• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my shipping is not getting sent to PayPal. I have lost a couple orders from customers backing out when I have to contact them regarding shipping charges. (Along the lines of "It's not MY fault your cart didn't charge shipping. Forget the whole thing.") I really need to get this running correctly.

Thanks in advance!

Have a great day!

Heather

Does anyone have an answer for this?

Thanks!

Heather

Quoted from stock osCommerce cookie_usage.php

hey alex, didn't know if you understand correctly, the following happens:

cookies enabled:

payment via paypal chosen

redirection to paypal

paypal login page

after login: confirm payment

status ok

cookies disabled (with session-ID in URL):

payment chosen

redirection

paypal login page

then -> no login at paypal possible but blank page at paypal (page not found in title)

therefore no confirmation at paypal possible

i HAVE the message cookie_usage.php enabled, for security reasons now, but before there was no possibility for users to checkout when cookies are disabled, because the session-ID was transmitted to paypal also. login-page at paypal appears, but no login was possible.

got it? ;-)

Since there is 162 pages on this tread and I don't have time to read them, will this Mod help with this:

Setting up recurring billing with osCommerce:

The store I am working on sells a monthly product and has subscriptions set up. I need to know what would be the best way to set this up in osCommerce.

This is exactly what I am looking for:

1. On going membership with a payment every month (like a wine club or Columbia house)

a. Has to include shipping (2 different flat fees for Domestic and international).

b. Has to include tax for Utah residence

2. 3 month membership with 3 monthly payments

a. Has to include shipping (2 different flat fees for Domestic and international).

Thanks

Since there is 162 pages on this tread and I don't have time to read them, will this Mod help with this:

Setting up recurring billing with osCommerce:

The store I am working on sells a monthly product and has subscriptions set up. I need to know what would be the best way to set this up in osCommerce.

This is exactly what I am looking for:

1. On going membership with a payment every month (like a wine club or Columbia house)

2. 3 month membership with 3 monthly payments

Thanks

1. This contrib allows you to accept payments via palpay. There is no built in code to make it auto bill each month

a. Shipping charges is part of oscommerce, check the admin section under shipping. You can set shipping by "zone"

b. Tax inclusion is set in the admin section of os commerce as well, please research this on the forums if you have trouble setting it up.

2. again, this is not a "feature" built in this contrib. This contrib allows you to accept paypal payments and recieve automated responses from paypal telling you the transaction completed/failed

a. check your shipping modules section

b. check tax zones in your admin section

This has nothing to do with the coding of this module. The form action URL doesn't have any session id tailed in the code, it's generated automatically by PHP when cookie is disabled in users' browser. Since you still can reach PayPal login page with order info correctly sent, the module is doing just fine. I think PayPal also requires cookie to login to. There for forcing cookie usage might be a good idea if you rely on PayPal.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I think PayPal also requires cookie to login to. There for forcing cookie usage might be a good idea if you rely on PayPal.

that was the message of the day, thank you alex.

sometimes there are small hints which i didn't have in mind...

you are right: paypal requires setting cookies!

i think this is a precious information for all people setting up an osC-shop with "force_cookie_use" to FALSE, which is recommended in the readme.

it is an easy calculation: people go off the site when cookies are required, ok, but people cannot pay via paypal without it...

thanks again for your support and keep up the good work!

What country are those customers who got the invalid address messages come from? If the addresses are from US or CA, the zip code has to match the state code otherwise PayPal rejects them.

I have a customer from Honolulu who can't checkout....

In the address book they have this as their info:

City: Honolulu

Zip code: 96819

I did a google check that info is correct. So why is not working once they go to Paypal? I'm lucky this customer was kind enough to tell me it's not working but I wonder how many more customers were having this problem. Europe has been ok for me but I haven't had any US cutomers lately so I wonder if something is happening?

I'm really getting tired of having to deal with all this Paypal stuff, it's such a headache and takes me away from doing things like adding new products and updating my products. 2008 I'm going to use a new credit card system that is more stable... (sorry for the rant)

Nigel :thumbsup:

Nigel

Please check your store setup and see if the 'state' field is required in address.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Hello all and alex.

First of all thxs alex for this module and for your quick responses.

I m new and i juste have a quick question regarding this module. I would like to know if the customer is oblige to have a Paypall account ? because I install the module, trying the payment and I go to this page : https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

how can I skip this step ? (I m in belgium)

Thxs and best regards

Xavier

You need to turn on 'PayPal account optional' in your account profile settings, so your customers don't have to sign-up with PayPal and still be able to pay you. However, your customers still have to be redirected to PayPal page, that's the way how PayPal Web Payments Standard works. Edited by AlexStudio

1. This contrib allows you to accept payments via palpay. There is no built in code to make it auto bill each month

a. Shipping charges is part of oscommerce, check the admin section under shipping. You can set shipping by "zone"

b. Tax inclusion is set in the admin section of os commerce as well, please research this on the forums if you have trouble setting it up.

2. again, this is not a "feature" built in this contrib. This contrib allows you to accept paypal payments and recieve automated responses from paypal telling you the transaction completed/failed

a. check your shipping modules section

b. check tax zones in your admin section

Ok, here is my problem mentioned right here. The shipping charge IS listed in the order, but when it is communicated to PayPal it disappears. This is EVERY order sent to PayPal. This contrib is the only one I have processing PayPal. I've followed ALL the instructions in the install, so I don't understand why it's not working. The total product is getting sent, just not the shipping charge.

Is ANYONE else having this problem?

Which version of this PayPal IPN module are you using?

You need to turn on 'PayPal account optional' in your account profile settings, so your customers don't have to sign-up with PayPal and still be able to pay you. However, your customers still have to be redirected to PayPal page, that's the way how PayPal Web Payments Standard works.

Great thxks Alex it s worrking ! by the way I dont like the way they populate "if you don t have an paypall account pls clixk here" ... difficult to see I think.

Another question regarding the private key/public certificate/pay pal's public certificate/ folder location. Is based on the admin folder ? meaning that if my folder with the keys are on ADMIN/KEY/key1.pem. I have to populate /key/key1.pem ?

Best regards

Xavier

For you must keep these key/cert from public access, placing them in a directory above (not under) your HTTP root is highly recommended. The fields for setting up the location of these files are using absolute path, not relative to your admin folder.

Which version of this PayPal IPN module are you using?

I installed 2.2.3 and have still had the exact same issue with several orders. It seems as long as PayPal is the one used it won't transfer the shipping....

Thanks!

Have a great day!

Heather

If you don't read the install guide, nobody can help.

This has been addressed in the install guide, in bold red text. I don't know what else I can do.

For v2.3 to work properly, there must not be any Shipping Calculations set in the Paypal account profile. Click to read more detail.
Quoted from the install_guide_READ_ME.html

And following the link there is:

Shipping Calculations

In order to send shipping/handling cost correctly to Paypal, you should not setup any Shipping Calculations in PayPal account Profile. Inactivating the settings will not work!! You must leave the Shipping Calculations blank!!

Quoted from the install_guide_READ_ME.html

And following the link there is:

Actually I did all that and it wouldn't work for me. First PayPal wouldn't let me put in blank info, and then it was just a nightmare. I am sorry to bother you, I just couldn't seem to make it work. Like I said before, I followed the instructions as listed in the file so I'm not a complete idiot.

Thanks for the help.

Have a great day!

Heather

OK, PayPal changed their server behavior again without notice. Now you can't remove shipping calculations anymore. Try checking on the Click here to allow transaction-based shipping values to override the profile shipping settings listed above (if profile settings are enabled). option at the bottom.

HI,

I've just installed the latest version of IPN on osCommerce 2.2ms2-060817

My problem is that when I try to configure the IPN module after installing it, the new settings are not stored in the database. Using osCommerce admin, I can successfully change other database entries - eg product pricing. But any new settings for IPN are not stored. I have doublechecked that the user permissions are ok by logging directly into mysql with the same user credentials and updating the tables manually. This works fine.

osCommerce doesn't display any errors. The updates just don't happen.

This must be a simple setting someplace. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

It has nothing to do with PayPal IPN, it's a well known 'bug' or compatability issue came with 060817 release. It has been 'fixed' in 2.2RC1, if you don't want to upgrade to 2.2RC1, check this post for a quick fix.

Hi, I've FTP'd the EXT and INCLUDES folders to a temp store, both ext and includes are on the same level as the admin folder.

eg: public_html/store/admin

public_html/store/ext

public_html/store/includes

When I attempt to install the Paypal IPN module via the Admin back end it does not appear in the list of Payment modules. I can browse the relevant folders and clearly see the files exist on the server.

I have tried uploading and installing to 2 separate test stores and I have the same problem

Hi, I've FTP'd the EXT and INCLUDES folders to a temp store, both ext and includes are on the same level as the admin folder.

eg: public_html/store/admin

public_html/store/ext

public_html/store/includes

When I attempt to install the Paypal IPN module via the Admin back end it does not appear in the list of Payment modules. I can browse the relevant folders and clearly see the files exist on the server.

I have tried uploading and installing to 2 separate test stores and I have the same problem

I'm experiencing this too. I thought I transferred the files into the wrong folder and double checked and ft

When I got to Admin-> Payment, I see it as :

Module Directory: /home/greatexp/public_html/includes/modules/payment/ under MODULES and I can't select the line item to install the paypal ipn module. I reckon it should at least appear as 'Paypal IPN' instead of 'Module Directory: /home/greatexp/public_html/includes/modules/payment/'

Anyhelp will be appreciated. Thanks!