• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

No customer comments in confirmation email fixed, please see this topic.

Ralph - many thanks for posting this! Your fix will be included in the next update. with thanks, Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

I had to add "$currency = $order_db['currency'];" after

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

$payment_modules = new payment(paypal_ipn);

in ipn.php

so that the mail is well written, because for strange reason the currency is set to dollars every time in this file (ipn.php).

I set the default currency to euros but this didn't change anything.

Lada - many thanks for the bug fix! Yes, you're right - the class "currency" uses the global $currency settting .. which isn't set in the ipn.php as there's no customer session. Your fix is spot on and will be included in the next update.

Just to explain - the culprit is here:

$products_ordered .= $order->products[$i]['qty'] . ' x ' . $order->products[$i]['name'] . $products_model . ' = ' . $currencies->display_price($order->products[$i]['final_price'], $order->products[$i]['tax'], $order->products[$i]['qty']) . $products_ordered_attributes . "\n";

which ties into this class function (/includes/classes/currencies.php):

// class methods
function format($number, $calculate_currency_value = true, $currency_type = '', $currency_value = '') {
  global $currency;

if (empty($currency_type)) $currency_type = $currency;

.. it calls upon the currency class but as there's no session data it goes back to a default which could be anything.

many thanks for proving this fix. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

I seem to be having problems with the IPN notifications and updating the order/creating the order email. I have put error_log debug into the ipn.php that paypal calls and it seems to be getting called, but getting stuck at the same point all the time.

Extract from the log:

[14-Feb-2007 06:41:27] IPN Callback running : invoice number 59 customer 23

[14-Feb-2007 06:41:58] IPN Callback requesting verification

[14-Feb-2007 06:41:58] IPN Callback received verification : VERIFIED

[14-Feb-2007 06:41:58] invoice check complete

if we look at the ipn.php code you can see it's getting stuck when checking if the order exists in the table and just hanging there

if ($result == 'VERIFIED') {
   if (isset($_POST['invoice']) && is_numeric($_POST['invoice']) && ($_POST['invoice'] > 0)) {
error_log("invoice check complete");
     $order_query = tep_db_query("select currency, currency_value from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . $_POST['invoice'] . "' and customers_id = '" . (int)$_POST['custom'] . "'");
     if (tep_db_num_rows($order_query) > 0) {
  	error_log("order check complete");
       $order = tep_db_fetch_array($order_query);

i've looked at mysql and run the sql statement myself, and it all works. the php _should_ work. Sometimes it does work, which is even more puzzling. There seems to be no pattern as to when it will or won't work. Perhaps it could be something to do with the server load at my ISP ? Does anyone have any ideas?

Duncan - I'm not ignoring your post but I just can't think of a solution. The "peekaboo" bugs are the worst - unless there's a common element to the orders which don't work then I tend to agree with your idea that it could be server related. Only way to test would be to install a copy of your site on a different server / hosting provider & test run it. all the best - Terra

PS: I really like your debugging method - I think I may just "borrow" it for the next update and include debug comments. Should make helping on this forum easier.

step 1: If you log in to osscommerce, go through to the confirmation page in the checkout process, an order will be created.

step 2: If you now log out (via the link), and log in as some one else, when you go through the confirmation page again in the checkout process, the same order_id will appear in the hidden form fields as from step 1.

To Fix this problem add this line to the logoff.php file where its unregistering the other session variables:

tep_session_unregister('cart_PayPal_IPN_ID'); // Fix Paypal IPN order_id miss-match bug

For the benefit of others looking for this issue...

- Wrong customer_id/custom in oscommerce paypal order

- Wrong invoice_id/invoice_number in oscommerce paypal order

it may also be related to the bug where the same invoice number is going through twice...

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247976

Trying to make a fix to the PayPal IPN to get another contribution going - but hit a snag...

Anyone here have ideas on this issue with PayPal IPN and Product Option Type feature?

I downloaded virtually every version of PayPal IPN, and searched the text for the third line, as prescribed in this fix (link above) and have come up empty handed.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? I am having the exact same problem - only I cannot find the code in the paypal_ipn.php file to make the fix.

Hitting a dead-end with this. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help...

--Jeff

Pre-ramble:

First of all, as several others have said, thanks for a great time-saving module.

In fact, thanks for osCommerce, I couldn't have afforded to run my small shop without it.

I have read osC_PayPal_IPN_install_guide_READ_ME.html and followed the instructions (I think).

There are some bits that I know I don't quite understand.

I have also tried searching but I'm not quite sure what to search for,

and there seems to be no way to search within a thread (111 pages of posts is a lot to read).

My problem:

I've got it installed and it almost works.

When I make a test purchase, the pre-mature order status is set to 'Preparing [PayPal IPN]'.

But, when I complete payment at PayPal, the status does not change ,

and it is still the same when I click 'Complete your Order Confirmation' (used to be 'Return to merchant') and return to my web site.

I have noticed that the 'Complete your Order Confirmation' link is http://www...com/checkout_process.php

(I end up at checkout_success.php which looks right from my point of view as a 'customer')

But, shouldn't the link be ipn.php ?

If so, how do I change it?

My module settings are:

Enable PayPal IPN Module: TRUE
Gateway Server: LIVE
E-Mail Address: <The one I've always used with PayPal>
Sort order of display: 0
Transaction Currency: Selected Currency
Payment Zone: --none--
Force shipping address? TRUE
Set Preparing Order Status: Preparing [PayPal IPN]
Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status: default
Set PayPal Completed Order Status: default
Transaction Type: Aggregate
Move tax to total amount: True
Page Style
Debug E-Mail Address
Enable Encrypted Web Payments: False

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Alan

I have noticed that the 'Complete your Order Confirmation' link is http://www...com/checkout_process.php

(I end up at checkout_success.php which looks right from my point of view as a 'customer')

But, shouldn't the link be ipn.php ?

If so, how do I change it?

Hi Alan - the settings are correct. With PayPal you have 2 URLs - one where the info is sent back about whether the payment was successful (that's ipn.php) and one where the customer is sent back to (which is checkout_process.php .. this then leads to checkout_success.php). In the paypal_ipn.php file you'll therefore find 2 entries:

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php', 'language=' . $_SESSION['language'], 'SSL', false, false);
$parameters['return'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL');

Your problem indicates that PayPal can't "talk" with your site. Can you advise what you already tried? The first things to check would be

* Check that the ipn.php is correctly uploaded into the new /ext/ directory

* Check that "register globals" is enabled for the /ext/ directory. To do this try typing the full pathway into your browser: http://www.mydomain.com/ext/modules/paymen...pal_ipn/ipn.php (modify path accordingly if your shop is installed in a folder). If you get a warning which says "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory" then you need to change your server setting by putting the proper php.ini in each directory leading up to ipn.php. Alternatively contact your hosting provider to help you with this.

Fix courtesy of Troy Wilson (post 1990) and weia (post 1278) on the support thread.

* If you are hosted with GoDaddy, please implement the GoDaddy fix included in the user guide

If you can advise what you've already tested would be great so we can rule out the usual suspects & find out what's going on. all the best - Terra

BUMP POST

Hi

I am updating from version 1.4

and have this error on checkout confirmation:

1054 - Unknown column 'orders_status_id' in 'field list'

insert into orders_status_history (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('4781', '100002', now(), '0', '')

any ideas

thanks

carl

Hi Terra

Thank you for replying so fast.

> * Check that the ipn.php is correctly uploaded into the new /ext/ directory

Path is /<html root>/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php

> * Check that "register globals" is enabled for the /ext/ directory. To do this try typing the full pathway into your browser:

A completely blank page is returned; no error message.

But, an email was sent to my 'Debug E-Mail Address'

Title: PayPal IPN Invalid Process

Body:

$_POST:

$_GET:

> * If you are hosted with GoDaddy, please implement the GoDaddy fix included in the user guide

I'm hosted by 1&1 -- I've read about problems with osCommerce SSL and 1&1 so, at least for now, I've avoided enabling SSL.

> If you can advise what you've already tested would be great so we can rule out the usual suspects & find out what's going on.

I've tried what I think are the three main tests:

1) Place an order as far as being re-directed to PayPal, then drop the browser.

2) Place an order, make the payment at PayPal, but don't return using the 'Complete your Order Confirmation' link.

3) Place an order, pay at PayPal and finally click 'Complete your Order Confirmation'.

They each result in the same 'Preparing [PayPal IPN]' status.

> all the best

Same to you.

Regards -- Alan

Edited by AlanQ

I'm hosted by 1&1 -- I've read about problems with osCommerce SSL and 1&1 so, at least for now, I've avoided enabling SSL.

This is most likely what went wrong. Please check your includes/configure.php and see what you have in the HTTPS_SERVER definition. The line in paypal_ipn.php:

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php', '', 'SSL', false, false);

will put the https url in the button code. If you have had something wrong in the HTTPS_SERVER line of configure.php, IPN would fail.

AFAIK the SSL problem with 1&1 host is that it returns the getenv('HTTPS') == '1' rather than getenv('HTTPS') == 'on', which failed the request type checking code in includes/application_top.php. If you have an SSL certificate (shared or dedicated) for your website, you'd better enable it. Please refer to this thread for the 'fix' of the SSL issue with 1&1 host.

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

Thanks, Alex, but I think we're at crossed-purposes here.

I am using 1&1 but I'm not using SSL, yet.

I'll come back to your post when I do decide to enable SSL and hopefully you will have dug me out of the hole before I fall in it :)

Cheers

Al

Thanks, Alex, but I think we're at crossed-purposes here.

I am using 1&1 but I'm not using SSL, yet.

I'll come back to your post when I do decide to enable SSL and hopefully you will have dug me out of the hole before I fall in it :)

Cheers

Al

well, my point is that you must set your HTTPS_SERVER correctly, or set your ENABLE_SSL to false in your includes/configure.php at the first place.

If that is not the case, then you need to check if IPN can reach your ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php. You can add a mail() function at the top of your ipn.php file as Terra suggested in an earlier post, to send an email to you on each IPN call. If you get that email but no further actions like updating orders status, sending out invoice email...etc, your ipn.php can't 'talk' back to paypal. You will need to find out with your host why ssl connections on port 443 couldn't be established between your host and PayPal, or why curl couldn't get through https to PayPal.

Edited by AlexStudio

Super Download Shop, PayPal Express Checkout IPN, Selling Downloads, Visual Validation (preventing robotic flood), phpBB2 Integration

Yes, I'm willing to help, but please ask in the right place. Think twice before trying to PM me, it might be ignored.

1054 - Unknown column 'orders_status_id' in 'field list'

insert into orders_status_history (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('4781', '100002', now(), '0', '')

Hi Carl - orders_status_id is a standard osCom field so your problem is likely not IPN related. The PayPal IPN contrib is for standard osCom shops - if your shop uses a different setup, then it won't work. The error tells you that it can't find the column in your db (and as it's a standard field it should be there). Just have a look in your database in table "orders_status_history" to see what columns you have. All the best - Terra

CORRECTION! Your order_status_id is '100002' which is too long - the field is only set for 5 digits. Check your shop with regards to orders_status_id and make sure it's shorter than 5 digits (or change the db field). Normally this field should be a small number such 1,2,3 etc. If you need it longer just change it from 5 to 11 and it should work. Terra

Edited by Terra

But, an email was sent to my 'Debug E-Mail Address'

Title: PayPal IPN Invalid Process

Body:

$_POST:

$_GET:

Hi Alan - the debug email is a good sign. That means PayPal correctly accessed the file so at least we know that bit is working.

Now the bad news is that PayPal is unable to verify the order with your shop. Verification means an exchange of variables between PayPal and your shop.

I'd be grateful if you can supply the following information:

-> your exact version of PHP you are running

-> what port 1&1 allow you to use (port 80, port 443). NB: make sure that this info is correct for a site which does not have full SSL.

-> if cURL is enabled

If you can post this information we should get a bit closer to finding out what's going wrong. If you don't know the info yourself please ask your hosting provider - without it, I can't help. You can advise 1&1 that this is to debug a payment module which needs to establish a connection with the payment site (hence the port query).

All the best - Terra

Hi,

Is it possible to add a Paypal logo under the text on the payment_checkout page. I want the logo under the text which offers Paypal as a payment option.

I know it is simple to add the html but I just can't figure out where it should go.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob.

No question....just a big thank you to Terra and all the others for this contribution.... and I must say, I was amazed of all the support you give....

Here under changes we made to use this contribution in another way. Maybe it can help somebody.

If not many changes had been done in the OSC version you are using, the contribution worked fine and directly after the first installation. Again thank you as it is a great job. But for us we made so many changes to checkout_process.php (marketing tracking, extra quickorder processing with create account at the end, mail sending, etc.), that we wanted to keep all this functionalities at one place, including the stocks updates as even if the payment is still not accepted, the quantities shouldn’t be available anymore. We also really wanted to sent the mail directly at the end of the checkout_process.php and allow the call of paypal at the end of the order on the checkout_success.php page.

So we inverted a little bit the process :

1. in paypal_ipn.php : we commented out the save order part

2. in paypal_ipn.php : we commented out the tep_redirect in the before_process() function so that it could go through the checkout_process.php page

5. in checkout_confirmation.php : we allowed to go directly to checkout_ process.php instead of opening paypal

3. in checkout_process.php : we saved the order completely and send the mails, like usual, just adding a note in the mail to tell that this order is still temporary before the payment is accepted

4. in paypal_ipn.php : we updated the after_process() function which is launched at the end of checkout_process.php to update the database to know that the mail as been sent for this paypal order and to prepare the paypal calling

6. in checkout_success.php : we allowed open paypal instead of doing this in the checkout_confirmation.php page.

7. ipn.php : we commented out the sending mail part for the order confirmation + the stock updates as it has already been done in checkout_process.php

This is fine, but big negative issue is that if people cannot pay via paypal or want to abort paypal process, they won't be able to come back and change the payment method before checking out, but we liked it better like this und we don’t have all these paypal temporary orders if people quit before checking out.

Kindest regards and thank you again for all you did.

ASULIS

You've got the variable wrong - try this:
$parameters['item_name'] = STORE_NAME . ' order ' . substr($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, strpos($cart_PayPal_IPN_ID, '-')+1);;

all the best - Terra

Terra, I was wrong when I wrote that this worked. Here's the behavior with this modification:

1. when the customer builds his cart and goes to Paypal, there is no number after "order" in paypal.

2. if the customer goes back one page, lands back on checkout_confirmation.php, and then hits the order button again, then an order number appears on the Paypal page.

Could it be that $cart_PayPal_IPN_ID is empty / not passed the first time, and that the customer has to go back one step for this variable to have something in it? Is there any way to correct this?

Hi,

Great contribution, it all works well for me but there are 2 problems i want to solve.

I have installed the v2.2 and test run in paypal sandbox.

1. When coming in to the first page in paypal i got a error text:

You have entered unsupported characters for this field. Current available language character types are: European, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, and Thai. Please try again.

See link: paypal page1

Hi Charlie,

CHARACTERS

There was a debate on this thread a few pages further back about unsupported characters. Please review this thread and see if it's any help. The character encoding of your site would depend on the character encoding of the pages & your database. If the information published on this thread doesn't help, please post back with full information about your character encoding set-up (pages / database) and what you already tried to solve this problem. If you do a search on this thread about "character" or "encoding" you will find the relevant posts quickly.

all the best - Terra

Hi Terra,

Thanks for your reply.

I have searched as you said and got the information about character settings. I have checked the charset for my database and webpage an both was the same (iso-8859-1-en). So, the charset should be correct due to the searched information.

As the same problem remain, Do you have any other ideas ?

All the best /Charlie

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=247976

Trying to make a fix to the PayPal IPN to get another contribution going - but hit a snag...

Anyone here have ideas on this issue with PayPal IPN and Product Option Type feature?

I downloaded virtually every version of PayPal IPN, and searched the text for the third line, as prescribed in this fix (link above) and have come up empty handed.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? I am having the exact same problem - only I cannot find the code in the paypal_ipn.php file to make the fix.

Hitting a dead-end with this. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any help...

--Jeff

Jeff,

The code your looking for is in the ipn.php file in /catalog/ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn. In this file it is specifically in the email section and has a comment that looks like this:

// Customer Email template variable

It should be about 1-3 lines from this point.

Troy Wilson

Keepsake-storybooks.com

I just installed but, I am getting this error when trying to go through the checkout process. It takes me to the paypal site but this error message is displayed...

We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please click Retry or try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Message 3004

Any help?

HELP.

I installed Paypal IPN v2.1 and everything seemed fine. I had 1 order and now when I try to put an order through whether live or testing I get the following error message. What have I done wrong. It doesn't happen with ordinary paypal

1062 - Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value) values ('47', 'fred flintstone', '', '123 fred street', '', 'anytown', 'FL3 5TG', 'somewhere', 'United Kingdom', '001236547896', '[email protected]', '1', 'fred flintstone', '', '123 fred street', '', 'anytown', 'FL3 5TG', 'somewhere', 'United Kingdom', '1', 'fred flintstone', '', '123 fred street', '', 'anytown', 'FL3 5TG', 'somewhere', 'United Kingdom', '1', 'Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal)', '', '', '', '', now(), '4', 'GBP', '1.00000000')

[TEP STOP]

Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /homepages/21/d189605165/htdocs/dropship/includes/functions/database.php

[line] => 44

[function] => tep_db_error

[args] => Array

(

[0] => insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value) values ('47', 'fred flintstone', '', '123 fred street', '', 'anytown', 'FL3 5TG', 'somewhere', 'United Kingdom', '001236547896', '[email protected]', '1', 'fred flintstone', '', '123 fred street', '', 'anytown', 'FL3 5TG', 'somewhere', 'United Kingdom', '1', 'fred flintstone', '', '123 fred street', '', 'anytown', 'FL3 5TG', 'somewhere', 'United Kingdom', '1', 'Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal)', '', '', '', '', now(), '4', 'GBP', '1.00000000')

[1] => 1062

[2] => Duplicate entry '0' for key 1

)

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /homepages/21/d189605165/htdocs/dropship/includes/functions/database.php

[line] => 95

[function] => tep_db_query

[args] => Array

(

[0] => insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, currency_value) values ('47', 'fred flintstone', '', '123 fred street', '', 'anytown', 'FL3 5TG', 'somewhere', 'United Kingdom', '001236547896', '[email protected]', '1', 'fred flintstone', '', '123 fred street', '', 'anytown', 'FL3 5TG', 'somewhere', 'United Kingdom', '1', 'fred flintstone', '', '123 fred street', '', 'anytown', 'FL3 5TG', 'somewhere', 'United Kingdom', '1', 'Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal)', '', '', '', '', now(), '4', 'GBP', '1.00000000')

[1] => db_link

)

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /homepages/21/d189605165/htdocs/dropship/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

[line] => 180

[function] => tep_db_perform

[args] => Array

(

[0] => orders

[1] => Array

(

[customers_id] => 47

[customers_name] => fred flintstone

[customers_company] =>

[customers_street_address] => 123 fred street

[customers_suburb] =>

[customers_city] => anytown

[customers_postcode] => FL3 5TG

[customers_state] => somewhere

[customers_country] => United Kingdom

[customers_telephone] => 001236547896

[customers_email_address] => [email protected]

[customers_address_format_id] => 1

[delivery_name] => fred flintstone

[delivery_company] =>

[delivery_street_address] => 123 fred street

[delivery_suburb] =>

[delivery_city] => anytown

[delivery_postcode] => FL3 5TG

[delivery_state] => somewhere

[delivery_country] => United Kingdom

[delivery_address_format_id] => 1

[billing_name] => fred flintstone

[billing_company] =>

[billing_street_address] => 123 fred street

[billing_suburb] =>

[billing_city] => anytown

[billing_postcode] => FL3 5TG

[billing_state] => somewhere

[billing_country] => United Kingdom

[billing_address_format_id] => 1

[payment_method] => Credit/Debit Card (via PayPal)

[cc_type] =>

[cc_owner] =>

[cc_number] =>

[cc_expires] =>

[date_purchased] => now()

[orders_status] => 4

[currency] => GBP

[currency_value] => 1.00000000

)

)

)

[3] => Array

(

[file] => /homepages/21/d189605165/htdocs/dropship/includes/classes/payment.php

[line] => 182

[function] => confirmation

[class] => paypal_ipn

[type] => ->

[args] => Array

(

)

)

[4] => Array

(

[file] => /homepages/21/d189605165/htdocs/dropship/checkout_confirmation.php

[line] => 257

[function] => confirmation

[class] => payment

[type] => ->

[args] => Array

(

)

)

)

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere in the thread. I did look and couldn't find anything similar

Thanks

I am attempting to install v2.2. I previously had v1.1 working. I removed it from the admin panel, uploaded the new files and installed the new version.

Here's the problem: I am not able to change any of the IPN settings in the admin panel. When I click the update button any of the changes that I have made are lost.

Update - I still can't get it to work. It is now uninstalled and I have deleted all files from the server. On the main admin page under 'Orders' there is still a 'Preparing [PayPal IPN]' line. I would have thought this would disappear?!

Hello Guys

Thanks for the contribution its great.

This may have been sorted, didn't have time to look through the whole thread!

I've been playing around with the county pre-populate problem for the UK.

I think it is because the counties that Paypal use are from a set.

If (as a test) you set

$parameters['state'] = 'Swansea';

The county gets pre-populated as Swansea.

The problem is that the user enters the county by typing it in rather than a drop down, so problems are going to occur.

I'm no expert on PHP and oscommerce, but it may be possible to work in the drop down when a user registers?

You can get all the counties by looking at the source of the paypal page.

Cheers

Hope it helps

Andrew