• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Anyone know how to get this Paypal module to add in shipping insurance. I have a shipping insurance module installed, and it shows the cost of the insurance on the osC total page. You go to complete the transaction, it takes you to the Paypal page, and the shipping insurance is gone!! Anyone else run inot this? Is there a fix?

Edited by AWLHobbies

Hi,

Sorry if I am asking this question in the wrong place. Although it has been asked many times, I have never seen a clear answer. There are many PayPal contributions, in addition to the default one that ships with osCommerce.

which one should I use, which version is best, and what is wrong with the default module?

thank you very much in advance for your insights / pointers on this.

Stephane

I love the IPN module. It has made my life so much easier... except for this one thing. It seems that PayPal and the PayPal module aren't speaking to each other in that any preferences that I set for receiveing website payments on the PayPal website are not reflected when I test my oscommerce site.

For instance, I have my preferences set to not ask for a telephone number and Auto Return on. But when I test my site (using a live account) as a non PayPal customer, it asks for my telephone and makes return to my site optional.

Also, PayPal has put a little prompt on my account saying that I need to integrate web payments to use on my site. I called their help line and they said it has to do with OsC, but the module works fine, it just doesn't utilize my preferences.

Any idea on how to fix this?

D

Anyone know how to get this Paypal module to add in shipping insurance. I have a shipping insurance module installed, and it shows the cost of the insurance on the osC total page. You go to complete the transaction, it takes you to the Paypal page, and the shipping insurance is gone!! Anyone else run inot this? Is there a fix?

Sales Tax and shipping insurance dont seem to show up untill the final step in the checkout process at paypal in my instalation.

I am still looking for a reason why my installation (with no modification) of the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2 sends order confirmation emails to my customers only part of the time and when it does the order number is now always "ser" in those emails. (the number is right in the database when I check)

Also the inventory is never updated by this module yet the Check/Money Order module always does.

Edited by ATVUtah

NOTHING the PayPal IPN module passes all the needed information to them. just turn on IPN nothing else.

I went to the paypal site and enabled IPN but i have to put in a notifcation URL.What URL do i use?Also My orders that are being paid iam not getting anything from paypal showing they have been paid.I think its got to do with IPN.

I went to the paypal site and enabled IPN but i have to put in a notifcation URL.What URL do i use?Also My orders that are being paid iam not getting anything from paypal showing they have been paid.I think its got to do with IPN.

The osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2 ( NOT the one listed with a TAX fix) passes the URL and all needed parameters in the transaction information it sends to PayPal.

ON PAYPAL in your Profile section:

Instant Payment Notification Preferences

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Off (I made an error when I said turn it on)

Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL: (blank)

Website Payment Preferences

Auto return: OFF

Return URL: (blank)

Payment Data Transfer (optional)

Payment Data Transfer: Off

PayPal Shipping Calculations

ALL set to "0.00" if you use any of the osCommerce shipping calculation modules. You can still use PayPal shipping, the amount is passed to PayPal by osCommerce in the transaction details.

When I had PayPal shipping calculations set to any value other than "0" the osCommerce data did NOT over rule PayPals and the customer was charged double for shipping.

A side note:

I discovered if you want to use PayPal's shipping lable system, and your not getting a "shipping address" from the buyer at PayPal, change the line at or about 328 in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php from

$parameters['no_shipping'] = '1';

To

$parameters['no_shipping'] = '2';

This will force the buyer re-enter their shipping address at the PayPal website. With the parameter set at 1 it is optional. Some complain it's a pain for the customer to have to enter an address again, but it is another way to confirm they are who they claim to be and provides the needed shipping address information that unfortunately the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module does not send to PayPal. One thread here said it was because of a security issue.

My system is taking PayPal payments perfectly and contrary to other posts the tax is passed to PayPal correctly. It just doesn't show up until a couple steps into the PayPal website process.

My only problem seems to be that my installation (with no modification or with those listed above) of the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2 sends order confirmation emails to my customers only part of the time and when it does the order number is now always "ser" in those emails. (the number is right in the database when I check)

Also the inventory is never updated by this module yet the Check/Money Order module always does.

Edited by ATVUtah

Ok i did as you said.Why iam i not getting any notification from paypal when i have received a payment?

are you seeing a payment arrive in PayPal?

#1 most important!! Is access to the "catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php" open to the public or behind a password restricted section? PayPal must be able to post data to this file or it all fails and I've read many here who had their installation behind a password wall to keep people out while they developed things. This also keeps PayPal out :(

In the osCommerce Admin section do you have the Gateway Server set to testing or live?

If your using the sandbox it's a pain in the @ss to say the least. You have to be logged in to the sandbox in another window. Then have both a fake seller and fake buyer setup, and have ALL of them match on both ends. I said fuggit and setup a personal account (this is allowed by their rules) on PayPal, sent it some (money from my confirmed Business account and then did my testing LIVE. When I was done I refunded the money back and all fee's got wiped out so it didn't cost me a dime and I KNEW it worked live without any BS typo errors.

This is what I have and I take in well over 100 orders a day via PayPal.

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

E-Mail Address

(your PayPal account email address)

Transaction Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Processing

Gateway Server

Live

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

--none--

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected] (so you get any error messages.)

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

False

Do you have Enable Encrypted Web Payments set to "true or "False"? I use "False" I didnt see a need for this section, maybe I'm wrong but there is no personal information being sent, simply products and prices. I also couldn't get the dang thing to work.

"#1 most important!! Is access to the "catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php" open to the public or behind a password restricted section? PayPal must be able to post data to this file or it all fails and I've read many here who had their installation behind a password wall to keep people out while they developed things. This also keeps PayPal out :("

How do i know if its restrited?

"#1 most important!! Is access to the "catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php" open to the public or behind a password restricted section? PayPal must be able to post data to this file or it all fails and I've read many here who had their installation behind a password wall to keep people out while they developed things. This also keeps PayPal out :("

How do i know if its restricted?

Do you have to log into the website to see the catalog? I don't mean log into osCommerce I mean into the server it's self to see the shopping cart web pages.

Close all browser windows and then open a new one and try try going to the page http://(yourdomain)/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php if you get a password prompt it's restricted. If it wants a password from you it does from PayPal and they don't know how to send one :) or what it is.

If it's not restricted you'll just see a blank page.

Unless you typo ed the URL I see

Not Found

The requested URL /ext/module/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Unless you typo ed the URL I see

Not Found

The requested URL /ext/module/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

ya i typoed the url, i get a blank page..

Edited by greatlakes

Hey Ya'll -

Our PayPal IPN has worked great, but we've installed the CCGV1.51a Coupon and Gift Voucher contribution, and the IPN doens't seem compatble. They give you PayPal IPN files, but they don't work just right.

What happens is that when you apply the coupon code and redeem it, your total is reduced - but when you confirm the order, it takes you to PayPal (via the IPN) but does NOT show the discounted price - it still shows the original price.

Has anyone been successfuly in changing this file so that it will properly see the "new" total after the discount was applied by the coupon code?

Thanks!

FRED

I installed the Official PayPal IPN Contribution Last night. i am sure that I have everything in the right position. I have combed over it many times. On my checkout_confirmation.php I am getting a laundry list of errors referencing the paypal IPN

Basket Sensations

Here are images of the error.

checkout_confirm1.jpg

checkout_confirm2.jpg

If I click the Confirm button I get an error on the paypal page 5032. I checked my paypal CERT ID and it is correct.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

Edited by jlanni