every directory that I use by copying over a php.ini file. The ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn dir did not have register globals enabled. Thanks for your time. I had register globals turned on everywhere else so it didn't occur to me that the ipn file didn't have it turned on.

Ah - didn't think of that. I have a php.ini my route only so this problem never occured. Well, never too old to learn! Thanks for posting the solution on this thread - will help others with a similar setp-up / problem. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Hi Terra,

Can you paste a link to the updated contrib (if there is any) so that people like me jumping into this thread some way on it, can be safe they are applying fixes to the right version.

Cheers

Things still to do before going "live" in no real order...

Change "buy now buttons" css styles

Change "lets see what we have here" into something meaningfull

Main logo of the website

Sort out currency to make site UK only (at present)

Remove "xx requests since" stuff

Update mainpage :D

Move shopping cart status into header

Add in stock status to product listing page

Define styles for product listing standardisation

Change CSS background for Headings

Increase Category size headings

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Hi Terra,

Can you paste a link to the updated contrib (if there is any) so that people like me jumping into this thread some way on it, can be safe they are applying fixes to the right version.

Cheers

The link in the first post of this thread is still valid. The contribution system is set to store all versions under the same reference. The latest version is the first item listed.

--Glen

:D Hi

just to keep you updated I have posted a request upon the paypal forum, yesterday.

I have not had any replies as yet, I will let you know if I have any positive help.

:'(

Dave

:D Hi

just back from the paypal developer site. The resolve to the verification of sandbox accounts was to change the phone number. If one has been used by another on the sandbox it appears that no one else can have it.

Once the phone number was changed it validated the accounts. Hope this helps, I am working at present and will not be able to test the system until then.

Regards

Dave

:sweating:

Have i missed something here or am I not reading thing correctly.

Ive just setup this mod (thansk terra and those who said to get the mod from page one on here :D )

When the inital payment is started it sets the value of the order status to "processing IPN". When payment is done and made and the users has come back to the website, id like to set it to processing. Ive selected what i think was needed but the status doesnt change, despite sucesfull payment.

Any ideas?

Main logo of the website

Used mods so far:- basic_design_pack1mk7 | Google XML sitemap w admin | Paypal IPN v 1.2 | Feedmachine | pricematch_1_3_1 | Dynamic Sitemap 1.6 | Whos online Enhancement | Easypopulate 2.72

Each one that I solve I;ll be putting a post on the forum in a "completed shop" thread that Im writing up

Have i missed something here or am I not reading thing correctly.

Ive just setup this mod (thansk terra and those who said to get the mod from page one on here :D )

When the inital payment is started it sets the value of the order status to "processing IPN". When payment is done and made and the users has come back to the website, id like to set it to processing. Ive selected what i think was needed but the status doesnt change, despite sucesfull payment.

Any ideas?

The status is changed by catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php when PayPal accesses that page upon successful completion of the payment. It will be set to the status value that you selected in the module's settings for "Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status". Set this value to "Processing" if that is what you want.

If the status isn't changing automatically, then there is a problem with the IPN notification process. Common troubles include:

1. You didn't put ipn.php in the right place. It has to be nested like that so that PHP can find the include files because of these lines:

chdir('../../../../');
 require('includes/application_top.php');

2. There is a problem with permissions on that file, or its folder. Try accessing the page <http://mysite/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php> with your browser. If it's working, you'll get a blank page, and not an error message. If you get an error, fix it.

If you entered a debug email address in the module settings, you will also receive a message with the subject "PayPal IPN Invalid Process". This will indicate that the page is being accessed correctly. If you are receiving these emails on actual transactions, the content should provide a clue as to the nature of the problem.

3. Someone posted quite recently that they needed a php.ini file in the folder to enable register_globals. This may or may not be an issue for you.

These are the main things that I can think of at the moment. When I installed this module, it just worked.

--Glen

Hi SteveDallas,

Thanks for the hints. I went to my dir when the ipn.php was and i got the error about register_globals. I copied my php.ini file there and viola I didnt get the error. Just about to do some testing now and see what happens.

WHilst I remember, can you remember the setting so that it either passes the address to paypal or forces people to enter their address.

Also can you modify the paypal page in any way tto make the "Dont have a paypal account.. click here" to something better?

TIA

Main logo of the website

Having a problem and looking for some help. I can not get in touch with my web guy after he launched my site. So I thought I would ask my question here.

My only payment option is Paypal and COD. The option COD is working great. But the Paypal is only working sometimes. It looks as if a person is unverified or uses the other option in Paypal to use there credit card with out having an account. Oscom will not generate an invoice this is really messing me up. Has anyone encountered this problem or know of a fix does it have anything to do with the IPN??

Thanks?.

Hello Terra,

I've ben reading support threads all day and they are starting to run together to where I don't know if this was covered or not.

In setting this up on test store before I install to a live one, I'm not understanding what to do or what to put in a couple places in your install guide. Here's where I'm completely confuzzled:

Your Private Key

The location and filename of your private key to use for signing the order data.

Your Public Certificate

The location and filename of your public certificate to use for signing the order data.

PayPal's Public Certificate

The location and filename of the PayPal public key to use for encrypting the order data.

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

The public certificate ID that PayPal should use to decrypt the encrypted order data.

Note: This is defined at your PayPal Encrypted Payment Settings Profile page.

What exactly do I need to put in there and where do I get it?

I've been playing around on the PayPal Sandbox for hours and since their only help pdf is in Chinese...needless to day I'm crosseyed right now.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Keith

Hello Terra,

I've ben reading support threads all day and they are starting to run together to where I don't know if this was covered or not.

In setting this up on test store before I install to a live one, I'm not understanding what to do or what to put in a couple places in your install guide. Here's where I'm completely confuzzled:

What exactly do I need to put in there and where do I get it?

I've been playing around on the PayPal Sandbox for hours and since their only help pdf is in Chinese...needless to day I'm crosseyed right now.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Keith

I'm in the same boat you are Keith. The instructions for configuring the inp are a little vague to say the least.

I'm at the same place you are so can anyone offer any help with this?

Thanks

Guy

Well, This is one contribution that really needs help. The installation is very easy to preform however, setting it up is a little different. The setup instructions are VERY vague in there discription and leave a lot to be desired for someone that is trying to set it up.

Authors of contributions should realize that the majority of people using OSC and there contribution may not have all the skills nessessary to complete the contribution without detailed instrutions on how to DO IT.

After searcheing 60 some pages of BS in the threads concerning this contribution I come to the conclusion that is was not and is not ready to be distributied in the form it is in. JMHO!

Guy Fuller

I FOUND A BUG.

Say you have 2 different shipping options, $5 normal, $10 Express.

1. Buyer selects say shipping of $10

2. Buyer confirms the order and is sent to PayPal site

3. Buyer decides to change the shipping option and clicks back in the browser

4. Buyer is then brought back to your sight and changes the shipping option

5. Buyer selects different shipping option say $5

6. Clicks confirm order AGAIN, shipping is changed at PayPal, BUT on the Admin side if you click order details the buyers shipping shows the original $10 that was initially selected.

It doesn't update the shipping if it gets changed. I tried to do this if the buyer changes the items in the cart and it works but there seems to be a problem to the orders shipping details not updating in the Admin side of OSC. Do you have a fix, or have you noticed this problem?

It doesn't update the shipping if it gets changed. I tried to do this if the buyer changes the items in the cart and it works but there seems to be a problem to the orders shipping details not updating in the Admin side of OSC. Do you have a fix, or have you noticed this problem?
Yes, it's a bug and no, I haven't got a fix. Sorry! Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

paypal_ipn.php,v 1.3.0.0 2006/06/22

I have the above version of the Paypal IPN installed. My customer has some custom fields I added, one of them an engraving field that pass the custom text.

This was working fine till I installed the IPN, which I had to becuase payments were not getting recorded in OSC.

Now when the custom field is passed it is passed as TEXT. It seems to delete what the user entered and places a stock TEXT in the field.

Help?!?!?

Thanks in Advance!

Miz

---------------------

Contributions

New Fields with Easy Populate

Remove Category Images

Hopefully can find a cure here, recently i just installed paypal ipn v1.3,its very easy to install and working fine unless the paypal verify comments box.After customer paid, in the order page i can see the order status with Preparing [PayPal IPN], but there is nothing in comments box, i read in forums that usually will recieve something like this "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $56.84)]", is really bother me that each time i have log in to paypal to verify manually,please help.

P/s i have installed improve order number contribution that require a minor modify in ipn.php to recieve the order email with improved order number

Hopefully can find a cure here, recently i just installed paypal ipn v1.3,its very easy to install and working fine unless the paypal verify comments box.After customer paid, in the order page i can see the order status with Preparing [PayPal IPN], but there is nothing in comments box, i read in forums that usually will recieve something like this "PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Unverified; $56.84)]", is really bother me that each time i have log in to paypal to verify manually,please help.

P/s i have installed improve order number contribution that require a minor modify in ipn.php to recieve the order email with improved order number

If the status doesn't update, PayPal cannot access ipn.php, or your change to it has caused a problem. The first step would be to verify that you can access ipn.php through your browser. It should bring up a blank page with no error messages. If you have enabled debug email, you should also receive an email message entitled "PayPal IPN Invalid Process". This message is generated whenever ipn.php cannot process the POST variables sent to it. When you access ipn.php from your browser, there are no POST variables, so you get the email.

If accessing ipn.php results in an error message displayed in the browser, you will need to find the cause of the error and fix it. At that point, real transactions should get updated status automatically.

--Glen

may you tell me is the ipn.php is in which folder?

http://yourdomain/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

enter this in your browser and see if you get an error message, mine said register globals disabled in php.ini so change this and now it works

best wishes,

Karen

Yes, it's a bug and no, I haven't got a fix. Sorry! Terra

Do you think you will fix that soon, or can it be fixed?

I also use an IP recorder Order_IP_Recorder_1.3, this IP recorder works great with other orders however with your PayPal contribution it fails to work, I wonder where in the code I can fix it, any ideas?

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...IP_Recorder_1.3

I think it may have to do with the order process somewhere but I can't figure it out.

Thanks

Do you think you will fix that soon, or can it be fixed?

I also use an IP recorder Order_IP_Recorder_1.3, this IP recorder works great with other orders however with your PayPal contribution it fails to work, I wonder where in the code I can fix it, any ideas?

I think it may have to do with the order process somewhere but I can't figure it out.

Thanks

I have posted the 'fix' for Order_IP_Recorder to work with osC_Paypal_IPN in this thread. Please search for answers before asking. It's here.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

First, i have to say thank you for those who helping me to solve the problem,finally i found out the cure, for those that have same probem with me,just enable register_global in php.ini or

1. Edit the .htaccess file in the public_html folder

2. Add the following lines into the .htaccess file:php_flag register_globals on

3. Save the .htaccess file

i believe this shall solve all the problem.

Thanks

This applies to any contribution that modifies checkout_process.php when using this PayPal IPN contribution, due to the way that the module pre-empts most of the code in checkout_process. From the installation instructions for this module:

Note: Rule of thumb - whenever you make ANY change to checkout_process.php you MUST manually merge the change into paypal_ipn.php

It is highlighted in red in the installation instructions for a reason.

Add this to your checklist of things to do when adding new contributions.

--Glen