• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Nobody has experienced this???

- IPN emails never get sent?

- Transactions never get updated from PayPal?

====================================

I recently switched hosts, and my IPN's are no longer processing (i.e. I do not receive debug emails, all orders show as pending despite a customer truly paying for an item, and under a transaction's activity it states: No PayPal Transaction Information Available).

I have attempted a deinstall and reinstall of the paypal payment module, with no success. As well, I have tried to turn 'test mode' on and run a "Test IPN', however, I get a 'not found' error: The requested URL /ipn.php was not found on this server.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I was looking for the same answer - having the same issues - & it was driving me nuts with all the typing!! So when reading through all these millions of posts founds this. I just changed the code & haven't actually processed the order, but I checked up to the point of hitting "PAY" and it in fact does have my stored paypal addresses to choose from in a drop down menu. So I would ASSUME that if I select one of those - then hit Pay- it would show up in the order preprinted and have the eligible for seller protection. Course I didn't test it all the way through- i'm just going to let the next customer who uses paypal test it. hahah  But the page up to that point at least looks like what it used to at the old store I was using pre-oscomm and paypal ipn..

But this is the only change

About line 328 of includes/modules/paypal_ipn.php replaced this:

?$parameters['no_shipping'] = '1';

with this:

$parameters['no_shipping'] = '0';

Another post somewhere later explained it as "1" is for "intangible" items... "0" is for "tangible"- i.e. something that needs to be shipped!

Let me know what happens if you test it... or i'll post back if someone uses paypal at my store in the meantime.

:thumbsup:

I totally forgot about this post until I got that email reply notification thing.

In case others encounter the same problems, I just wanted to add that I have processed several paypal payments after making the above changes, and the addresses do in fact show up in the shipping. AND the ones that are verified show up confirmed and eligible for seller protection. So VOILA problems fixed. No more typing in addresses and no more ineligible seller protection!

Yes, there is. I wrote a code snippet that does this because it was driving our customers crazy. I'm calling it the PayPal Form Prepopulator (PFP) :D and you can download the code here, or just copy/paste is from the text below. Enjoy!

I have just found this thread, so apologies for also posting a query in payment modules...

Which of the 2 paypal_ipn.php files do I ammend or do I ammend both, one is in

catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\payment and the other is in catalog\includes\modules\payment

I have just found this thread, so apologies for also posting a query in payment modules...

Which of the 2 paypal_ipn.php files do I ammend or do I ammend both, one is in

catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\payment and the other is in catalog\includes\modules\payment

Now that I looked at both files.....Stupid Question from me....Another lesson on OSC

Steve

doh, I asked this question in the wrong paypal thread.... :blush:

anyway....

I'm running the IPN V1.1.2 module which seems to work fine as long as people click the continue button after making their paypal payment. If they don't, the order goes through but the stock isn't subtracted

Is there a way I can change where the stock is subtracted so that it doesn't wait for people to click the continue button? I searched and found a few people ask for this, but couldn't find an answer.

thanks in advance,

James

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of people in this post have reported problems with the order status "Preparing [PayPal IPN]" not changing on PayPal notify and so far there has not been a real solution posted.

I also have that problem.

However, it is obvious that this contribution does work for many people and so the problem is clearly not with the module itself.

In addition, I have verified that the module does in fact work perfectly up to the point of notify, everything that should be sent is sent to PayPal, all the emails are received, the basket is cleared, the order history updated and PayPal does indeed send back a notify which is logged by my server.

I get this code 200 in my server logs which clearly indicates that the notify was uccessfully attempted and Paypal does not attempt to send any repeat notifies:

216.113.188.202 - - [09/Jul/2005:19:33:26 +0100] "POST /ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php HTTP/1.0" 200 189 "-" "-"

However, the fact remains that the notify still doesnt work!

Initially, I thought the problem was something to do with session creation, permissions or spider blocking but after changing the ipn.php file to one that would simply add an entry to the page_parse_time.log it still doesnt work.

Yet, if I manually post the variables to the ipn.php file it works perfectly.

So, it appears to me that something in the server settings is preventing the posts from what looks to the server as being a spider or robot.

It is not the htaccess file as far as I can see and I can successfully post forms to my site from other external sites.

So does anyone have any idea what this might be?

I am running in safe mode - has anyone successfully used this contribution on shared server running safe mode?

Has anyone who reported the notify not working actually got it to work?

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

hello ,

i just install [osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2].

when i tested the installation i got the following error message:

Error Detected

This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.

can anyone please tell me what wrong with my installation?

any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

i've a little problem with images in the checkout_process.php.

I want to remove American Expres and Discover images in paypal.php (v2.8, but i'll update it), and change 1 of them for another CC image. I have this:

function selection() {
     $img_visa = DIR_WS_MODULES .'payment/paypal/images/visa.gif';
     $img_mc = DIR_WS_MODULES .'payment/paypal/images/mastercard.gif';
     $img_electron = DIR_WS_MODULES .'payment/paypal/images/electron.gif';
     $img_paypal = DIR_WS_MODULES .'payment/paypal/images/paypal_intl.gif';
     $jscript_url = '<a style="cursor: pointer; cursor: hand;"' . " onclick=\"javascript:popup=window.open(\'" . $this->cc_explain_url . "\',\'popup\',\'scrollbars,resizable,width=625,height=600,left=50,top=50\'); popup.focus(); return false;\">";
     $cc_explain = '<div style="A.hover{cursor:hand}">' . MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_DESCRIPTION .' ' .
                   "<script>document.writeln('" . $jscript_url .
                   MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_URL_TEXT . "</a>');</script>" .
                   '<noscript><a href="' . $this->cc_explain_url . '" target="_blank">' .
                   MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_URL_TEXT . '</noscript>' ."\n".'</div>';
     $paypal_cc_txt = sprintf(MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_TEXT,
                             tep_image($img_visa,' Visa ','','','align="absmiddle"'),
                             tep_image($img_mc,' MasterCard ','','','align="absmiddle"'),
                             tep_image($img_electron,' Visa Electron ','','','align="absmiddle"'),
                             tep_image($img_paypal,' PayPal ','','','align="absmiddle"')
                            );

But i get this error and no images, (where line 82 its the ); )

paypal_error.gif

Says:

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /........./includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 82

Is it possible to do what i need? I want to do it because the main PayPal site shows only those 3 credit cards, and i want make it looks according to it.

Btw the module works fine.

Wow. Looks like a few potential frustrations out there with this one.

This is mine:

Order Total data never gets entered into the osCommerce database from the paypal_ipn.php page, and so otherwise successful PayPal orders aren't showing up in the Administrator interface. (Customers are being redirected back to the site, etc.)

I've done some tests, so I have some clues.

I believe that when it gets to this line (near line 116):

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($GLOBALS[$class]->output); $i<$n; $i++)

the '$GLOBALS[$class]->output' array is empty, and so it never gets to the curly brackets that create the $order_totals[] array.

Hm. Can anybody hand me down their higher wisdom on this one?

Why might that '$GLOBALS[$class]->output' array be empty?

Does it have anything to do with the order of events on pages like checkout_confirmation.php or checkout_process.php?

Wow. Looks like a few potential frustrations out there with this one.

This is mine:

Order Total data never gets entered into the osCommerce database from the paypal_ipn.php page, and so otherwise successful PayPal orders aren't showing up in the Administrator interface. (Customers are being redirected back to the site, etc.)

I've done some tests, so I have some clues.

I believe that when it gets to this line (near line 116):

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($GLOBALS[$class]->output); $i<$n; $i++)

the '$GLOBALS[$class]->output' array is empty, and so it never gets to the curly brackets that create the $order_totals[] array.

Hm. Can anybody hand me down their higher wisdom on this one?

Why might that '$GLOBALS[$class]->output' array be empty?

This moudule still doesnt work for me but some of you might want to check this potential error:

Email order confirmation will not show the selected attribute list as $languages_id is not defined in query line 488 / 491.

In catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php look for the global statement - line 409

- immediately following "function before process() {"

and change to:

global $customer_id, $order, $sendto, $billto, $payment, $currencies, $cart, $cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, $languages_id;

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

$insert_order is true. I'd tested that.

It's after, at this line:

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($GLOBALS[$class]->output); $i<$n; $i++) {

that the curly brackets just don't wanna hear about it...

thanks, though.

anyone else have trouble with order total data not getting recorded even after successful PayPal orders?

Seems unlikely - more likely to be because $insert_order is false I would think.

I am testing the OCCommerce PayPal IPN with the PayPal sandbox.

I have Downloads Controller 5.3 working like a dream

I have an ammended Master Products which allows slaves (tracks) or complete album downloads

With all products at zero cost it works perfectly, I can "buy" individual tracks or albums and all the right tracks or albums appear for download after the "purchase" is confirmed

However, when I introduce pricing, PayPal works fine with slave products but when I purchase a Master (in this case an album's worth of tracks), although the purchase goes through OK, I don't have any tracks to download as I do when I purchase the tracks individually.

I have downloaded the latest patch which may sort the problem, but I have to admit to having dificulty with the "diff-file", I just don't understand the instructions...maybe I have been at the screen too long today. Has anyone installed this, slightly clearer instructions (for aging hippy) would be really gratefully received!!

Alternatively, this problem may be caused by something else. Be very grateful for guidance!!!

Steve

Edited by Sierrab

Not sure if I put this here or if anyone can help me with this but I'm getting an error

We are sorry that we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later.

Message 5302

This happens after I click on the confirm order button. I'm right now using the sandbox. Does anyone know how to fix this or any ideas?

Sorry if this was not the right area to ask this question.

Not sure if I put this here or if anyone can help me with this but I'm getting an error   

We are sorry that we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later.

Message 5302   

This happens after I click on the confirm order button.  I'm right now using the sandbox.  Does anyone know how to fix this or any ideas?

Sorry if this was not the right area to ask this question.

It just means that PayPal are in the process of updating software on the server and access is slow or restricted.

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

Greetings all.

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it in the forums anywhere (maybe osc could use google for the search in the next forums release) :rolleyes:

On the checkout_process.php page the default background color for the page is white. My personalized image for that page has a black matt and it looks horrible and very unprofessional. I'd like to make the background color black instead of white. Can anyone tell me how to change the styles for this page?

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere before, but I can't seem to find it in the forums anywhere (maybe osc could use google for the search in the next forums release)  :rolleyes:

You will more than likely get a better response if you dont hijack threads with un related questions.

I would suggest that you start a new topic which is specific to your problem.

You will more than likely get a better response if you dont hijack threads with un related questions.

I would suggest that you start a new topic which is specific to your problem.

Calmate, Zorro. This is very much on topic. I'm talking about the Paypal IPN page that appears before you are taken to Paypal.com to make your payment. The background of this page is white. I didn't have this white page before I installed this contrib.

Sheez...

Calmate, Zorro.  This is very much on topic.  I'm talking about the Paypal IPN page that appears before you are taken to Paypal.com to make your payment.  The background of this page is white.  I didn't have this white page before I installed this contrib. 

This contribution does not install any extra pages its a drop in module that requires no core code changes. So its likely you installed a different IPN module.

Hi,

I've seen a couple of similar post to this one, but not been able to find an exact match.

Like most people i guess, i've had a customer who hasn't pressed the final button in paypal and although i've had the payment the order is still stuck in his basket!

I've installed the ipn contrib, but the total amount is not been passed to paypal. I've tried both the "per item" and the "aggregate" options but neither option sends the amount through.

any ideas? or any suggestions would be most welcome

thanks

rob

Installed Credit / Voucher to latest version of OSC. Everything works except...

When verifying Discount Coupon.. checkout_confirmation shows correct adjusted total (discount is redemed). But....... when it proceed to PayPal, the discount coupon is NOT reflected.

What have I done.

Although the confirmation page shows discount AND hidden values passed to PayPal reflect correct values INCLUDING amount equal to the adjusted total, PAYPAL ignores and shows the total WITHOUT the discount.

Is there somewhere I can look? Is there a patch? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

This has been asked a few times in this thread and no one has answered but it seems that the only order_total modules that get passed to PayPal are subtotal, shipping and Tax

I too have tried to get discount modules and indeed the "payment type surcharge" module to pass the amounts to Paypal but it does not :angry:

If any one else has a work around that would be great :thumbsup:

Edited by livefooduk

Best wishes

Steve

Hi all

I'm spent from reading this whole thread. I can't find an answer to my issue.

Installed osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1, and when I go to checkout confirmation in OSC , the Paypal login page shows up (https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr), instead of the payment page that should allow you to enter in your CC details straight away.

Tried lots of combinations of admin setup variants, but I have no idea what's going on here.

Is there anyone out there that can give me some information about this.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Dwyer

Nevermind. My dodgey Paymate hacks had come back to haunt me. I've returned checkout_process.php to it's original and I'm now able to get straight into the Paypal paid area instead of the homepage.

Aaron Dwyer