• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

the check box for 'receive updates' has nothing to do with an auto return url, any product purchased from any store is that way . . .

John "Mibble" Oligario,

i c...are there any pitfalls to using the auto-return in paypal, instead of the IPN contrib?

Regards,

T-DOGG

Hi all! I have been working on this problem and still can't get this to work properly. The transaction goes through, but I get this error (and so does the client)

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_subtotal in /home/testprod/public_html/safecart/includes/modules/order_total/ot_subtotal.php on line 13

Subsequently they do not get notified & get that error. Has anyone else run into this? Its driving me nuts!

instead of using include for the class order_total, use require_once and it will only be added if it hasn't be declared before.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

instead of using include for the class order_total, use require_once and it will only be added if it hasn't be declared before.

Hi Monika! You helped me the last time on a problem very similar. I did put the require once in place of include for the order_total, but that created this new error concerning the ot_subtotal. Is there another place I should be looking. This has been puzzling me for over a week. Thanks again!

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_subtotal in /home/testprod/public_html/safecart/includes/modules/order_total/ot_subtotal.php on line 13

I really really appreciate the help on this. Have a great dayyyy... :D

Tony Mazz

Hi Monika! You helped me the last time on a problem very similar. I did put the require once in place of include for the order_total, but that created this new error concerning the ot_subtotal. Is there another place I should be looking. This has been puzzling me for over a week. Thanks again!

I really really appreciate the help on this. Have a great dayyyy... :D

hey Tony it's actually weird you are getting that error ,... I never did. Is your file still vanilla apart for the line you changed last time? You may have stuff in it that I don't ...

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I believe I have a clean copy - I only made this one change you suggested:

paypal_ipn.php, line 412

include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
    $order_total_modules = new order_total;

to this

require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
    $order_total_modules = new order_total;

I can try with a fresh copy of paypal_ipn.php. Do you know of a good copy location I can copy or download. Again thx...

Tony Mazz

I believe I have a clean copy - I only made this one change you suggested:

paypal_ipn.php, line 412

? ? include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
? ? $order_total_modules = new order_total;

to this

? ? require_once(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');
? ? $order_total_modules = new order_total;

I can try with a fresh copy of paypal_ipn.php. Do you know of a good copy location I can copy or download. Again thx...

it is weird ... I used this version, the latest one. I'd give you mine but it's heavily modded, as all of my stuff. I cannot leave code alone.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...paypal+ipn+team

Monika

Is there any way to see what is going on in a faulty order made via the OSCommerce IPN 1.1 contribution?

Although PayPal seems to send the correct response and the order Status is updated, the order is not getting written to the Orders_products_downloads table, this problem has been dscussed in various threads but as I already have the given solution in place and the fact that this problem is inconsistent leaves me at a loss. Several orders have gone through with the correct info being written to the order_products_downloads table

Is this something to with PayPal or is this something to do with my store

Is there an error log I can look at?

Steve

Per-item vs Encryption In IPN v.1.1 MS2

-- Per-Item Display Feature Blovked by Web Payment Encryption

Just wonder if anyone else also experienced the problem below:

I installed this IPN module as instructed. The module works generally. I've noticed that the per-item option works fine if Web Payments Encryption is NOT enabled. However, once the encryption enabled, the Per-item description display feature stops working, and what actually shown then in place of Item Name in Paypal checkout page is the "store name" instead (exactly same result as if Aggregate option applied).

I added all IPN files/directories without any modifications and configured the module as follows:

PayPal IPN

Enable PayPal IPN Module

True

E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Transaction Currency

Only USD

Payment Zone

--none--

Set Preparing Order Status

Preparing [PayPal IPN]

Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status

Gateway Server

Testing

Transaction Type

Per Item

Page Style

XXX

Debug E-Mail Address

[email protected]

Sort order of display.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

True

Your Private Key

/home/user/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/keys/rsa_private_key.pem

Your Public Certificate

/home/user/public_html/service/includes/modules/payment/keys/certificate.pem

PayPals Public Certificate

/home/user/public_html/service/includes/modules/payment/keys/paypal_cert.pem

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Working Directory

/home/user/tmp (chmod 777)

('tmp' added without trailing slash. Otherwise, the trailing slash would get duplicated in the actual codes in generated pages > '/home/user/tmp//.......')

OpenSSL Location

/usr/bin/openssl

Does someone have any ideas? Thanks!

500 Internal Server Error when I click update after a fresh install of the module. I don't have access to /var/logs/ so I don't know what I need to be checking for. What errors should have me outputting with php should I be outputing?

http://www.??????.com/catalog/admin/modules.php?set=payment&module=paypal_ipn&action=save

I'm just trying to clarify what I think I understand.

I run a website running os commerce that sells ebooks that are only available by download from the shopping cart. The only payment I accept is paypal.

The vast majority of my customers do NOT click the continue button on paypal when they finish ordering they can't download their order and email me and complain

Now from what I understand this mod will not help me because of some reason I don't quite understand---are there any other solutions?

I'm just trying to clarify what I think I understand.

I run a website running os commerce that sells ebooks that are only available by download from the shopping cart.  The only payment I accept is paypal.

The vast majority of my customers do NOT click the continue button on paypal when they finish ordering they can't download their order and email me and complain

Now from what I understand this mod will not help me because of some reason I don't quite understand---are there any other  solutions?

To "force" your customers to come back to your website, you might try to use "Auto Return for Website Payments" option, found in the Merchant's PayPal configuration: Profile->Website Payment Preferences. See Tdogg's post.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=701340

When I read through this thread, I see mention of a Return to Merchant button and yet when I run this contribution I get no such button,

After giving details to PayPal I get a page with a "Pay" button and on clicking that I am passed to another PayPal page which says the payment has been made and then I am automatically returned to my site.

Does this mean that I have the OSCOmmerce OPN module incorrectly installed?

In the majority of cases it seems to work as it should i.e. the downloads appear on the checkout_success page.

Steve

Edited by Sierrab

When I read through this thread, I see mention of a Return to Merchant button and yet when I run this contribution I get no such button,

After giving details to PayPal I get a page with a "Pay" button and on clicking that I am passed to another PayPal page which says the payment has been made and then I am automatically returned to my site.

Does this mean that I have the OSCOmmerce OPN module incorrectly installed?

In the majority of cases it seems to work as it should i.e. the downloads appear on the checkout_success page.

Steve

Return button will be shown if you havent set the auto return on.In your case asit is coming back to your site after you pay so it means that the flow of code and setting is proper.

About IPN is proper or nor check whether for a successful payment you can see the reports in admin related to that payment.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Return button will be shown if you havent set the auto return on.In your case asit is coming back to your site after you pay so it means that the flow of code and setting is proper.

About IPN is proper or nor check whether  for a successful payment you can see the reports in admin related to that payment.

Satish

Thanks Satish for clearing that up, I have been testing again in the sandbox and I have been unable to duplicate the problems suffered by one of my clients. When an apparently succesful payment goes through the arders table is upadated but there is no corresponding update written to the orders products downloads table....could this be an IPN issue. This problem is inconsistent.

Steve

Hi!

I have a small problem with the Paypal IPN and I could not find an answer.

After customer makes the order the oscommerce does not update the status automatically and the confirmation emails keep coming several times. The emails tell that the Paypal response is "Invalid" as it should be "verified" but still when I log in to the paypal accoint the payment has been recieved successfully. The module used to work well but stopped working for some reason.

Please help :-"

Here is a comment one of my clients made. Does anyone know how to do this?

I ordered something and used paypal to pay. The checkout process was just like ours except that after the payment was accepted the screen said that if you are not re-directed back to the vendor in 10 seconds, click here. Then, in about 7 seconds it automatically took me back to the vendor site. That would be nice if we could incorporate it into our checkout.

Here is a comment one of my clients made. Does anyone know how to do this?

Use the PayPal IPN contribution and in your paypal profile you can select auto return (although this is not strictly neccessary if you jave the official OScommerce contribution insatalled as that defines the return page)

Steve

I have installed the paypal payment module and I am ready to go. The only problem is I would like to have the Paypal option only available for orders from outside the UK and the credit card module available within the UK.

Any idea on how to do this?

no outside links please

Hello everybody!

I am trying to setup the PayPal IPN module and I am having some problems and doubts, which I didn't see answered in this thread, mainly because it is too long:

1) Is there anyway I can make my customers pay by credit card (to my PayPal account) without making them register at PayPal? I tried to checkout and in the PayPal page I have to insert the address, e-mail, phone number all over again.

2) I made a purchase worth $39.99, the shipping rate is $5.00, which would make a total of $49.99, so why does PayPal say I have to pay:

Amount: ?44.13 EUR

Shipping & Handling: ?5.52 EUR

Total Amount: ?49.65 EUR

?

3) I heard some buzz about a notify URL, what's this all about?

I really appreciate all the trouble you'll go through answering my questions and I thank you in advance for bearing up with a newbie like myself.

Cheers to all,

Vasco

Hello everybody!

I am trying to setup the PayPal IPN module and I am having some problems and doubts, which I didn't see answered in this thread, mainly because it is too long:

1) Is there anyway I can make my customers pay by credit card (to my PayPal account) without making them register at PayPal? I tried to checkout and in the PayPal page I have to insert the address, e-mail, phone number all over again.

2) I made a purchase worth $39.99, the shipping rate is $5.00, which would make a total of $49.99, so why does PayPal say I have to pay:

Amount: ?44.13 EUR

Shipping & Handling: ?5.52 EUR

Total Amount: ?49.65 EUR

?

3) I heard some buzz about a notify URL, what's this all about?

I really appreciate all the trouble you'll go through answering my questions and I thank you in advance for bearing up with a newbie like myself.

Cheers to all,

Vasco

It looks as if you may have the dfault 10% tax in place which is adding 10% to your purchase. There is a prepopulate add on for the IPN contribution, Re the return url, the OSC IPN specifies the return url that the buyer returns to. This overides the return to URL settings that you can specify in yout PayPal profile (at PayPal)

Steve

It looks as if you may have the dfault 10% tax in place which is adding 10% to your purchase. There is a prepopulate add on for the IPN contribution, Re the return url, the OSC IPN specifies the return url that the buyer returns to. This overides the return to URL settings that you can specify in yout PayPal profile (at PayPal)

Steve

Thanks for the quick reply!

I still have doubts, though:

1) How do I take away the 10% tax thing? Is it on PayPal or on oscommerce?

2) Is there any way that I can override the setting which forces my customers to open a PayPal account and just make them pay with their credit cards straight ahead?

Cheers,

Vasco

I still have doubts, though:

1) How do I take away the 10% tax thing? Is it on PayPal or on oscommerce?

2) Is there any way that I can override the setting which forces my customers to open a PayPal account and just make them pay with their credit cards straight ahead?

Cheers,

Vasco

Go to Admin and look at at taxes, you'l see the 10% in there. They can pay on PayPal by credit card without opening a PayPal account

Steve

Go to Admin and look at at taxes, you'l see the 10% in there. They can pay on PayPal by credit card without opening a PayPal account

Steve

The problem wasn't on the taxes, but on the page I was paying in dollars, on paypal, in euros. The conversion rate was set 10? = 1.10$, so paypal would 'charge' 10%.

I will check the payment with credit card and if I have more trouble I will post here again.

Cheers and thanks again,

Vasco

The problem wasn't on the taxes, but on the page I was paying in dollars, on paypal, in euros. The conversion rate was set 10? = 1.10$, so paypal would 'charge' 10%.

I will check the payment with credit card and if I have more trouble I will post here again.

Cheers and thanks again,

Vasco

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but $$$ and euros are not the same, so the conversion has never been 1:1 ... if paypal wants more for it, that is partly due to the bank exchange rates (check on cnn.com or anywhere online), plus paypal adds a percentage for converting currencies.

Monika