• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

I installed the Official PayPal IPN Contribution Last night. i am sure that I have everything in the right position. I have combed over it many times. On my checkout_confirmation.php I am getting a laundry list of errors referencing the paypal IPN

Basket Sensations

Here are images of the error.

checkout_confirm1.jpg

checkout_confirm2.jpg

If I click the Confirm button I get an error on the paypal page 5032. I checked my paypal CERT ID and it is correct.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Look on your errors messages: you have a problem of path since there is .../pub_html/... and .../public_html/...

Regards,

Seller Protection Policy: Ineligible

Why is this what i get when i receive payments through paypal?Is there something i must do?Also when i look at the details of the paypal transaction there is no address there, is that it?If so how do i get the address passed on to paypal?

Why is this what i get when i receive payments through paypal?Is there something i must do?Also when i look at the details of the paypal transaction there is no address there, is that it?If so how do i get the address passed on to paypal?

Anybody please?I have searched the forums but cant find anything..

I have searched and found nothing.Please someone help me out here..

Hey Ya'll -

Our PayPal IPN has worked great, but we've installed the CCGV1.51a Coupon and Gift Voucher contribution, and the IPN doens't seem compatble. They give you PayPal IPN files, but they don't work just right.

What happens is that when you apply the coupon code and redeem it, your total is reduced - but when you confirm the order, it takes you to PayPal (via the IPN) but does NOT show the discounted price - it still shows the original price.

Has anyone been successfuly in changing this file so that it will properly see the "new" total after the discount was applied by the coupon code?

Thanks!

FRED

I have the same problem. Its only off just a little but somethings not right.

Eddie

Maybe this thread is not supported anymore?Anyways i did some reading and i seen where you changed 0 to 1 or something like that so i did i geuss ill wait and see with the next order.

About line 328 of includes/modules/paypal_ipn.php replaced this:

CODE $parameters['no_shipping'] = '1';

with this:

CODE$parameters['no_shipping'] = '0';

Another post somewhere later explained it as "1" is for "intangible" items... "0" is for "tangible"- i.e. something that needs to be shipped!

Thats what ive used now i will wait and see if it works..

Edited by greatlakes

Something isn't working with this contrib. It's going to be something wrong with the way I installed it I know, but I don't know what.

In Admin -> Paypal IPN I have not got any data althought I have had 10 or so paypal buyers since install.

In Admin -> Orders -> (Customer's Order details) I have the bog paypal box, but it shows no data eg:

Transaction Activity

Date Status Details Action Gross Fee Net Amount

No PayPal Transaction Information Available (53ff8a3afcd7d6e5064f0d525bf68976)

Can anyone offer any guidance?

Thanks

Jemma

Hello!

I'm testing paypal_ipn.php,v 1.1.2.2 2005/08/04 06:05:08 modified by Michael Sasek together with EmailOrderText_1_3 in the sandbox. Both work fine but not together. email_order_text produces nice looking html emails when other payment methods are selected. But when payment method is Paypal IPN the order confirmation email is sent to the customer with a blank body.

I recognized that the checkout_process.php is nearly completely contained in the paypal_ipn.php. So as the html email did not work I made exactly the same installation changes in both files. Paypal IPN still refused to send any text - also when the "Use MIME HTML When Sending Email" is set to "false".

Can anyone give me a piece of advise?

Hello!

I'm testing paypal_ipn.php,v 1.1.2.2 2005/08/04 06:05:08 modified by Michael Sasek together with EmailOrderText_1_3 in the sandbox. Both work fine but not together. email_order_text produces nice looking html emails when other payment methods are selected. But when payment method is Paypal IPN the order confirmation email is sent to the customer with a blank body.

I recognized that the checkout_process.php is nearly completely contained in the paypal_ipn.php. So as the html email did not work I made exactly the same installation changes in both files. Paypal IPN still refused to send any text - also when the "Use MIME HTML When Sending Email" is set to "false".

Can anyone give me a piece of advise?

There seems to be a major bug with the email portion of the paypal_ipn.php,v 1.1.2.2. I've been posting a request for help for 2 months now and it appears there is NO support for this module beyond what other users have submitted. it's a shame to because this is an awesome module IF it all worked. My guess is the developers got bored with it and went off on another project. So we seem to be on our own.

Did you have the same problem?

My problem is 2 fold.

#1 the so called "Official PayPal IPN module" does NOT update the product inventory at all when it enters an order into the database.

#2 IF the so called "Official PayPal IPN module" sends the customer an email it puts "ser" where the order number should be. BUT it only sends an email for maybe one in 5 orders.

Personally I am beginning to think it was a quick and bad hack to shut op the complaints on the PayPal module that's included in the main osCommerce download and then was forgotten by the people who wrote it. The PayPal module that comes with osCommerce is only there so people will think COOL I can use this with PayPal.... NOT! It's pathetic when someone names something the "Official" release of anything then never even looks back to see if the dam thing works right or bothers to answer any questions in the "Official" support thread.

My problem is 2 fold.

#1 the so called "Official PayPal IPN module" does NOT update the product inventory at all when it enters an order into the database.

#2 IF the so called "Official PayPal IPN module" sends the customer an email it puts "ser" where the order number should be. BUT it only sends an email for maybe one in 5 orders.

I think all of this (including my html email problem) is due to some confusion created by the code duplicates in papypal_ipn.php and checkout_process.php. I understand why the order has to be treated in the first in order to be sent to PayPal before entered into the database. But why do the last process tasks (email confirmation, stock update and update bestsellers list) also have to be done within the payment module, within the before_process - function???

I made the following:

1. outcommented the code in paypal_ipn.php between

// initialized for the email confirmation

and end of

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

with the exception of

tep_session_unregister('cart_PayPal_IPN_ID');

2. changed in checkout_process.php

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
$order_total_modules = new order_total;
$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

to

if(!class_exists('order_total')) {
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
$order_total_modules = new order_total;
$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();
}

(if you do not apply this there will be a fatal error "cannot redeclare class order_total...")

It works with one exception (stock and bestseller update not tested as I don't use them): The email confirmation does not contain the order totals. So I tried to add $order_totals to the global vars in function before_process in paypal_ipn.php:

function before_process() {
global $customer_id, $order, $sendto, $billto, $payment, $currencies, $cart, $cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, $order_totals;

Now the order totals showed up in the email but the the order was duplicated in the database - the first marked as verified by paypal the second as pending. In the paypal account only the first was showing up as completed.

I'm sure this is a small issue for a big programmer. Is anyone of them ever reading this "official support for paypal_ipn"?

Hi

Given the last 15 hours i've spent reading the all of the posts in this forum and on the rest of the community in the ipn threads, somehow Im not expecting a razor sharp instant solution but I hope i'm wrong ;)

If I do it means Im dumb and I can probably deal with that for a while...;)

anyway I have osc 2.2 installed with the official osc paypal ipn and I have set it up with a file in the download dir etc and followed the instructions for product attributes etc.

I am getting live payments in paypal and notifications... i have tried changing the setup in payments settings for all of the options for Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status Processing form

pending

precessing

delivered and also the

preparing paypal IPN

but i whatever i choose when i get returne to the OSC success page and then go to the order page there is no url for download showing anywhere

can someone please explain the correct config or protocol for getting to a url for downlaod after payment has been received. Also once this actually works can I inisert the reun url into paypals config settings to return to the correct page directly?

Many thanks from one now very tired person

my payment config is:

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

Move tax to total amount

False

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Only GBP

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

mypage

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display=1

Enable Encrypted Web Payments =False

others left blank are

Your Private Key

Your Public Certificate

PayPals Public Certificate

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

Working Directory= /temposc

OpenSSL Location = /usr/bin/openssl

Thanks in advance

W

Shipping be passed to paypal is not working for me.It passes a shipping fee just not the right one.For example i have shipping set at 7.00 and it looks right on the osc side, but when you go to paypal to pay it it only shows 5.00 for shipping.Can someone please help me?

but i whatever i choose when i get returne to the OSC success page and then go to the order page there is no url for download showing anywhere

One more sign that the duplicate code in paypal_ipn.php and checkout_process.php messes things up. If you look for

tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD, $sql_data_array);

you will see the whole identical code in both files. Obviously the code does not work properly when it is performed by paypal_ipn.php

Any more hints for this theory?

One more sign that the duplicate code in paypal_ipn.php and checkout_process.php messes things up. If you look for
tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS_DOWNLOAD, $sql_data_array);

you will see the whole identical code in both files. Obviously the code does not work properly when it is performed by paypal_ipn.php

Any more hints for this theory?

Actually it's nothing to do with IPN as I had the same problem before I installed IPN- I can't remember exactly what fixed as it was a while ago now but check you have the UK default currency set correctly as well as the product attributes. The answer is in this forum somewhere if you search for downloads but I will try and remember exactly and get back to you.

Best wishes,

ocellusad

Actually it's nothing to do with IPN as I had the same problem before I installed IPN- I can't remember exactly what fixed as it was a while ago now but check you have the UK default currency set correctly as well as the product attributes. The answer is in this forum somewhere if you search for downloads but I will try and remember exactly and get back to you.

Best wishes,

ocellusad

Thanks for your reply ocellusad

Did you psot in the forum where you found the solution...it may help me narrow things down a bit

Cheers

W

Ok hi again

Im still trying to get a download link

I have a download inside the dowload directory set to 755 and the othe pub set to 777

more investigation tells me that I can't select the 'option value' as no choices show in the dropdown field

Can someone expalin what the otpion value is or and is this crucial to getting a download link? and maybe also oe I can sort this error

Thanks in advance ;)

slowly getting there.. I hope i dont get too dispondent on the way before ... Ive been at this a week and its like having my teeth pulled without drugs :)

Ok hi again

Im still trying to get a download link

I have a download inside the dowload directory set to 755 and the othe pub set to 777

more investigation tells me that I can't select the 'option value' as no choices show in the dropdown field

Can someone expalin what the otpion value is or and is this crucial to getting a download link? and maybe also oe I can sort this error

Thanks in advance ;)

slowly getting there.. I hope i dont get too dispondent on the way before ... Ive been at this a week and its like having my teeth pulled without drugs :)

I should also say that I do have the default currency as GBP in all fields i.e paypal, and all OSC fields

I still havent found anything on the duplicate code you mention ocellusad