• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Official PayPal IPN Support Thread

Mark Evans

yeah i tried it with that setting and without it . the return works. .but for somereason its not communicating with the store so that it can change its order status

okay - my advice to read the user guide was obviously too tedious to follow. So here's the copy of the paragraph from the user guide, which is in the contribution package:

IPN

You do NOT need to enable the IPN in your PayPal account as all the required information is sent by the module.

If you do wish to activate it, then the notify URL is the pathway to the /ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php file.

Please note - reading the user guide may help in using this contribution. Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

and how to solve the invoice already paid error

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

1406 - Data too long for column 'configuration_description' at row 1

Quick solution is simply to shorten the description - chop some text off and then re-install. I will shorten the text in the next update to stop this from occurring (I think it's just a few characters over the 255 limit).

Try replacing the entry with this:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_CONFIGURATION . " (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Force PayPal shipping address?', 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_IPN_SHIPPING', 'False', 'If TRUE, the order includes the PayPal address details and may be eligible for Seller Protection (if address is confirmed). If set to FALSE, no PayPal address is required. Recommended default setting is FALSE.', '6', '4', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'True\', \'False\'), ', now())");

All the best - Terra

Edited by Terra

My code for combining PayPal IPN with ** QTPro 4.25 ** osC Affiliate ** CCGV(trad)

General info: Allow customer to delete order comment ** FTP Programs & Text Editors ** Amending order email **

I have just installed "osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v2.2 For 2.2MS2" into my store which have not been modified before. Everything is good, data is updated into database after purchase was done. Except email was not sent out to customer. I tried the original Credit card payment module that came with the program and it works well. Can someone help me in gettting email to be sent out to customer?

Does anyone know why the email was not sent out? Did i miss out any setting? Please help.........

Does anyone know why the email was not sent out? Did i miss out any setting? Please help.........

The email is sent by the ipn.php file - it's in the same section which handles stock update & update of order status. If the stock has been updated & the order status, it's unusual that the email wasn't sent - usually, either everything else or everything works. For emails to be sent, orders must update to "confirmed" status, same goes for stock. Can you check if the stock updates correctly & confirm that the order had "confirmed" PayPal status? Terra

The email is sent by the ipn.php file - it's in the same section which handles stock update & update of order status. If the stock has been updated & the order status, it's unusual that the email wasn't sent - usually, either everything else or everything works. For emails to be sent, orders must update to "confirmed" status, same goes for stock. Can you check if the stock updates correctly & confirm that the order had "confirmed" PayPal status? Terra

Oh sorry Terra, I got mixed up with my testing with the default credit card module.

You are right, the stock level was not update as well. so how should i go about with the troubleshooting? I can see all the order in the order history. i am really lost now.... :(

Generic Guide - if ipn.php is not updating the order

Symptoms: no order email, stock is not updated, order status is not updated

Possible causes

1. Register Globals

If your server requires you to have php.ini files in all directories then make sure that it was copied into the new /ext/ directory. Depending on your server set-up you may have to copy this into each folder level

Check that "register globals" is enabled for the /ext/ directory. To do this try typing the full pathway into your browser: http://www.mydomain.com/ext/modules/paymen...pal_ipn/ipn.php (modify path accordingly if your shop is installed in a folder). If you get a warning which says "Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory" then you need to change your server setting by putting the proper php.ini in each directory leading up to ipn.php. Alternatively contact your hosting provider to help you with this.

Fix courtesy of Troy Wilson (post 1990) and weia (post 1278) on the support thread.

2. Port

The ipn.php uses Port 443 for PHP versions 4.3 or higher and Port 80 for older versions. Check with your hosting provider what ports you can use & alter the ipn.php file accordingly.

3. Proxy server

If your hosting provider uses a proxy server (GoDaddy is a prime example) then you need to find out the IP address and apply the proxy fix as detailed in the user guide:

Anyone hosting on godaddy.com and using this module will need to make the following change to /ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php:

Find (at or around line 71):

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false);

Add immediately after:

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "HTTP://64.202.165.130:3128"); // change IP address according to your hosting provider's info

This is needed for communicating with PayPal.

Fix courtesy of Brian Christensen as posted on the support thread 25 August 2006

I hope this helps - Terra

Edited by Terra

Hi Terra,

Just upgraded from v1.4 to your latest version (2.2), and wanted to say a big THANK YOU - it works perfectly!

Order gets updated immediately when payment is made, emails are sent out, etc - all works nice!

Thanks again for all the hard work

PS - I seem to recall a comment about the UK county field not populating when being transferred from OsC to PayPal? Is this still a problem? I have managed to get mine working just fine; if you want my code, just let me know.

PS - I seem to recall a comment about the UK county field not populating when being transferred from OsC to PayPal? Is this still a problem? I have managed to get mine working just fine; if you want my code, just let me know.

Yes please! I can't get the county info to transfer to PayPal .... so your code would be great! If you post in this thread or send via PM then I'll include it in the next update. Terra

PS: thanx for your post - glad to know its working! Sometimes on this thread it's all about problems (which is understandable as it's a support thread) so it's nice to hear about the sites where it works without hitch.

Hi!

I have ver 1.4 installed and will be upgrading today.

My problem is sales tax. I have set "move tax to total" as true and "transaction type" as aggregate. In my total in the confirm page in the shop, there is the tax and shipping added. When it goes to paypal, the total includes the tax with the shipping extra but when I go to pay, it calculates the tax again on the total. I have set Paypal to not calculate tax but now on the paypal receipt, it shows tax as 0.00. I guess that's alright but is there a way to send the total over to paypal without the tax as it does with the shipping? That way the receipt will show the shipping and the tax.

Marcia

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_PROXY, "HTTP://64.202.165.130:3128")

(as it seems many people think i didnt read the instructions... i did.)

i have that line in my ipn.php file added to line 73 of my script. Who would i call for the ip address i need to put in there? Godaddy or Paypal.. and how what would i ask them to get that ip addy? it is thier server Ip? my server ip?

thanks!

i have that line in my ipn.php file added to line 73 of my script. Who would i call for the ip address i need to put in there? Godaddy or Paypal.. and how what would i ask them to get that ip addy? it is thier server Ip? my server ip?

The IP address in the code is GoDaddy's Proxy server IP address. It was originally posted on this thread by a GoDaddy customer who I think got it from their support forum. As it's the hosting provider's proxy server ip address, you'd need to contact your hosting provider, not PayPal. all the best - Terra

Assuming my tax question will get answered at some time...I have another issue.

Along with Order Process email I am getting for orders purchased, I am also getting PayPal IPN Invalid Process emails. I've searched through the forum and did not find this corrected. I was placing orders with the Sandbox. As the customer, I also got an Order Process email as well as updated emails regarding processing and delivering.

What is PayPal IPN Invalid Process emails for and why is it invalid?

Also, back to the tax problem. Since I removed the Paypal site tax calculation, my tax calculations on my site are totally wrong. Any connections? I doubt it but thought I'd ask.

Marcia

Hello!

I have paypal IPN installed and I have having a couple issues:

First and foremost, address and most info are not showing up in invoices or orders in the admin. They are however in the database in the orders table.

Secondly, stock isnt being updated when people pay with paypal IPN.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi All... I uploaded the 2.2 files as noted, however in Module > Payment, there's no Paypal IPN showing? Any thoughts ? <_<

It's called something like "Paying by Credit/Debit Card via PayPal" or similar. If you look into the language level file you will see the exact wording. If you still can't find it in admin it means that files were not uploaded correctly. all the best - Terra

I have paypal IPN installed and I have having a couple issues:First and foremost, address and most info are not showing up in invoices or orders in the admin. They are however in the database in the orders table.Secondly, stock isnt being updated when people pay with paypal IPN.any help will be greatly appreciated.

If the data is in the database but not showing in your admin, then you have a problem with your shop admin - try a simple payment module such as pay by cheque and see if you can get your shop to work correctly before going back to the IPN. That way, you can isolate problems & tackle them individually. From what you describe I find it unlikely that your issues were caused by the IPN.

As for updating - please read my generic guide in post 2033 on page 102 - it contains all the info I have:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1010595

all the best - Terra

Assuming my tax question will get answered at some time
It's always nice to be asked politely ... didn't answer your query as the IPN module is set to use the tax calc within your shop and not PayPal's. If you want to show tax separately then set "move tax to total" to false but be warned that this setting has shown errors on some shops.

Along with Order Process email I am getting for orders purchased, I am also getting PayPal IPN Invalid Process emails. I've searched through the forum and did not find this corrected. I was placing orders with the Sandbox. As the customer, I also got an Order Process email as well as updated emails regarding processing and delivering. What is PayPal IPN Invalid Process emails for and why is it invalid? Also, back to the tax problem. Since I removed the Paypal site tax calculation, my tax calculations on my site are totally wrong. Any connections? I doubt it but thought I'd ask. Marcia
Invalid responses can happen for a number of reasons e.g. problems on the paypal server (usually temporary). Invalid means that the verification between PayPal & your shop failed (the verification is done by sending a string of variables back & forth). Set up a debug email & check what information you receive back from PayPal. And of course the tax stuff should be sorted first - no point in worrying about the ipn response until the rest of your process is working properly. all the best - Terra

I have a problem I have not been able to solve for a while. When someone buys using paypal everything is fine except when I go to paypal to ship the item there is no information from the customer. So them I have to go to the admin and copy the all of the customers information including the name address and so on . I have to copy paste and after a while my tried of it. Please help me with it thanks.

It's always nice to be asked politely ... didn't answer your query as the IPN module is set to use the tax calc within your shop and not PayPal's. If you want to show tax separately then set "move tax to total" to false but be warned that this setting has shown errors on some shops.

Invalid responses can happen for a number of reasons e.g. problems on the paypal server (usually temporary). Invalid means that the verification between PayPal & your shop failed (the verification is done by sending a string of variables back & forth). Set up a debug email & check what information you receive back from PayPal. And of course the tax stuff should be sorted first - no point in worrying about the ipn response until the rest of your process is working properly. all the best - Terra

Thank you Terra and I'm sorry if I sounded rude. Sometimes it gets frustrating when you need something answered quickly but the rest of the world is not on your schedule. I appreciate you getting back to me.

Still can't figure out the tax problem, posted in general support.

I am trying to figure out how to set up a debug email, if you could tell me how, maybe off forum, I would appreciate it.

Thanks, marcia

I am trying to figure out how to set up a debug email, if you could tell me how, maybe off forum, I would appreciate it.

In your PayPal IPN module in the admin area you have an entry for "debug email address" - just enter your email in there & you should receive an email with information if the verification fails & returns "invalid". all the best - Terra

I have a problem I have not been able to solve for a while. When someone buys using paypal everything is fine except when I go to paypal to ship the item there is no information from the customer. So them I have to go to the admin and copy the all of the customers information including the name address and so on . I have to copy paste and after a while my tried of it. Please help me with it thanks.

The PayPal IPN isn't really meant for this - normally site owners would use their shop to send order updates. Maybe that another PayPal module (Pro? Express?) would offer this function but not the IPN. all the best - Terra

The PayPal IPN isn't really meant for this - normally site owners would use their shop to send order updates. Maybe that another PayPal module (Pro? Express?) would offer this function but not the IPN. all the best - Terra

It is not another paypal module it's the regular module. You buy and click pay and brings you to the paypal website to pay. It just to work a long time ago. Something is not working correct because the only info that Paypal gets without me doing anything is the email. Any ideas?