• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers extra fields

kit

• 2 weeks later...

My problem is, if we add details in the admin,say I mention a drop down box for customer membership

Membership:- Free

Premium

It is displayed when customer tries to create the account

But how can I display it in the customer details section in the admin panel?so that admin along with the displayed fields can also see what membership the customer has.

Or how can I add a flag next to a customer field in which the admin can mention the customer as "Free" or "Premium"

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i have just add one extrafield "tva number" to test ...

all is ok but i can't find the $?field to add in this CCA code contribution into creat_account.php (to send me an email confiramtion when new account is created ...

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, CCA_EMAIL_CONFIRM_1, 'Nouveau compte online', 'Un nouveau compte à été créée par :' . "\n\n" . $firstname . ' ' . $lastname . "\n\n" . 'Société & TVA : ' . $company . ' - ' .

$extra_fields??? . "\n\n" . $street_address . ' - ' . $suburb . "\n\n" . $postcode . ' - ' . $city . ', ' . $country . "\n\n" . $email_address . "\n\n" . 'Telephone: ' . $telephone . "\n\n" . 'Password: ' . $password . "\n\n" . 'Adresse IP: ' . tep_get_ip_address()

, STORE_OWNER, CCA_EMAIL_CONFIRM_1);

thanks for help ...

• 3 weeks later...

After creating a new account the 'account_success' page is displayed.

Before installing the contribution, the "continue" button on 'account_success' linked either to "your account information" if the account wasn't created during the checkout process or to "checkout_shipping" if it was created when checking out the content of the cart.

After installing the contribution, the "continue" button on 'account_success' always takes you back to the index page.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Sorry for this useless post.

Although it happened after modifying "create_account.php" to add the extra fields, the extra fields contribution wasn't related to the problem on "account_success.php".

• 1 month later...

I'm received the following whenever I try to create any new field types:

1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'on' for column 'fields_required_status' at row 1

insert into extra_fields (fields_status, fields_input_type, fields_input_value, fields_required_status, fields_size, fields_required_email) values ('1', '3', 'No', 'on', '', 'on')

[TEP STOP]

I search through the thread and didn't locate any solutions to this issue. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

I'm received the following whenever I try to create any new field types:

1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'on' for column 'fields_required_status' at row 1

insert into extra_fields (fields_status, fields_input_type, fields_input_value, fields_required_status, fields_size, fields_required_email) values ('1', '3', 'No', 'on', '', 'on')

[TEP STOP]

I search through the thread and didn't locate any solutions to this issue. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Well that was quick, just fixed it myself. This helped provide the solution.

Find the following in admin/extra_fields.php

$sql_data_array = array('fields_status' => 1,
                               'fields_input_type' => $fields_input_type,
                               'fields_input_value' => $fields_input_value,
                               'fields_required_status' => $fields_required_status,
                               'fields_size' => $fields_size,
			'fields_required_email' => (int)$fields_required_email);

and change it to:

$sql_data_array = array('fields_status' => (int)1,
                               'fields_input_type' => (int)$fields_input_type,
                               'fields_input_value' => $fields_input_value,
                               'fields_required_status' => (int)$fields_required_status,
                               'fields_size' => (int)$fields_size,
			'fields_required_email' => (int)$fields_required_email);

Not sure if I've broken anything in the process by adding (int) in front, but all my client needs is a basic checkbox, so everything seems fine.

Edited by Fireflight

• 1 month later...

Hi there.

I´ve installed customer extra fields 1.3.1 and it´s running smoothly. thank you.

I also have the order email add on with FCK editor installed and can´t get the extra fields show up in my order confirmation. I guess the extra fields should show up some how in the list of variables. But I have no Idea how to accomplish this.

This section of the thread would not be of any help:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/179371-customers-extra-fields/page__st__100__p__982750entry982750

Anybody got an Idea?

THX

Tom

in addition to the above: I also have the Extra Product Fields Contribution #6856 (v2.23) installed (it took me a while to get it separated from Extra Customer Fields. Same Problem: I can´t get the extra fields in the order editor. My thought was as the two add on are basically the same a good solution to the above problem would also give hints on how solve the problem with extra product fields. I am a user, not a coder => copy and paste is what I can do best :)

Edited by Tom172

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Installed, step by step, but i don't see the fields into email.

I put the extra field in de create_account

I just want to customer can fill 1 extra field with 1 radio button menu in create account, not required, and these fields show in customer e-mail.

In Extra Fields Manager, every field are checked with "Send Field In Emails", but not working.

I see the fields, but what they complete not shown in e-mail.

Anyone a solution?

• 1 month later...

Is it usable with 2.3.1.? I change the files mentioned in the manual. Now I can see this option in the Administrator panel, can also add an extra field, but it did not appear in user interface. Tables are created and extra field there appear, problem is - how to show it in user interface?

• 3 weeks later...

Great addon.

Ive installed it and the field appears in the create account page, but it sort of ruins the rest of the page:have a look:

http://mobilepartner.dk/create_account.php

how can i change it so it look like the other fields?

Am i missing something?

Will it print the field info on the invoice?

Thx in advance

• 7 months later...

Well I have a problem, or 3 of them. But I guess they are depending each other.

The first 2 problems occured when I installed this contrib. I couldn`t find

in the file catalog/create_acount.php an therefore wasn�t able to add the line

And in the file catalog/account_edit.php I couldn�t find

so i couldn�t enter this:

. Adding the other lines were no problem, also in this 2 files.

And I guess as a result of these 2 errors i can�t find anywhere in the admin panel of my shop anything to add customer fields.

I hope anyone can help me! Thanks alot!

I have the same problem, how to fix it? i made step 6 and 11 and it is not the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, everyone.

I've installed this contribution on my oscommerce 2.3.1 and put some questions in the creat_account.php.

Now When I'm trying to created a new account on my store I have this message:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

delete from customers_to_extra_fields where customers_id=

[TEP STOP]

I've tryed to install more the once e the problem continue there.

What I need to do???

I love this contribution.

Tks,

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone worked with putting this contribution in version 2.3 and if thats too easy, how about getting it to work with One Page Checkout on version2.3? I am really wanting to have customer fill in 4 vital pieces of information at checkout.

Thanks!!

Nick Getzendanner

• 8 months later...

Has anyone worked with putting this contribution in version 2.3 and if thats too easy, how about getting it to work with One Page Checkout on version2.3? I am really wanting to have customer fill in 4 vital pieces of information at checkout.

Thanks!!

Nick Getzendanner

Contribution reworked for Oscommerce 2.3.1 with complete files to compare by Artful-Webdesign. Go to :

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/8549

Hope this helps others.

I am getting following SQL error. Can you please guide me.

1366 - Incorrect integer value: 'on' for column 'fields_input_type' at row 1

insert into extra_fields (fields_status, fields_input_type, fields_input_value, fields_required_status, fields_size, fields_required_email) values ('1', 'on', '', 'on', '', 'on')

• 3 months later...

Hey. thanks for wonderful add-on! :)

Installed to 2.3.1

Everything working like it should, except when I place "test order". All the fields in the extra fields dissapear (also from admin) and don't show in reply-email. Any help?

Edit: All data is at DB...

Edit2: Err, seems after test order DB data goes to ZERO.

Edited by anttimie

Hey. thanks for wonderful add-on! :)

Installed to 2.3.1

Everything working like it should, except when I place "test order". All the fields in the extra fields dissapear (also from admin) and don't show in reply-email. Any help?

Edit: All data is at DB...

Edit2: Err, seems after test order DB data goes to ZERO.

Haa found out finally....

had this at totally wrong place... at "checkout_shipping.php".. eh. No wonder. :blush:

//START Customers Extra Field

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TO_EXTRA_FIELDS . " where customers_id=" . $customer_id);
$extra_fields_query = tep_db_query("select ce.fields_id from " . TABLE_EXTRA_FIELDS . " ce where ce.fields_status=1 ");
while($extra_fields = tep_db_fetch_array($extra_fields_query)){
$sql_data_array = array('customers_id' => $customer_id,
'fields_id' => $extra_fields['fields_id'],
'value' => $HTTP_POST_VARS['fields_' . $extra_fields['fields_id']]);
tep_db_perform(TABLE_CUSTOMERS_TO_EXTRA_FIELDS, $sql_data_array);
}
//END Customers Extra Field

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I have read all 11 pages of the posts here and have seen the question asked several times but have not seen an answer.

<?php echo tep_get_extra_fields($cInfo->customers_id,$languages_id)?>

But that just displays the entry box, not the data.

We need to display the results of the extra_fields i.e. display the data the customer entered into the extra_fields on our order page.

Hi,

if you are using 2.3.4v , you have to copy exactly the admin/customers.php file from addon into your shop instead of editing the code. am sure you will overcome this error.