• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

**Another Issue, seeking help**

I just installed PayPal IPN which went okie (presumably). When i check out using paypal IPN, make the payment, I get the email confirmation both from paypal and my store notifying me that order has been received and is in pending status. It also generates order ID and the works.

But the issue is when I go to my store configuration and go to order list page I dont see the orders in there. Alternatively When I click on older orders and modify the orderID in the url to the ID i got in the confirmation email, it shows up JUST fine.

So in nutshell, the order processed fine, made an entry into the database, it even shows the record counts just fine in the administration page (i can see total number of Preparing PayPalIPN orders) but just DOES NOT show up in orders the list when filtering by status or all orders. If i put the orderID it takes me right to that order.

Please help, this is driving me nuts!!!!!

**Another Issue, seeking help**

I just installed PayPal IPN which went okie (presumably). When i check out using paypal IPN, make the payment, I get the email confirmation both from paypal and my store notifying me that order has been received and is in pending status. It also generates order ID and the works.

But the issue is when I go to my store configuration and go to order list page I dont see the orders in there. Alternatively When I click on older orders and modify the orderID in the url to the ID i got in the confirmation email, it shows up JUST fine.

So in nutshell, the order processed fine, made an entry into the database, it even shows the record counts just fine in the administration page (i can see total number of Preparing PayPalIPN orders) but just DOES NOT show up in orders the list when filtering by status or all orders. If i put the orderID it takes me right to that order.

Please help, this is driving me nuts!!!!!

I found one more thing while debugging, that when i go to edit orders created through any OTHER payment method they have Sub Total, Tax, Shipping and Total on the order details.

But on orders created through PayPal IPN i see only Product price (one line where it shows product, product details and price etc). I dont see any Total etc. Although when i was placing the order originally i saw my Sub Total, Tax, Shipping and Total being populated on the PayPal page. It's like pay pal got the information but the store did not get sub total, shipping etc.

Thanks!

I am finding a few issues very similar to the ones described here in the last 10 pages or so.

Firstly:

I have managed to get the Paypal IPN orders status to atleast update to "awaiting dispatch" after going through the payment process. How-ever for some reason the order duplicates at this point. Which still leaves a order in "Preparing [Paypal IPN]" status. I initially had trouble with the status not updating at all how-ever i managed to get past that point.

Secondly:

For some reason ever since installing this module i have had issues with my checkout process alltogether. It seems that NO information is passed to the admin area. I basically get a blank order for ANY payment method, (paypal, cheque/money order etc..) There is no telephone number, address, price, tax, shipping information getting passed into the order on the admin site. The confirmation email gets sent with full information without any problems and all information is displayed correctly there, how-ever just nothing at all in the admin site.

Has anyone seen these issues before, or know anyway to fix them?!? Luckily of course this is only installed on my development site for the moment. How-ever we were hoping to get this into production within the next week after all testing is completed.

Secondly:

For some reason ever since installing this module i have had issues with my checkout process alltogether. It seems that NO information is passed to the admin area. I basically get a blank order for ANY payment method, (paypal, cheque/money order etc..) There is no telephone number, address, price, tax, shipping information getting passed into the order on the admin site. The confirmation email gets sent with full information without any problems and all information is displayed correctly there, how-ever just nothing at all in the admin site.

Has anyone seen these issues before, or know anyway to fix them?!? Luckily of course this is only installed on my development site for the moment. How-ever we were hoping to get this into production within the next week after all testing is completed.

Please dis-regard this second issue. Turns out that was my fault, a small bit of code i removed when trying to get rid of an old paypal module prior to the installation of this module. How-ever im still having a the duplicate order problem as described in previous post.

Hello all,

I just installed the paypal_ipn contrib and I do have one problem and one question:

Problem:

When placing an order and completing the checkout process, handling gets transferred to PayPal (shich is fine). Then however PayPal reports an error : "Some information is missing ..., please go back and correct the error". When I then use the back button on the browser to return to the store and reload the page, and then complete the same order again, it works fine and I can complete the payment.

Any idea?

The second thing:

Is it somehow possible to control the language that the paypal_ipn.php is processed with? Currently it always creates notification e-mails in English, regardless if I test from a german or english PayPal account. I know the language gets set in application_top.php, which is included at the very top of paypal_ipn.php. Is there some way to set the $language variable based on information returned from the PayPal IPN (or the order or customer information stored in the database)?

Many thanks

Reiner

Hello everyone,

I've used Paypal IPN flawlessly for over a year and just started to have problems this week. Normally, after a customer pays via paypal, the item is removed from the site and the payment status is as listed below:

Processing PayPal IPN Verified [Completed (Verified; $....)]

However, this week, after the paypal payment has been received the status is:

Processing PayPal IPN Invalid [Completed]

Also, we receive multiple emails stating "PayPal IPN Invalid Process," however all of the paypal information (from the payment) is listed in the "$_POST" section.

It doesn't make sense (to me) that all of the information from the paypal payment is listed in the email and for some reason the script isn't able to verify the payment.

Does anyone have any ideas about what could have caused this? I haven't changed ANY code and this issue just started happening this week. My host is bluehost and I've recently upgraded to PHP5.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

I have the ipn (v2.3.3) installed on a client's store. The shop has been live for approximately one month now. During that time roughly 33 orders have been placed. I've been keeping detailed records of the transactions, and I have a couple of things I am starting to perceive as problems.

The first issue:

Of the 33 orders that registered in the order history screen of OS Commerce, only 23 (69%) have had the money actually show up in Paypal. The other 10 orders that are registered in OS Commerce's order history received no money in Paypal, but still logged the order in OS C.

My first question is... is this normal? Why would these orders show up as being placed in OS Commerce and money never show up in Paypal? Is this a customer issue where they bag out of the order before completing it, or is this a processing issue within OS Commerce/Paypal IPN (which is my only option for payment at this point.) My fear is that there is an issue in the order processing, but I have no visibility on whether there is a hitch in the process. For other using the IPN is this a common problem, and how do you deal with it?

The second issue:

While there is a 69% transaction success rate, the IPN response is at only about 5%. Of that 5% there is no rhyme or reason why some are receiving responses and some are not. I just installed the v2.3.4 (with the PHP globals), but that did not help with the problem at all.

Thanks.

Alex and others following this last fix,

As I mentioned, after about 1 week I would report on the use of this contribution with the latest fix in this thread.

Notwithstanding the issues I wrote a few days ago that are caused now after this fix, with register globals on, the invoice number is being passed to PayPal flawlessly and the IPN returns each time and updates the stock level and status of order. This happens with or without register globals enabled.

An appreciation goes out to the programmers of this contribution.

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

I gotta say my Paypal IPN has been working prefectly for months now...phew!

Or has it? I hav a smaller minor issue. How do I delete 100 PREPARING PAYPAL IPN orders in one BANG? I don't want to do them manually because well this will take a long time to do.

These are orders that people have never finished or completed so I want to get rid of them so when customers actually want me to check their order I can easily find it. I've been neglecting this area I know.....

Nigel

Edited by Tsuri Japan

I've been having problems with the tax and total appearing at PayPal's login and the information displayed once logged into PayPal.

This contribution relates to this environment:

PayPal IPN: 2.3.4

List individual items: Yes

Move tax to total: No

Here's the scenario:

- A customer orders four of the same item and the total sales tax is $4.19.

- The individual item tax submitted to PayPal is $1.05.

- The login at PayPal shows the total order cost off by one penny

- Once inside the order shows the total order cost off by a penny as does the total Tax ($4.20)

Here's what worked for me:

In in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php, I place this:

$parameters['tax_cart'] = $tax_total;

Just below this

} else {

// default

$parameters['amount'] = number_format($subtotal * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));

For more information regrading taxes, see "Tax for the Entire Cart" at https://www.paypal.com/IntegrationCenter/ic...html#individual where it indicates: "Use the tax_cart variable to specify a tax amount that applies to the entire purchase, rather than to individual items. The tax_cart variable overrides any per-item tax amount specified with tax_x."

I hope this helps,

Rich at VITW

(PayPal IPN, tax rounding, totals mismatch)

Now if I can only figure out why there wasn't an e-mail after a successful order...

Edited by VITW

Nigel

You can go to MySQL database. But you may find this process may take much longer than simply deleting one at a time in Admin and possibly more chances of making an error because you will have to deal with more than one table.

My advice, delete one at a time.

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

You can go to MySQL database. But you may find this process may take much longer than simply deleting one at a time in Admin and possibly more chances of making an error because you will have to deal with more than one table.

My advice, delete one at a time.

Alan

I guess I shouldn't of let it go for this long but I have some customers who keep trying to do orders over and over again. There really should just be a tick box next to all the orders then a select all to delete them in one she-bang. That way we don't have to select the order, press delete, confirm, then do it again. A new suggestion perhaps for orders.php file?

Maybe there's a contrib already for the orders.php file?

Nigel

I guess I shouldn't of let it go for this long but I have some customers who keep trying to do orders over and over again. There really should just be a tick box next to all the orders then a select all to delete them in one she-bang. That way we don't have to select the order, press delete, confirm, then do it again. A new suggestion perhaps for orders.php file?

Maybe there's a contrib already for the orders.php file?

Nigel

If you search the contributions, I am pretty sure I have seen one specifically for this.

I seem to have stumbled onto an old problem I cannot find the answer to in any support thread. I get an osC.class.php error when processing the order using PayPal IPN 2.3.3. First it called to an non-existent path and file => includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php - so I added it and the file, now I have double pathing problems instead as thus where it looks like it's now calling to database_tables.inc.php and checkout_process.inc.php files I do not know.

Is this an old issue that some one knows? There seems to be a lot of reference to the includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php error on the Internet via Google but I can find the solution

Warning: check_order_status(includes/modules/payment/paypal/database_tables.inc.php) [function.check-order-status]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php on line 27

Warning: check_order_status() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/paypal/database_tables.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php on line 27

Warning: before_process(includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php) [function.before-process]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 145

Warning: before_process(includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php) [function.before-process]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 145

Warning: before_process() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/modules/payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/centcom/public_html/onlinestore/includes/modules/payment/paypal.php on line 145

and an update just 7 hours later:

I have processed 15 orders and every one went through PERFECT! IPN notification is so nice when it works. I feel lazy now, I don't have to go check payment and update to processing myself, haha!

THANKS!!!

Paul,

Yea, I'm glad it's working in that issue also. However, do you have more than one shipping option, service? If so, what happens when after you select one service, go to the confirmation page and then change your mind, click another shipping service, then go to confirmation page, and then check out at PayPal? I find that the order is not updated, and the IPN comes back with different values since a different shipping service was selected. When this happens I have to go into the database and make the corrections. To test this you must not change the items or quantity of items in the basket, only the shipping service is changed.

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

Paul,

Yea, I'm glad it's working in that issue also. However, do you have more than one shipping option, service? If so, what happens when after you select one service, go to the confirmation page and then change your mind, click another shipping service, then go to confirmation page, and then check out at PayPal? I find that the order is not updated, and the IPN comes back with different values since a different shipping service was selected. When this happens I have to go into the database and make the corrections. To test this you must not change the items or quantity of items in the basket, only the shipping service is changed.

Alan

Yes, I just actually got an order in which actually a customer removed an item and then went back and finished checking out after he had been to the confirm page and logged it in my system. The IPN came back as Pending because the value received was different then what my database expected. I assume this is the same thing that happens with shipping. Luckily it seems my customers are pretty set on what they want by the time they get to the confirmation page. I am just happy that the IPN works, I don't mind updating an order from time to time. If it's fixed, great, but this is sooo much easier than it was before.

By the way I have AJAX order edit installed which makes it very simple to "go into the database" to change orders. I have to do it from time to time any way because someone will change their mind about the color of something, etc.

Paul

Yes, I just actually got an order in which actually a customer removed an item and then went back and finished checking out after he had been to the confirm page and logged it in my system. The IPN came back as Pending because the value received was different then what my database expected. I assume this is the same thing that happens with shipping. Luckily it seems my customers are pretty set on what they want by the time they get to the confirmation page. I am just happy that the IPN works, I don't mind updating an order from time to time. If it's fixed, great, but this is sooo much easier than it was before.

By the way I have AJAX order edit installed which makes it very simple to "go into the database" to change orders. I have to do it from time to time any way because someone will change their mind about the color of something, etc.

Paul

Paul you need to read my earlier posts on this problem. Your situation seems a little different than mine. If at any time after the customer goes to the confirmation page and changes quantities or product items, then when they get to the confirmation page again, OSC creates a whole new order, whether the customer changes shipping or not. When they pay after this situation, I have no problems when the IPN returns, because it is a whole new order. I just delete their previous Preparing [PayPal IPN] order(s). But when only shipping is changed after reaching the confirmation page, the order is not updated and also there is not another order created, therefore the IPN is different than what osc database expected.

It would appear that you situation may be worse than mine. The confirmation email sent out by OSC when the IPN is returned, is the previous information and not the updated info. So in my situation, if at first the customer chose USPS First Class Mail, then changed his mind to USPS Express, he will have paid for Express, but the confirmation email informs him he paid for First Class. I have to inform my customers to disregard the confirmatin email from OSC.

Now apply this to your situation. You might want to check to see if you customer who first opts for a $5 item then changes to $100 item is getting the proper email info.

Alan

Production:
osCommerce V. 2.3.4BS
VPS Box

Hi all,

I've added a HTML mail confirmation module which is not working when Paypal is being used. Is this because Paypal will do the emailing of the order? I'd much prefer Paypal to confirm the payment has been made then for me to send the order through HTML.

Any idea of the email confirmation works when going through Paypal?

Thanks!

Edited by kobe_2104

Matt Clark

General Manager

@AlexStudio

After following alancwade's thread for the IPN fix, I took your fixed code and placed it into a new paypal_ipn.php file, backed up the old file and uploaded the new file with the new code you provided. When I went to the "Payment Modules" section in the admin screens there were only about half of the payment options available that had been there before, and I got the following message at the top of the Payment Modules section:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /nfs/c02/h02/mnt/22612/domains/myclientstorename.com/html/tmstore/catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php on line 14

I just did a straight copy of the code you had in the forum thread, renamed the file and uploaded it. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Paul you need to read my earlier posts on this problem. Your situation seems a little different than mine. If at any time...

Alan

Oh, I see what you mean. This has happened once before to me since the new code, an international customer chose USPS EMS, saw the price, and went back and s changed it to First class. He paid for first class in paypal, but EMS was still listed as the shipment method in OSC. Only one order recorded in OSC. I believe this is the problem you are talking about?

The IPN comes back and updates the order to "pending" because the paid does not correspond with the price of the order. I simply have to go to the order and using AJAX Order Edit select the correct shipping method, and then update the order to processing. A little bit of extra work, but it has only happened once time in the last week, and with the order editor, it's simple to fix. I am still just very happy that the actual IPN service is working perfectly now, so I don't have to go update EVERY order to processing. If it can be fixed, that would be great, but for me it's not a huge deal.

Which version of osCommerce you're using?

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.