• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Hi Jayman11

First, you should tell us which version of paypal_ipn you are using, it might help.

If you are using a version <2.3.3 , update it, so you will have this line where you can setup the right charset you use

Around line 500

/********************************************************************************
  *	Currently these are the supported charsets:											 *
  *	big5, euc-jp, euc-kr, euc-tw, gb2312, hz-gb-2312, ibm-862, iso-2022-cn, iso-2022-jp,	*
  *	iso-2022-kr, iso-8859-1, iso-8859-2, iso-8859-3, iso-8859-4, iso-8859-5, iso-8859-6,	*
  *	iso-8859-7, iso-8859-8, iso-8859-9, iso-8859-13, iso-8859-15, ko18-r, shift_jis,		*
  *	utf-7, utf-8, utf-16, utf-16be, utf-16le, utf-16_platformendian, utf-16_oppositeendian, *
  *	utf-32, utf-32be, utf-32le, utf-32_platformendian, utf-32_oppositeendian, usa-ascii,	*
  *	windows-1250, windows-1251, windows-1252, windows-1253, windows-1254, windows-1255,	 *
  *	windows-1256, windows-1257, windows-1258, windows-874, windows-949, x-mac-greek,		*
  *	x-mac-turkish, x-mac-centraleurroman, x-mac-cyrillic, ebcdic-cp-us, ibm-1047			*
*******************/
  $parameters['charset'] = "iso-8859-2"; // Modify this line if you have problems with the character set.
// EOF parameters fix by AlexStudio

Hope this will help

Nicolas

Thanks! Yes I'm using 2.3.3. I didnt have any issues with it so didnt want to change it. What is newest version working fine?

Jason

Thanks! Yes I'm using 2.3.3. I didnt have any issues with it so didnt want to change it. What is newest version working fine?

Jason

Well I am using version 2.3.4.5 with no problem now :o)

I think you need to use the same charset that is used to save datas in your database

Nicolas

Well I am using version 2.3.4.5 with no problem now :o)

I think you need to use the same charset that is used to save datas in your database

Nicolas

ok cool. I'm gonna stick with 2.3.3 for right now since everything else is working. Now I just have to figure out the whole charset deal that needs to be in there.

ok cool. I'm gonna stick with 2.3.3 for right now since everything else is working. Now I just have to figure out the whole charset deal that needs to be in there.

i noticed my paypal says iso-8859-1

What file is all that charset info you posted in?

Jason

Edited by Jayman11

Hi ski2bbad,

All that I have done is modifying the tep_db_insert_id() function in both the admin and catalog side ( ie: in catalog/includes/function/database.php and in admin/includes/function/database.php)

Replace :

function tep_db_insert_id() {
return mysql_insert_id();
}

by

function tep_db_insert_id($link = 'db_link') {
global $$link;
return mysql_insert_id( $$link );
}

That's it

Nicolas

Hi

This has happend to me today. No changes made since Nov '07. Just installed HTML emails so testing. Everything works, it all goes thru to Paypal, even the discount module works, I get the email in nice HTML but no order number either in the email title or the email subject. I also have a letter in front of my order numbers and this comes thru in both email subject and content but no order number.

The order number complete with the order letter prefix DOES gets printed on the checkout_confirmation page.

I have tried the fix above but it didn't work.

I am using Paypal IPN 1.3, PHP ver 4.4.7, MySQL 5.0.45, oscommerce-2.2ms2-060817

Any ideas anyone

Cheers

Ian

Edited by ianric

Hello,

I installed the PayPal IPN module and tested it with sandbox. All PayPal payments are ok. From PayPal support I got the info, that also IPN will be sent ok.

But neighter seller or buyer get any e-mail confirmation and status of orders are not changed. I checked all matters from the installation guide, without success.

Could please anyone help me.

Osc version 2.2rc2a

PayPal_IPN version 2.3.3

php version 4.4.9

Curl info: libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8c zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5

Thanks in advance and best regards

tilli11

OK stupid question, but I see at the start of this thread that this is the support thread is for the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2. I have installed osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a (oscommerce-2.2rc2a.zip). Is 2.2MS2 compatable with 2.2rca2 ??

I have installed Paypal IPN 2.3.4. My problem is that IPN is not working. Using the Troubleshooting guide :

[sTEP 1] If I go to http://www.mysite/catalog/ext/modules/paym...pal_ipn/ipn.php I get a blank page and an email is sent to my debug email address which states PALPAL IPN INVALID PROCESS which I expect as I am not passing any real info.

[sTEP 2] I have a php.ini with register_globals = On under \catalog\ext\modules\payment\ dir. To I need this php.ini anywhere else ??

[sTEP 3] Check if you have a shared/dedicated SSL, or your server has cURL lib installed. IPN won't work if you don't have any of these. How do I check whether my web server hosts have a dedicated SSL or cURL. Do I need to ring them or can I see via FTP, CPANEL. I see in my Admin Payment - PayPal has a reference to /usr/bin/openssl. I have installed openSSL so I could create encrypted certificates for payments, however I have turned this off in both Admin account and in Paypal ?

[sTEP 4] Check if your server requires cURL connections to route through a proxy server. If this is the case, you need to setup the cURL proxy address. How do I know whether my web server host www.crazydomains.com.au has a cURL? I assume I either require SSL or cURL. And if I use cURL I can encrypt payments for additional security.

I am confused by the install guide which states you do not need to enable Auto Return as the paypal ipn module does this, however to receive Payment Data Transfer which si the email paypal sends you to say you have received a payment you need auto return on. My auto return url is http://www.mysite.com.au/catalog/checkout_process.php. I also see that you do not need to enable the IPN in your PayPal. Atm I have http://mysite/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php. Hmm I note that I do not have the www in my address. This should not make a difference should it ?

Finally I don't have any coupons going through to Paypal, but this is for another day.

If anyone can help point me to what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

PS. While we are on the paypal lost IPN subject, is there any workaround out there that can be used to process a paypal order which didn't make it through for some reason.

Regards

Sir Lance

I have installed the module. Thanks to the author! I have a question: I am using only EUR in both, my PayPal account and the shop, but the price given from PayPal is always 0 and the user has to enter a value. What incompatibility causes this issue and how this can be solved?

The Euro properties in the admin panel are as follows:

The problem occures in encrypted and not encrypted mode.

I am using OpenSSL Version OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006

The path given via the whereis openssl is /usr/share/man/man1/openssl.1ssl.gz

Title: Euro

Code: EUR

Symbol Left:

Symbol Right: EUR

Decimal Point: .

Thousands Point: ,

Decimal Places: 2

Last Updated: 2008-10-06

Value: 0.00000000

Example Output:

30.00EUR = 30.00EUR

Thanks in advance!

I have installed the module. Thanks to the author! I have a question: I am using only EUR in both, my PayPal account and the shop, but the price given from PayPal is always 0 and the user has to enter a value. What incompatibility causes this issue and how this can be solved?

The Euro properties in the admin panel are as follows:

The problem occures in encrypted and not encrypted mode.

I am using OpenSSL Version OpenSSL 0.9.8c 05 Sep 2006

The path given via the whereis openssl is /usr/share/man/man1/openssl.1ssl.gz

Thanks in advance!

Hi Momchil

From my reading I see the notes state that if you get $0, this is usually as a result of your shop and paypal account having different currency restrictions OR you have used the wrong abbreviation for the currency.

Hope this helps

Hi Momchil

From my reading I see the notes state that if you get $0, this is usually as a result of your shop and paypal account having different currency restrictions OR you have used the wrong abbreviation for the currency.

Hope this helps

Thank you for the reply,

The only currency allowed in both: my paypal account and the shop is EUR. In my shop I do use only EUR. I do not use the US dollar currency at all. As for the abbreviation for the currency, where else should I check this setting? I thought that the quoted currency setting for the EUR, that I have posted in my previous post includes the setting for the abbreviation for the currency as well and the mentioned setting is set correctly. I have spent many hours in trying to figure out what exactly is wrong in my configuration and if I do not find a solution soon, I will spend many hours crying :lol:

Now serious, I will be very, very thankful if someone guide me where exactly I should check for the possible reason in my configuration.

I found the failure. I am using another contribution than the one that is expected. The name of the module is ot_fixed_payment_chg and not ot_loworderfee. When changing this it works. Maybe this should be fixed if possible so that every kind of fee is added and not only the fee of the ot_loworderfee module. Please tell this to the developers. Thanks. :)

Hello all,

I've installed PayPal IPN v2.3.4 I went to test it and I got the following message 'Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to' how can I correct this?

Thank you

Apparently, this is a fraud prevention method by PayPal that prevents orders with delivery addresses in a country different than the one in which the buyer's PayPal account is registered in from being processed. That's not a bad practice except that it might create some problems under certain circumstances:

• You are selling digital products where no delivery address is set and parsed to PayPal
  • Expatriates who have existing PayPal accounts but currently located in a different country

One workaround is to have a look at the PayPal IPN file in includes/modules/payment/ and then search for this string:

$parameters['address_override'] = '1';

This is a PayPal API to help the buyer with payment when they get to Paypal. With out all the data fields this causes an error message. With the circumstances as described above, it results in an error message too.

Change it to:

$parameters['address_override'] = '0';

This will tell PayPal not to retrieve the billing and shipping data from your cart and use the current default data in PayPal's record. The one downside of this is that it might confuse the buyer when he pays as the shipping address will reflect the one he/she has on record in PayPal rather than the one they just entered in your shopping cart.

So, either way, there's a trade off.

One method I've seen a merchant using osCommerce do is to provide information up front in their payment policy page which goes something like this:

Paypal shipping country issue

A big thank you to one of our customers who reported this:
"Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to"

Paypal displays this message if you have entered a delivery address in a different country to the one you registered with your Paypal account. Paypal does this to protect you from fraud. If you see this message, please contact us to arrange a manual Paypal payment, confirming your delivery address. We will send you a link which you can click on to complete your order.
This seems like a good non-programmatic method. Edited by Bob K

I found the failure. I am using another contribution than the one that is expected. The name of the module is ot_fixed_payment_chg and not ot_loworderfee. When changing this it works. Maybe this should be fixed if possible so that every kind of fee is added and not only the fee of the ot_loworderfee module. Please tell this to the developers. Thanks. :)

Hi,

I have the same prob, but using contribution "PayPal Fee". my file is ot_paypal_fee.php Where did you make the change for it to work? Should I update paypal_ipn.php and replace ot_loworderfee with ot_paypal_fee?

Hi,

I have the same prob, but using contribution "PayPal Fee". my file is ot_paypal_fee.php Where did you make the change for it to work? Should I update paypal_ipn.php and replace ot_loworderfee with ot_paypal_fee?

Yes, that's right!. Just replace it everywhere in the file:

Around line 400:

$handling = $order_total['ot_YOUR_MODULE_NAME_WITHOUT_ENDING'];

Around line 450:

$parameters['handling'] = number_format($order_total['ot_YOUR_MODULE_NAME_WITHOUT_ENDING'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));

Yes, that's right!. Just replace it everywhere in the file:

Around line 400:

$handling = $order_total['ot_YOUR_MODULE_NAME_WITHOUT_ENDING'];

Around line 450:

$parameters['handling'] = number_format($order_total['ot_YOUR_MODULE_NAME_WITHOUT_ENDING'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));

Cool, thank you...

I have three more questions upon PayPal IPN:

1. How can I insert the Name of the customer into the Mail-Subject? The following Code only works with other payments than PayPal:

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' ' . $address['firstname'] . ' ' . $address['lastname'] . ' (EC' . $insert_id . ')', $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, $address['email_address']);

Must I use other variables? I also tried these without success: $order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname']

2. Comments of the customer are not submitted. The customer comment is overwritten by the PayPal Info like this:

PayPal IPN Verified [payment status: Completed (Verified; 119,48€),

Kunden PayPal Adresse: James James, Jamesstreet 22, Jamestown, 24114, , Germany, DE, unconfirmed]

3. Uncompleted PayPal orders are "reserved". When a customer wants to order by PayPal and aborts his payment the order gets a number and is stored. It can be seen in the customers account but the customer cannot finish the order, delete it or do anything with it. So this is baffling to the customer. What can be done?

Thanks for any help.

Paypal IPN developed by other author and standard(use IPN concept) developed by hpdl.

Would recommend You to go for standard (hpdl) as it has most of the fixes.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Paypal IPN developed by other author and standard(use IPN concept) developed by hpdl.

Would recommend You to go for standard (hpdl) as it has most of the fixes.

Satish

Ok thanks, it does beg the question why it has been re-developed though? I presume the hpdl one will be bunddled with the latest releases of oscommerce

OK stupid question, but I see at the start of this thread that this is the support thread is for the osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2. I have installed osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a (oscommerce-2.2rc2a.zip). Is 2.2MS2 compatable with 2.2rca2 ??

I have installed Paypal IPN 2.3.4. My problem is that IPN is not working. Using the Troubleshooting guide :

[sTEP 1] If I go to http://www.mysite/catalog/ext/modules/paym...pal_ipn/ipn.php I get a blank page and an email is sent to my debug email address which states PALPAL IPN INVALID PROCESS which I expect as I am not passing any real info.

[sTEP 2] I have a php.ini with register_globals = On under \catalog\ext\modules\payment\ dir. To I need this php.ini anywhere else ??

[sTEP 3] Check if you have a shared/dedicated SSL, or your server has cURL lib installed. IPN won't work if you don't have any of these. How do I check whether my web server hosts have a dedicated SSL or cURL. Do I need to ring them or can I see via FTP, CPANEL. I see in my Admin Payment - PayPal has a reference to /usr/bin/openssl. I have installed openSSL so I could create encrypted certificates for payments, however I have turned this off in both Admin account and in Paypal ?

[sTEP 4] Check if your server requires cURL connections to route through a proxy server. If this is the case, you need to setup the cURL proxy address. How do I know whether my web server host www.crazydomains.com.au has a cURL? I assume I either require SSL or cURL. And if I use cURL I can encrypt payments for additional security.

I am confused by the install guide which states you do not need to enable Auto Return as the paypal ipn module does this, however to receive Payment Data Transfer which si the email paypal sends you to say you have received a payment you need auto return on. My auto return url is http://www.mysite.com.au/catalog/checkout_process.php. I also see that you do not need to enable the IPN in your PayPal. Atm I have http://mysite/catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php. Hmm I note that I do not have the www in my address. This should not make a difference should it ?

Finally I don't have any coupons going through to Paypal, but this is for another day.

If anyone can help point me to what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

PS. While we are on the paypal lost IPN subject, is there any workaround out there that can be used to process a paypal order which didn't make it through for some reason.

Regards

Sir Lance

Hi I have a paypal issue. I am still getting no order emails and no inventory decrement of my stock. I have set up SSL and have it working. From the instructions they state You do NOT need to enable Auto Return in your PayPal account as this information is sent automatically by the IPN module. However on payment using Paypal with Auto return off and IPN turned off, PayPal did not return to my site therefore I don't beleive the IPN.php file is being called.

If I click on the http://mysite.com.au/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php I get the blank page and an invalid process email is sent to my debug email address as expected.

Do anyone please have some hints for me. Thanks

Troy

It seems lately my IPN is not adding the quantity discount from the order totals...I'm using the latest version of IPN and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do. I've set up the IPN to have the aggregrate function on....

Any ideas?

FK

Itemize/aggregate setting is responsiblein most cases.

So set to aggregate .

Satish Mantri

Edited by satish

also amke sure that

$order_total_modules = new order_total;

$order_totals = $order_total_modules->process();

// load the before_process function from the payment modules

$payment_modules->before_process();

before process function of payment module is called after order totals process function as is in the above stated code.

Satish Mantri

Im having issues with stock levels not decreasing and emails not being sent. Sometimes the stock level does update though, not sure why it only happens sometimes.

I have version 2.3.4 of IPN

Oscommerce RC2

PHP 4.4.4

MySQL 4.1.22-standard

Anyway Ive gone through the troubleshooting guide and

- I have the ext folder copied over to the catalog folder

- Ive opened this link in my browser and its blank as it should be: http://yourdomain.com/catalog/ext/modules/...pal_ipn/ipn.php

- Im still waiting to hear back from my provider to check about the shared ssl and curl

It seems as though if customers arent returning to my site its not registering the sale properly, and if they do return to the site it works fine. Problem is that most people appear to not be returning to the site and I cant keep up with stock levels

PLEASE HELP!!!