• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

HELP........

I have been using this mod for a while with no problems, now paypal keeps sending IPN confirmations.

Every few hours a new confirmation arrives even though it has already been confirmed.

I have made no changes to oscommerce or to the server. (it is my own dedicated server)

I did try and research the problem and found that if the server does not return a http 200 confirmation Paypal continue to send the confirmations.

Any help would be great!

HI all,

sure hope someone can help me. I am using the Paypal IPN module and when I test it for myself, creating user accounts and what not, I can make payments just fine. But I keep getting notices from customers that after order confirmation, the paypal login screen keeps showing an error that says "Click Here To Retry", so they can't login to pay. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance!

HI all,

sure hope someone can help me. I am using the Paypal IPN module and when I test it for myself, creating user accounts and what not, I can make payments just fine. But I keep getting notices from customers that after order confirmation, the paypal login screen keeps showing an error that says "Click Here To Retry", so they can't login to pay. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance!

Yes, it has been a problem for months now with PayPal. I experience it myself when paying for auction from eBay. Usually the problem presents itself when I use a browser other than IE. If I switch to using IE, the problem usually goes away. But a few months ago, even using IE did not resolve the problem. PayPal's work around was to have you go into your account, delete your primary checking account, pay for the account with a different account, and then after you had successfully made your payment then add the primary checking account information back into your account.

I haven't had to do that for a few months and it even affected my ability to transfer funds from my PayPal business account to my checking account. But of most recent switching to IE to make the payment seems to work. You could have the customer try and clear their cache but that didn't seem to resolve the problem.

Philip

To AlexStudio

Thanks a lot for this contrib.

I just want to inform you about some errors I've got.

First of all, I think that you redirect the customer, after the payment to CHECKOUT_PROCESS but it's to CHECKOUT_SUCCESS with the order number.

L. 515 (my code):

$parameters['return'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS,  'order_id='. substr($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, strpos($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, '-')+1), 'SSL');

Maybe is the same problem for jp.bond

The biggest problem I've got is that when the paypal IPN module is activated, some characters are changed by a "?" in my website like :

"fran�ais" instead of "français". My website is in french - CHARSET: iso-8859-1. I haven't got this problem with the paypal ipn v2.2 or with v.1.1 (2003/2004). I don't know what's the matter !! Anyone has an idea ?

To all who use this contribution :

It seems that paypal has a problem with any special character. When the customer valid the order and go in paypal payment page, paypal says : 'you've got special character that not can't be load by paypal'... or something like that ('scuse my poor english). I've got testing all configuration for my website : CHARSET: iso-8859-1/ iso-8859-15 and UTF-8 (franch paypal is under UTF-8), I've tested with the php function htmlentities() to translate in iso-8859-1/iso-8859-15/UTF-8. No one work perfectly. Some characters are okay, some are wrong. The best solution is to translate all the customers data with no special characters !

Another thanks to alexStudio.

Tilla

1. It is checkout_process.php, not checkout_success.php, for the return URL since the very first version v1.0.

2. Please search in this thread for special character issue. There are multiple solutions posted before.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

This is the message I get when I try to confirm the order and it takes me to paypal:

"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the shipping address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be shipped to that address."

Any Suggestions?

I have the latest PayPal IPN as a result of the good update. I run everything on IIS of windows. The installations called for me to have cURL and cURLlLib enabled but I do not have this at all on the sever. From my undestanding of cURL it is very hard to configure on Windows correct? and if so it does not run all the extensions neccessary to do its job correctly is this correct?

Also, is cURL or cURL lib necessary for this installation? or am I better with ssl?

thanks,

Tim

See the example code in ipn.php:
// Let's get the attributes
		$products_ordered_attributes = '';
		if ( (isset($order->products[$i]['attributes'])) && (sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']) > 0) ) {
		  for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($order->products[$i]['attributes']); $j<$n2; $j++) {
			$products_ordered_attributes .= "\n\t" . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['option'] . ' ' . $order->products[$i]['attributes'][$j]['value'];
		  }
		}

Alex, you are the man- couldn't have done it w/o your hint.

anyways i've sorted out more of my issue and this contribution is awesome. (according to my client :)

Thanks again.

oscnods

I would like to bypass the first screen and go directly to the creditcard-payment, instead of having to: Don't have a PayPal account?

Use your credit card or bank account (where available). Continue.

This PayPal-module bypasses the first screen: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,5655/

Is it possible to implement this function ? And is anybody up for it ?

Thanks !

Regards

jarzom

hi,

i'm using the PayPal IPN v2.3.3 module with OSC MS2.

Everything works during the client order process.

But at the end of the process on the Paypal window (paypal website), the client clicks to finalise payment, and return on my website, i have this error

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/65/site113/web/boutique/catalog/includes/languages/french/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:1) in /home/.sites/65/site113/web/boutique/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

and nothing more on the webpage.

There is no confirmation page but the client receive the order confirmation by email.

The only problem is the return page error.

any idea ?

thanks a lot !

jp

Really no help ?!

Edited by jp.bond

I noticed that the install text says I must delete my shipping proifile in PayPal. This is not possible because the person uses paypal for other online sales.

Is there a mod that will give you the option to use your shipping rates from paypal or the online store?

"The Voice"

Lefty 78, I can't offer you any help, but I can tell you I have the same problem. It started after I upgraded to v2.3.2 of this mod. I was able to get order confirmation working by restoring from a backup (code, not database) but that introduced has another problem.

Alex, please, can you offer us any other suggestions?

Thanks,

CatDad

My issue is resolved. This is a great contribution and the resolve ended up having NOTHING to do with the contribution. Timing was just amazing for this coincidence.

I asked my hosting company, told them what was going on, yada, yada. They stuck to their guns....it was a problem that was not related to the server "check your admin setting"

Well I am not a complete idiot. But, I checked again and again as I know sometimes mispellings or errors can "hide" very well when you have been at a console for hours on end. Nothing found there. So I removed mods one by one.

Nothing

So.....I backed everything up and took the site down. I removed everything. Created a new database and installed an unmodded store......SAME PROBLEM!!!!

NOW the hosting company took action......after 12hours of me working frantically for no reason.

Their fix took about 15 minutes when they finally took responsibility, I have included their only message below. Maybe it will help others, but I still dont believe it, the response sounds like more of an excuse.....

""We are happy to inform you that managed to resolve this issues. There was a spam ACL that was filtering the mails sent from your oscommerce application. We fixed it and now everything should be ok. ""

I am using the paypal_ipn and it seems to be installed with only some minor issues (isnt sending me email, but I will get back to that later). The other problem is a little more important. I am also using a Fixed Payment Type Charge. It seems to be working ok, the total is right in the shopping cart, but then when its transfered to paypal, it shows the total including the items bought and the shipping, but not this fixed fee. Please, can anyone advise on why? Please know this is my first time working with and learning os commerce, so the simpler, the better.

Thank You

Hi guys,

I've been searching and reading posts for the past week and still can't find my answer.

Running: osCommerce v.2.2 RC1

Installed: osCommerce PayPal IPN v2.3.3

Can't figure out how to set up the following fields:

Your Private Key (The location and filename of your private key to use for signing the order data.)

Your Public Certificate (The location and filename of your public certificate to use for signing the order data.)

PayPal's Public Certificate (The location and filename of the PayPal public key to use for encrypting the order data.)

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID (The public certificate ID that PayPal should use to decrypt the encrypted order data.)

Where am i suppose to get these? Do I have to upload them or install them on my server?

I need a simple informative guide to setting these fields up. Can somebody please help me out or point me to the right information?

Thank you in advance.

There is an alternative to the IPN process for those who, like me, cannot have a SSL connexion or have cURL enabled on their servers.

This contribution made by appli can be found here

What it does is creating a 2nd confirmation page.

When you click the first time on "confirm order", the order will be added to the database, and when click the 2nd time, you're then directed to the Paypal server to make the payment...

I actually was looking for something like that for so long!! It needs some improvement, but it works!

And if you have other payment method (I have also bank transfer), the 2nd checking confirmation page will not show up.

I thought it was a good idea to post it in this topic as I see so many people struggling to have IPN works...

I know for a fact my following question has been discussed but with over 173 pages of discussion of this module I'll be danged if I can find it.

When my customers want to order and item and have it shipped to a different address than the Credit Card Billing address, PayPal (or the IPN module) is putting their shipping address in the "Billing address section" of the payment form (on PayPals site) and will not let the customer select another address, change the one on the form, or add a "shipping address"

As I said I remember a discussion on how to allow them to use a billing and a ship to address but can't find it.

Also before anyone jumps in about the PayPal rules on "confirmed" address, etc... I am fully aware of them and I accept the risk of shipping to an address other than the credit card billing confirmed address as this has never been an issue with the products I sell.

Q: Where do I set the variable to allow the customer to have a shipping address and a billing address?

Hello Alex and again thks for your help.

I succeed to install your contrib and all is working fine. Nevertheless I would like to have a last update regarding the redirection parameters after a payment is made via paypall as for the moment i m redirect to checkout_process but the page is white ?

into the payal parameters :

AutoReturn : based on the documentation I do not enable it --> done

on Module configuration itself nothing to do. (Admin)

what s about the instant notify payment on the paypal parameters ?

Well and if you have any clue why i keep a white page on www.mysite.com/checkout_process.php after payment has been done

best regards

Xavier

Really no help ?!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/65/site113/web/boutique/catalog/includes/languages/french/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php:1) in /home/.sites/65/site113/web/boutique/catalog/includes/functions/general.php on line 29

This means that there is some space or special char befor <? on line 1 of your .../french/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php file.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hi guys,

I've been searching and reading posts for the past week and still can't find my answer.

Running: osCommerce v.2.2 RC1

Installed: osCommerce PayPal IPN v2.3.3

Can't figure out how to set up the following fields:

Your Private Key (The location and filename of your private key to use for signing the order data.)

Your Public Certificate (The location and filename of your public certificate to use for signing the order data.)

PayPal's Public Certificate (The location and filename of the PayPal public key to use for encrypting the order data.)

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID (The public certificate ID that PayPal should use to decrypt the encrypted order data.)

Where am i suppose to get these? Do I have to upload them or install them on my server?

I need a simple informative guide to setting these fields up. Can somebody please help me out or point me to the right information?

Thank you in advance.

Those can be left blank.

Satish

I am using the paypal_ipn and it seems to be installed with only some minor issues (isnt sending me email, but I will get back to that later). The other problem is a little more important. I am also using a Fixed Payment Type Charge. It seems to be working ok, the total is right in the shopping cart, but then when its transfered to paypal, it shows the total including the items bought and the shipping, but not this fixed fee. Please, can anyone advise on why? Please know this is my first time working with and learning os commerce, so the simpler, the better.

Thank You

Set Your order total sort order.

If that does not solve than when this fees is added your order object values need to be modified.

Satish

Set Your order total sort order.

If that does not solve than when this fees is added your order object values need to be modified.

Satish

I have the subtotal 1, shipping 2, fixed payment fee 3 and the total as 4, still does not send it through.

Back to the other issue I mentioned, I have been searching the web for days, and it seems like the problems I am having with not getting email notifications and my inventory not being updated are very common problems, yet I cant seem to find any solutions, just people saying it does not work. I actually had one guy tell me that with paypal_ipn you CAN NOT update inventory. Would you please advise. Thank you again for your time.

Well and if you have any clue why i keep a white page on www.mysite.com/checkout_process.php after payment has been done
Most likely you have a syntax error in your script, either checkout_process.php or includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php. Please check your server error log and see what went wrong.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.