• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

Sounds like a bug in the per item code block. I'll see what I can do when I have time.

Check if you have register globals turned off.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v2.3.3 For 2.2MS2 released. Download here.

• Bug fix - In v2.3.2 shipping tax would be added twice if set 'Display Prices with Tax' to true. Added configuration key 'Display Prices with Tax' checking to decide whether to add shipping tax as an item or not.
  • Bug fix - In v2.3.2 when item quantity larger than 1, extra shipping tax would be added at PayPal. Fixed by multiplying the item tax by quantity before checking the tax total.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

I am new to OSCommerce and recently installed 2.2 and noticed the problem with Paypal when a person places an order with them and doesn't return to the website. My question is: which bug fix should I install (there are so many!) and how do I go about doing that? Again, I am marginal in my knowledge of OSCOMMERCE so please excuse my ignorance. It is a very big inconvenience for my customers and just want to make sure they are taken care of properly.

Thanks in advanced :)

Does anyone have this working with ccgv contrib. I can not get it to pass the discount value.

Also if it is in a zone with tax. it does not pass the correct tax amount to paypal and adds a "shipping tax" line to the invoice that is also an incorrect amount.

anyone have any advice on this.

Thanks

Greg

Also if it is in a zone with tax. it does not pass the correct tax amount to paypal and adds a "shipping tax" line to the invoice that is also an incorrect amount.
I can't reproduce the problem you described with v2.3.3 of this PayPal IPN module.

Can someone explain or tell me why this is happnening...

I have paypal IPN installed from about a month or so ago after paypal updated their homepage and all shipping fees were not working right. After that all was well, I was happy.

But recently I have a problem. My customers are paying me ok with paypal and adding the items to their cart but the order isn't changing from preparing IPN to order recieved.

My two questions are:

Is there something wrong with IPN?

Or do I have customers who are simply just finding out how much their shopping cart is then going to their paypal account to pay me manually?

I hope to resolve this issue quickly because things are busy in my shop and it's getting really annoying have to check the emails and compare the preparying IPN orders.

Nigel

I can't reproduce the problem you described with v2.3.3 of this PayPal IPN module.

Hey thanks Alex. I did not see that there was an update yesterday. I have updated it and it does look to be working. Thanks.

Greg

Please upgrade to v2.3.3 and read the documents in that package. Edited by AlexStudio

also in my orders receipt from paypal all I get is the order number and the customers name, what's going on here?

Can someone please help me out here.

Nigel

PS I made a mistake in my previous message. I've had IPN installed for two years and this is the first time my orders aren't showing up in my papal account receipt or in my shop properly. Is this a new common problem?

Please upgrade to v2.3.3 and read the documents in the package first. PayPal has changed the 'website payment standard' behavior, older versions of this module might not work any longer.

Alex

Just a quick query on v2.3.3

Were there any changes to the language files?

If not then I won't need to edit them again :-" feeling lazy today ;)

Gaz

Wearing a seatbelt prevents head injuries when the computer crashes - - - Yeah Right!!! - not in this office.

Only changed the version number in language level files, which helps to identify the current version of this module in admin.

2.3.3 When am international customer pays it shows the funds on paypal as $7,50 instead of $7.50. Comma instead of period. Supposed to be like that?

I also just noticed and i dont know how this is possible but my domestic usps shipping names changed after installing this.....They used to say:

First Class (2-5 Days)

now it looks like this:

FIRST CLASS

Any idears?

Jason

Please upgrade to v2.3.3 and read the documents in the package first. PayPal has changed the 'website payment standard' behavior, older versions of this module might not work any longer.

Alex,

Am having the same issue as Nigel (Ex: Shipping charges are not getting added to PayPal totals). I'm sure this has been answered, but could you tell me *when* PayPal changed their code?

Cheers!

I would love to get updates when this contrib gets updated....

Ok looking good I got an order last night it's back to normal:

11/18/2007 10:29:09 Order Received PayPal IPN Verified [payment status: Completed (Verified; 4,520YEN),

Customer PayPal address: XXXXXXXX unconfirmed]

Thanks for your help.

Nigel

Hello everyone!

I have the version 2.3.3 installed and I am having problems with the confirmation email sent to my customers.

The problem is:

The customer go through the process of buying a product ( select a product, put in the cart, confirm shipping address, choose payment method, confirmation, go to PayPal's website, make the payment) but the email sent to the client is always on the language set as default on my store.

Is therea fix to this?

Thank you for your help.

Andre

The language parameter sent back to ipn.php is not automatically recognized. Add one line in catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

at line 16 find:

include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS);

add before:

$language = $_GET['language'];

That's it. If your PHP version is below 4.1.0 then use $HTTP_GET_VARS instead of $_GET

P.S. This is not a bug. The language parameter should have been taken care of by application_top.php, I don't know why it's not working for you.

Edited by AlexStudio

Hey Alex =)

I have Paypal IPN 2.3.3 installed, and for some reason I'm not getting to the 'set Paypal Completed status'.

I have 'Preparing [Paypal IPN]' defined, that works.

I have 'Pending' defined for verified - that works also

The response on the edit page I get is:

PayPal IPN Verified [payment status: Completed (Verified; £6.44),

Customer PayPal address: <blahblahblah> confirmed]

--

I have 'Processing' defined for 'Completed order status' - but that doesn't seem to update... It's still in 'Pending' (see above)

I've waited about 30 mins as well.

Any ideas?

If you changed the orders status settings (via Localization->Orders status or phpMyAdmin) after PayPal IPN installed, you need to remove PayPal IPN and re-install it in Modules->Payment page.

If you're asking about the IPN messages logged in the comments field of orders status history, there is no way to change it because it is what PayPal has in the IPN messages.

Edited by AlexStudio

What is the difference with the IPN module and the regular Paypal module that comes with osCommerce?

I am moving from 2CO to PayPal.

I am having trouble with the latest IPN module.

Firstly it calculates the amounts to be 0.

My fix for this is to remove the

* $currencies->get_value($my_currency)

from the following lines:

if(MOVE_TAX_TO_TOTAL_AMOUNT == 'True') {
	  $parameters['amount'] = number_format(($subtotal + $order->info['tax']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));
	} else {
	  // default
	  $parameters['amount'] = number_format($subtotal * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));
	  $parameters['tax'] = number_format($order->info['tax'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));
	}
	if ($order->content_type != 'virtual') {
	  $parameters['shipping'] = number_format($order_total['ot_shipping'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));
	}
	$parameters['handling'] = number_format($order_total['ot_loworderfee'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency));

I am not sure what the

* $currencies->get_value($my_currency)

is supposed to achieve but I know it zeros the 'amount'. My currency is set to AUD

Secondly, with the above fix, I go to do a sandbox payment, and I succeed with the payment, then click the button to return to merchant site, and it goes off but never returns to my site.

It gets stuck at:

https://www.sandbox.paypal.com/checkout_process.php (not sure why checkout_process.php is being added to the PayPal domain.

I have installed the mod as is, and only made the 1 small change as mentioned earlier.

please help

What version of osCommerce you're using?

$currencies->get_value() function came with the stock currencies class, if it's not working then you have a serious problem either in your currencies settings or in the code.

The return URL you posted is also pointing to a serious problem in your osCommerce. It was generated by:

$parameters['return'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

In your case the tep_href_link() function is not working properly as well.