• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Thanks for the reply Terra, its just started doing that order already paid prob again, so want to go about changing the order numbers to much higher, but not exactly sure which file I would need to edit in PHPMyadmin, thanks again

Sam

I guess by file you mean tables? You would need to amend the orders table and change the orders_id to higher. As it's an primary key, you should also change the relevant id in all the related order tables to keep the data in sync. I'd also recommend to carry this out on a dummy order you put in to avoid any problems for your customers. all the best, Terra

EDIT:

cross-posting, Gary's method below sounds safer, so please follow his advice.

Edited by Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Thanks for the reply Terra, its just started doing that order already paid prob again, so want to go about changing the order numbers to much higher, but not exactly sure which file I would need to edit in PHPMyadmin, thanks again

Sam

See page 106 of the OSC documentation.pdf

Reset The Order ID Value

New orders that are made with new osCommerce installations start with the ID of 1.

This value can be reset so that new orders are assigned an ID from a specific starting range, for example from 1000.

With PHPMyadmin the following SQL query needs to be executed with MySQL:

alter table orders auto_increment = 1000;

(Modify the number to meet your needs. Some value above your current last order ID number)

The above query will assign an ID of 1000 to the next order made. The ID can be set to any number, however as the orders_id field in the database is of type signed integer, the ID must exist in the following range: -2147483648 to 2147483647

Higher ID numbers can be achieved by converting the orders_id field type from signed integer to unsigned integer, which allows the following range to be used: 0 to 4294967295

I was planning on installing this module, PayPal IPN_v1.2, however I no longer see it listed in the Payment Module contributions? Where has it gone? Which Paypal IPN is most stable?

Don't panic - here it is:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679

happy coding! Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

Please n1 here could help me, please? I'm going Crazy cos' i can see there r too many people with this module running so well, but i cannot... and i dont know why..

Can you confirm that Registered Globals is ON on your server? If in doubt, please check with your hosting company. Please note that this module won't work with Register Globals being OFF. If that's not the problem, please post back & we'll take another look.

all the best, Terra

Can you confirm that Registered Globals is ON on your server? If in doubt, please check with your hosting company. Please note that this module won't work with Register Globals being OFF. If that's not the problem, please post back & we'll take another look.

all the best, Terra

First of all, thnx for the answer Terra...

Yes, i can confirm it. Phpinfo() tells me that Register Globals (as local value and master value). Php ver 4.3.10.

In order to you to get more data, i can see in access log file the post with 200 status (ok):

ipn.sandbox.paypal.com - - [13/Jun/2006:14:45:02 +0200] "POST /catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php HTTP/1.0" 200 - "-" "-"

I think i'v configured too the sandbox seller account IPN notification section to Enabled with the url:

"http://mydomain/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php"

As Paypal said that all variables had to be passed and returned to Paypal, I was thinking to wrote inside ipn.php some lines in order to get into a file the variables Paypal post to my server, and wrote too the variables i return to paypal (catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php, isn't it?). I'v seen the "Confirm" Button to confirm the Order and Do payment in my osCommerce shop, in order to see what i'm sending to Paypal, and i can see this Form variables:

"

<form name="checkout_confirmation" action="https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">

<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="My Eshop">

<input type="hidden" name="shipping" value="0.00">

<input type="hidden" name="tax">

<input type="hidden" name="business" value="[email protected]">

<input type="hidden" name="amount" value="2.00">

<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="EUR">

<input type="hidden" name="invoice" value="10">

<input type="hidden" name="custom" value="3">

<input type="hidden" name="no_shipping" value="1">

<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">

<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php">

<input type="hidden" name="return" value="http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/checkout_process.php?osCsid=e24b743c4e33f09bd8442c46c29a2d26">

<input type="hidden" name="cancel_return" value="http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/checkout_payment.php?osCsid=e24b743c4e33f09bd8442c46c29a2d26">

<input type="hidden" name="bn" value="osCommerce PayPal IPN v1.0">

<input type="hidden" name="page_style" value="Paypal">

<input type="image" src="includes/languages/espanol/images/buttons/button_confirm_order.gif" border="0" alt="Confirmar Pedido" title=" Confirmar Pedido ">

</form>

"

Thanks again Terra!... hope we can detect the mistake and solve it together!

Hi Xvilar!

Okay - you do NOT need to activate the IPN in your PayPal acccount - please turn it OFF as this has caused problems with others on this thread before. Please see this post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=872313

PayPal communicates both with ipn.php and checkout_process.php (which pulls in paypal_ipn.php) and given your server settings, it *should* work. Please have a look at your PayPal account settings (turn IPN off) and if that does not help, please post back.

all the best, Terra

Hi Xvilar!

Okay - you do NOT need to activate the IPN in your PayPal acccount - please turn it OFF as this has caused problems with others on this thread before. Please see this post:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=872313

PayPal communicates both with ipn.php and checkout_process.php (which pulls in paypal_ipn.php) and given your server settings, it *should* work. Please have a look at your PayPal account settings (turn IPN off) and if that does not help, please post back.

all the best, Terra

Hi Terra, i think i was able to locate the mistake. In ipn.php i'v made 2 simple mods:

Line 34: // } elseif (function_exists('curl_exec')) { -> just Commented

Line 35: // $curl = true; -> just Commented

It seems that are many problems with Curl in my hosting provider... i'v commented this lines, forced to use fsocket connection mode.... and without ssl... Now i'm GETTING VERIFIED...

Hope than this workarround help somebody somewhere....

Now i'v to configure Downloads Controller 5.3 in order to sell my digital goods !!!!! (do you now some about Terra??? hahhahaah)

Thanks to all, specially to Terra!

Hi Terra, i think i was able to locate the mistake. In ipn.php i'v made 2 simple mods:

Line 34: // } elseif (function_exists('curl_exec')) { -> just Commented

Line 35: // $curl = true; -> just Commented

It seems that are many problems with Curl in my hosting provider... i'v commented this lines, forced to use fsocket connection mode.... and without ssl... Now i'm GETTING VERIFIED...

Well done - didn't even occur to me that CURL might be the culprit ... I guess as my own hosting provider I'm a bit spoilt as I know our servers work. However you solved it though, I hope the data is still sent encrypted? Unencrypted data just doesn't sound good at all to me. All the best for your site! Terra

Well done - didn't even occur to me that CURL might be the culprit ... I guess as my own hosting provider I'm a bit spoilt as I know our servers work. However you solved it though, I hope the data is still sent encrypted? Unencrypted data just doesn't sound good at all to me. All the best for your site! Terra

Now i'm trying to solve the Download Controller contribution mistakes i'v (verified, but status doesnt changes to Download Avalaible... hope that this curl commented lines doesn't make it crash... is it???? Later will change to ssl/https encrypted transacttions... :-) I think that socket ssl connection with php 4.3.10 will be run so well as curl...

D u know if there are a Official Download Controller Support Thread?

Thnks again my friend... cya!

Terra, i'v seen that i ever get

06/15/2006 1 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $2.77)]

It's normal to have Pending when the payment is Verified and Completed from Paypal??

Thanks m8!

Hello I want to say I appreciate the information that I have learned trying to modify my site as an inexperienced person. I am finishing up my site, I think, and am trying to make sure that things are fine before I start taking orders. I came upon this information regarding Paypal modifications and dropping orders. I have read through these threads and have decided to attempt this install. The only other contribution I have installed is the THREE IMAGES contribution.

First, however, can someone tell me how I can test this without testing in my live site??? I am confused about that. After months of a novice trying to customize as best I can, I would hate to mess up my work. Also, in the instructions it says, "You must set the module to send in Aggregate mode and also set 'Move tax to total amount' to True for this module to work properly."

Can someone tell me what exactly does that mean???

AND THIS...Copy the files in the directory structure set in the contribution download file to your osCommerce installation directory.

Note: Be sure to also copy the new "ext" directory to the catalog root directory..???

Sorry but I have no programming backround and am doing my best... THANKS!

Edited by skeeweeaka

06/15/2006 1 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $2.77)]

It's normal to have Pending when the payment is Verified and Completed from Paypal??

Xvila - yes, that's normal, although you can easily change it. In your admin area where you configure the IPN, you can change this setting:

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

to whatever order status you want.

Terra

Hi skeeweeaka - please find my reply below:

The only other contribution I have installed is the THREE IMAGES contribution.

Shouldn't be a problem - the main worry are any changes to "checkout_process.php" as these have to be duplicated in the IPN.

First, however, can someone tell me how I can test this without testing in my live site??? I am confused about that. After months of a novice trying to customize as best I can, I would hate to mess up my work.

You need a PayPal Developer account and set up Sandbox accounts. It's not hard but unfortunately quite a confusing process for newcomers, so please read the instructions on the PayPal Developer site carefully. You can switch between live & test mode in your admin area once you have installed the module. PayPal developer site: https://developer.paypal.com

And as always - BACK UP your files and database! That way, you can back-track if necessary.

Also, in the instructions it says, "You must set the module to send in Aggregate mode and also set 'Move tax to total amount' to True for this module to work properly."

This refers to your payment module configurations in your admin area - once you have installed the module, you will see the various options which you then can configure.

Be sure to also copy the new "ext" directory to the catalog root directory..???

This just means that you need to copy all files into your site, including the new directory called "ext" and its content. As it's a new folder, the instructions just highlight it, so you don't forget to create the new folder.

all the best, Terra

Thank you for fast response...I am thrilled at your quickness. However, I was impatient and made the changes as I thought there were outlined... In the folders provided, I copied all of the contents to the catalog root directory and uploaded it.... Of course, I see nothing...now what... I did backup my database and catalog folder prior to this, however. So do I reverse everything back to it's original and then proceed with the Paypal side...???

I just signed up for the Payal software and am checking for my access...

THANKS, TERRY

Okay the Paypal sandbox testing is out because I am totally lost there. Can someone help me with the install on my site... ??? As I said, I added the folders that were missing from the install guide.

I added Ext folder to catalog as outlined...

I added the includes folder...

I added the module...that includes the ipn file

I uploaded the files...

Now what????

Okay now what to put in these fields.... I input what I know about, the others I have no clue... Could someone help.... THANKS!

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Move tax to total amount

False

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Selected Currency

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Xvila - yes, that's normal, although you can easily change it. In your admin area where you configure the IPN, you can change this setting:

to whatever order status you want.

Terra

Hiya Terra, with the values:

Set Preparing Order Status -> 3 Payment Processing

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status -> 4 Delivered

I ever get:

Fisrt: 15/06/2006 3 Processing Payment

Later: 15/06/2006 1 Pending PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; 3.48EUR)] ????

Is there something about two ipn.php (34-35) lines i'v commented? Remember it only gets off Curl_exec check.

Thanks again m8!!

To skeeweeaka, search this forum for help before you post questions.

Check this thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177853 and skip the Download Controller part.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

looks okay, just two suggestion:

Move tax to total - TRUE

Transaction type - AGGREGATE

As long as CURL works on your server, you don't have to worry about the encryption settings as CURL kicks in automatically if available.

less hassle that way. all the best, Terra

To skeeweeaka, search this forum for help before you post questions.

Check this thread http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=177853 and skip the Download Controller part.

Hahhahaha lol: i was replying to say same than Alex... As i can see Alex an Terra lookout both threads i'm using... will continue my experience and mistakes under this Official Paypal IPN Support Thread... in order to not flood the forum... So Alex, u can read and reply me here ok?

Thnk both mans.... u rockz!

Well thanks guys, but I did check the forum first before adding any of this. I've been at this for about 4-5 hours. Unfortunately, I'm a novice and have no clue what I'm looking for sorry... I read as much as I could and it all sounded greek. I saw where someone else posted this same question at the beginning of the forum and there was no response. The responses were only to coding requirements... Sorry for duplicating, but I'm doing my best here...

I understand that you probably get the same question, but I don't really know what else to do...

Terry

Hi,

very great contrib but just one thing, does anyone know how can work do for the mail? I recieve ( me and the custommers) only basic emails ( no html )

i have Fancier Invoice and Packingslip and i don't know how the make working with this contrib..

xavier

Hello! I have the chiwawa's version (April 23 2006) installed and i would like to upgrade to the new version... could anyone tell me the exact changes in the code or where I can find them? The installation file doesn't say anything about upgrades... should I overwrite all the ipn files?

Thank you!

Simone