• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Try these 2 posts: #3235 and #3164 Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I'm getting this error on PayPal site:

To complete your payment, your country of residence must be same as the country to which you are shipping.

The country is the same (Brazil) and I just can't find out what's causing this error.

Is anybody else having this problem? Is this an issue with the contribution or with PayPal/

Any help is appreciated. TIA :)

Patty

I'm getting this error on PayPal site:

The country is the same (Brazil) and I just can't find out what's causing this error.

Is anybody else having this problem? Is this an issue with the contribution or with PayPal/

Any help is appreciated. TIA :)

Hi Patty

That error message is a common one for PayPal + eBay newbies who have not yet verified their bank account tied to the PayPal account, and not yet confirmed the address used for the account - both need done from within your PayPal account.

Are you using the PayPal account for both osCommerce and eBay?

If so, you need to clear the international trading restrictions at eBay so that they do not affect using the PayPal account with osC

Regards

Gaz

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

Tks for your reply.

I don't use eBay at all. But this is what I noticed: I have two PayPal accounts, one in the US and another in Brazil. The error happens when I use the one in the US and the shipping address for the order is in Brazil. If I use the one in Brazil, that doesn't happen.

So I guess it's a PayPal thing. <_<

Patty

Hello to all. Just installed this contrib. everything works fine exept one thing:

once paid with paypal ipn in the email the payment method is listed correctly. but in the admin and client historey the payment method is blank. Does anyone have a clue why?

Thanks for your help

:)

Hello to all. Just installed this contrib. everything works fine exept one thing:

once paid with paypal ipn in the email the payment method is listed correctly. but in the admin and client historey the payment method is blank. Does anyone have a clue why?

Thanks for your help

:)

Another little question: we had in the registration requirements the field "state" disabled. after reading in this forum, we realized, that this contribute requires the field "state". Now i wonder if already registered users can order and paying by paypal (they have blank state field now).

Greetings :)

Another little question: we had in the registration requirements the field "state" disabled. after reading in this forum, we realized, that this contribute requires the field "state". Now i wonder if already registered users can order and paying by paypal (they have blank state field now).

Well after realizing that already registered costumers (without stating their state in the adress ) couldn't pay with paypal ipn, i rushed to look for a solution.

spent now 1 hour searching this forum and found something.

in the file in /includes/modules/payment/paypa_ipn.php look for $parameters['address_override'] = '1';

just comment it out to have:

// $parameters['address_override'] = '1';

Apperently now paypal doesnt come up with the error message, that the merchant provided an errorous adress.... .

Please let me know if the above is correct.

Hi

I am trying to install both paypal IPN v2.3.3 and Product attributes - Option Type Feature.

I have an issue with checkout_process.php, so I believe I need (in this case) to modify ipn.php

OTF says to change the following

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

REPLACE with

// OTF contrib begins

//$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . tep_decode_specialchars($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);

// OTF contrib ends

However, ipn.php is not the same. It has the following

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ' ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

Please can someone advise exactly what I need to do in ipn.php

Thank you all very much

Hi

I have used PayPal IPN on my installations with great success. However, I have recently been having problems and the only real difference is that I have started using STS v4.5.3 I am tempted to remove it, but I thought that I would try this support thread 1st...

Basically, orders process OK, but the IPN reply from PayPal fails and returns me to the login page. At the PayPal 'Payment Confirmation' page I get a browser error as below:

---

Line: 148

char : 5

Error: 'PAYPAL' is undefined

Code: 0

URL: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...a72a7a4da266138

---

The default PayPal works OK too, but also displays the above error and does in fact empty the customer's cart which can then be found in Admin>Customers>Orders

I am not too happy for my client to be using the default PayPal, therefore I need to get IPN working.

I suspect that this is a STS issue, but is there anybody here that can help me work out what the above error (Error: 'PAYPAL' is undefined) refers to?

Regards

Malcolm

Edited by Danhosts

Hello,

After getting frustrated with Paypal Standard due to buyer having to return to store to get stock to update, I finally installed the Oscommerce Paypal IPN Mod. I did a live test tonight, and everything worked great except for one thing:

After completing a test order and then clicking on the "Complete Your Order Confirmation" button at PayPal, I was redirected to the buyer's shopping cart rather than checkout success (as set up on PayPal, and which works fine with Paypal Standard mod). The shopping cart listed the two items just purchased, but had a notation that they were out of stock. (I only carry unique items, so they would be out of stock).

Is there any way to modify the Paypal IPN php's to make it so that if the buyer clicks on the "Complete Your Order Confirmation" button, she is returned to checkout success rather than to their shopping cart? I've looked around and can't find anything about this. Every time I think I've finally got it, some crazy thing like this pops up. I don't have SSL and I have my settings set to "per item" and do not move tax.

Thanks for reading.

Heather

Hello,

After getting frustrated with Paypal Standard due to buyer having to return to store to get stock to update, I finally installed the Oscommerce Paypal IPN Mod. I did a live test tonight, and everything worked great except for one thing:

After completing a test order and then clicking on the "Complete Your Order Confirmation" button at PayPal, I was redirected to the buyer's shopping cart rather than checkout success (as set up on PayPal, and which works fine with Paypal Standard mod). The shopping cart listed the two items just purchased, but had a notation that they were out of stock. (I only carry unique items, so they would be out of stock).

Is there any way to modify the Paypal IPN php's to make it so that if the buyer clicks on the "Complete Your Order Confirmation" button, she is returned to checkout success rather than to their shopping cart? I've looked around and can't find anything about this. Every time I think I've finally got it, some crazy thing like this pops up. I don't have SSL and I have my settings set to "per item" and do not move tax.

Thanks for reading.

Heather

Never mind, I finally figured it out. I amended catalog/checkout_process.php and deleted referenced to redirecting to shopping cart. Hopefully it won't bite me in the butt later!

Thx,

Heather

Hi

I am trying to install both paypal IPN v2.3.3 and Product attributes - Option Type Feature.

I have an issue with checkout_process.php, so I believe I need (in this case) to modify ipn.php

OTF says to change the following

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

REPLACE with

// OTF contrib begins

//$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . $attributes_values['products_options_values_name'];

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $attributes_values['products_options_name'] . ' ' . tep_decode_specialchars($order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value']);

// OTF contrib ends

However, ipn.php is not the same. It has the following

$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ' ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];

Please can someone advise exactly what I need to do in ipn.php

Thank you all very much

Can anyone out there help me on this one? Have I missed something. I think this is causing me a problem, when I turn on downloads, the stock updating stops working, and I think this is the reason.

Everything else works fine (order email, confirmed order/ delivered, stock updates etc) until I turn downloads on, then suddenly everything still works EXCEPT the stock update (this is the same even though I have not yet set up any download attributes)

I do not need the attribute stock updating, just the item stock (items are modified to suit the attribute set, so I do not have separate stock of items with different attributes, just stock of the standard item, which I need updating)

Please can someone help?

It's driving me round the bend!

Thanks very much

All of a sudden all payment attempts through PayPal are now generating the following error when it transfers to PayPal:

Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address.

The addresses are certainly valid and this has just started happening (No config changes at our end what so ever. Running version 2.3.3

I have tried Googling but was not able to come up with anything useful. Any suggestions?

I am recieving this same thing all of a sudden. Anyone have any ideas? It appears the session id is gone from the url string. WTf?

I have tested with Paypal IPN, both live & sandbox does not offer the option for customer to pay using credit card info only. Is it a paypal problem or the addon problem? It only offers "Sign up for a PayPal account and continue checkout."

Anybody could enlighten me? Thanks a lot!

I have the module set up and works great, in test mode with my Sand Box account.

Question: I have multiple email addresses in my PayPal account and multiple osCommerce carts, for different domains, can I use any of the emails associated with my PayPal account to work with the PayPal IPN module.

Thanks!

I added this last night and everything works fine for ONE order. On completed payment the status changes and the email is sent to customer.

BUT when doing some more test order the status does not change and the customer does not get the confirmation email even thought the payment is marked Completed on paypals sandbox server.

Whats going on, does anyone else have this problem or know whats causing it please, I'm pulling my hair out here :'( :'(

Edited by SimpleSi

I just want to verify that the official PayPal IPN module is compatible with any osCommerce 2.x? I'm updating a client's site (actually building a new installation, version 2.2 RC2a) and I wanted to make sure that I can use this PayPal IPN module for that version of osCommerce.

Thanks in advance.

I have managed to get it working now but I have another crazy problem.

This happens using my live and sandbox account.....

I add items to my cart, select PayPal(IPN) etc.

I click Confirm. I then get an error saying "ERROR DETECTED-Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again."

BUT.

If I click the back button on the browser and press refresh so I'm back at conformation and then click "Confirm" it goes through perfect.

Also if I'm on the conformation page before getting the error and I hit F5(refresh) then click Confirm, The order goes through perfect.

Anyone got any idea's whats going on please ?

i've tried to sift through this thread for a solution, but don't seem to find one... (this board should allow you to search WITHIN a thread!)

has anyone figured out what to do when the Paypal IPN module doesn't deduct stock even when the customer returns to the site from Paypal? thanks!

Hi

I have a problem with this PayPal module that I have had since I installed it. I know I am using quite an older version although I'm not sure how to exactly tell which verison it is.

The problem is that in the Customer Comments box where PayPal leaves the order status' (eg pending, preparing) there is alot of extra code that shows up that doesnt need to be there.

A quick screen shot should explain the problem:

commentboxkf2.gif

This appears wherever the comment box appears, ie. the customers account/the admin side/invoice/packing slip.

How Can I remove this extra unnecessary code that makes it look like my website is broken?

... (this board should allow you to search WITHIN a thread!)

It does. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and you'll find a small box in the bottom left where the words "Enter keywords" appear. Type whatever you like here and it will search the thread.

Cheers,

Max

I have tested with Paypal IPN, both live & sandbox does not offer the option for customer to pay using credit card info only. Is it a paypal problem or the addon problem? It only offers "Sign up for a PayPal account and continue checkout."

Anybody could enlighten me? Thanks a lot!

LET THERE BE LIGHT: This is a setting in your paypal account; to enable it do the following.

Log in to PayPal and select "Profile" and then under "Selling Preferences" click "Website Payment Preferences" and then about 3/4 the way down the page click the radio button ON for the option "PayPal Account Optional". This will do it for you. Here is the features full description from the PayPal site:

About PayPal Account Optional

When PayPal Account Optional is turned on, your customers who are new to PayPal will no longer be required to create a PayPal account to complete a purchase—they will go through an alternate checkout, and will have the option to sign up afterward. Customers who already have PayPal accounts will continue to enjoy the privileges of those accounts, such as payment history and integration with eBay Auctions, and their checkout experience will remain the same.

This feature is available for Buy Now, Donations, and Shopping Cart buttons, but not for Subscription buttons.

Note: If you have turned on Auto Return and have chosen to turn on PayPal Account Optional for new users, a new user will not be automatically directed back to your website, but will be given the option to return.

Well I'm sure many of you have seen this before, but I'm stuck after hours on end trouble shooting. Maybe someone can clarify for me.

Here's where I'm at: I just moved to Godaddy and my older v1.2 IPN quit working (no surprise, right). So I un-installed the module, uploaded the v2.3.3 files and set the proxy as described to :3128. I've checked the permission and all of them look correct. I am not getting the order update emails, customers are not getting the order emails, stock is not updating, and the order page doesn't show the confirmation from the IPN in comments.

I am using HTTPS, I have a valid SSL through Godaddy's deluxe shared account and I have IPN turned off in my PayPal accounts

I have two sandbox accounts and have tested about 50 times, strangely enough, two of my post-backs actually made it through and updated correctly but without making any additional changes it stopped working again. The first time I got a post back was directly after changing to "aggregate" but I only got one postback before it went back to error.

When I try to access the ...ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php file directly in my browser I get an sql time out at 30 seconds and an email at my troubleshooting email address with the content:

$_POST:

$_GET:

don't know if this means the ipn.php file is accessible and my code is messed up or if my proxy settings aren't working?

Any clarification on these or ideas what to test to help narrow down my problem would be greatly appreciated. I can't figure why I've received 2 post backs but the other 50 or so have not made it through.

Thanks.