• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Information Pages Unlimited v1.0

chooch

i tried long time ago ths contrig in 1.1g version, let me tell you the pbe i had and if you can answer me :

1. losing cart when reading a news

2. losing cart when changing the language

3. multilanguage wasn't working as easy as when adding a product , meaing u got a field for each language installed in osc

4. no WUSIWYG editor incorporated

5. THE WORST : all the file use the same naming pattern than the information.php included in osc, that mean, u replace the old one with this one , no way to test, or activate and then desactivate if you want the contrib .

any infos on the new version if someone tested ?

MS2

Congratulations.

This is a very useful contribution. I somewhat extended it to also support an accompaning image, which may be changed or deleted in an edit procedure. Furthermore, I added an extra component, which (in such a case) is essential, e.g. a WYSIGW editor.

Thanks!!!

It would great if someone could add in the capability to create unlimited infoboxes. I thought cont had this but it's still very useful for me.

for the problem of losing the cart, they add the same with another contribution u can read here :

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...31entry776731

i post a copy of their code if it give us any idea

Think I've cracked the problem. Seems to be in line 76 where the link is created.

$page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link($link) . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';

I updated link 76 to:

$page_list .= '<tr><td class="infoBoxContents"><a target="'.$target.'" href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAGES, 'pages_id=' .$page['pages_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $page['pages_title'] . '</a></td></tr>';

MS2

Hi,

The button_new.gif image is not coming up, I havent installed this hack yet, but I am going to in the next hr or so.

Please fix image error.

Thank you,

Michael

Michael

Also, theres a typo in the readme.

For this line of the file your suppost be adding the databases doesnt exist, its database_tables.

4f) Add to includes/databases.php

4f) Add to includes/database_tables.php (I think).

Thank you,

Michael

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
You need to make sure you have set the page in admin to live ( click the Green button) for it to show in the catalog

Hi nigecon, I am sure that I set the page in admin to live.

The problem is I can see the created pages (with Information Pages Unlimited v1.2) on the left column but I lost the other pages like: Shipping & Returns; Privacy Notice; Sales conditions...

I really don't know what's happened. :(

3 Questions on information pages unlimited 1.2:

1. Does this program add a box or replace the existing information box? if so do I lose the content?

2. Is this program compatible with zz_faq ?

3. Regarding /includes/boxes/information.php

my information.php file is already modified and this program wants to overwrite.

here is what the IPU file has:

<?php
 $info_box_contents = array();
 $info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

// Retrieve information from Info table
 $informationString = "";

$information_query = tep_db_query("SELECT information_id, info_title FROM " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " WHERE visible='1' and languages_id ='" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY v_order");
 while($information = tep_db_fetch_array($information_query)) {
  $informationString .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION, 'info_id=' . $information['information_id']) . '">' . $information['info_title'] . '</a><br>';
 }

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' =>  $informationString .
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>

Here is what I have existing:

<?php

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.
									 '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_FAQ . '</a><br>' );

?>

Is this the proper merge so that I retain my existing pages? or do I just use the IPU file without a merge?

<?php

// Retrieve information from Info table
 $informationString = "";

$information_query = tep_db_query("SELECT information_id, info_title FROM " . TABLE_INFORMATION . " WHERE visible='1' and languages_id ='" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY v_order");
 while($information = tep_db_fetch_array($information_query)) {
  $informationString .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_INFORMATION, 'info_id=' . $information['information_id']) . '">' . $information['info_title'] . '</a><br>';
 }

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' =>  $informationString .
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.
									  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_FAQ, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_FAQ . '</a><br>' );

//										  '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

?>

Thank you in advance

-Dave

The problem is I can see the created pages (with Information Pages Unlimited v1.2) on the left column but I lost the other pages like: Shipping & Returns; Privacy Notice; Sales conditions...

Hi

Yes it changes the code in /includes/boxes/information.php page and replaces it with Info pages link and a contact us link

You can add your old Links back into the code on /includes/boxes/information.php if you want and or you may need to add back some for other contabs e.g. Voucher and coupons

Or the easyer way is just to re write the missing pages in the Info pages place so it will make edtied them easyer in future

Hi

Yes it changes the code in /includes/boxes/information.php page and replaces it with Info pages link and a contact us link

You can add your old Links back into the code on /includes/boxes/information.php if you want and or you may need to add back some for other contabs e.g. Voucher and coupons

Or the easyer way is just to re write the missing pages in the Info pages place so it will make edtied them easyer in future

Hi nigecon,

It's OK now, thank you very much!!! :D

HI

I have seen several requests within this thread regarding a HTML edtior

Has anyone got theirs to work with this mod yet ?

I am using WYSIWYG HTMLArea FOR PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS v1.7

It says that i can add it to other contabs with in the read me file of the edtior to gives the few lines of code that needs to be installed within the page

But its not so clear as to which page needs it so me question woul dbe if i was to add the edtior which page with in the info pages woul di nee dto added it to ?

Thanks

Nigel

HI

I have seen several requests within this thread regarding a HTML edtior

Has anyone got theirs to work with this mod yet ?

I am using WYSIWYG HTMLArea FOR PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS v1.7

It says that i can add it to other contabs with in the read me file of the edtior to gives the few lines of code that needs to be installed within the page

But its not so clear as to which page needs it so me question woul dbe if i was to add the edtior which page with in the info pages woul di nee dto added it to ?

Thanks

Nigel

I have been using the Spaw Editor, http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2963 ( http://www.solmetra.com/en/disp.php/en_pro.../en_spaw_about/ ), with no problems. The only problem is that it turns every text area field into an HTML editor. This can be fixed with some mods to the html_output.php file. Good luck.

I was trying to install this contribution, but I couldn't find the includes/databases.php nor the admin/includes/databases.php files and my guess is that it is not working at all (half of the store appears blank) because my installation is incomplete, since I don't have those files to add the "define the table_information" input.

Can anyone help me figure out why I don't have them, or how to add them to my store? I am new to php.

I did a clean oscommerce installation somewhere else to see if those files were there by default (and I had maybe accidentally deleted them), but they aren't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Howdy - Great contribution - I love it and it seems to be working perfectly as far as I can tell

Could someone tell me if it is possible to call a html file into an info box page? and if so, how? I have struggled and I have very weak php/html skills.

Here is what I want to do:

I created this simple photo gallery and placed it in the store at

http://www.pavepatch.com/pub/flomix/flomixindex.html

I would like for the above photo gallery page to appear in the info box page (rather than having to place a link to it)

http://www.pavepatch.com/photo-gallery-i-7.html

Is this possible? to call an html page into a page....

I have tried various forms of code but with no luck. please excuse my shot in the html/php darkness... I am pretty sure I am not even close...

<tr>
<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"> 
	<tr>
	   <td class="main">
<!--#include virtual="/pub/flomix/flomixindex.html" -->
	   </td>
	 </tr>
   </table>
 </td>
 <tr>

<body>
<tr>
 <td>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"> 
<?php include("pub/flomix/flomixindex.html"); ?>
</table>
  </td>
</tr>
</body>

<?php include("pub/flomix/flomixindex.html"); ?>

<tr>
  <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr> 
	 <td class="main">
<?php include("pub/flomix/flomixindex.php"); ?>
	 </td>
   </tr>
 </table></td> 
  </tr>

Thanks much for any advice. Dave

-Dave

I was trying to install this contribution, but I couldn't find the includes/databases.php nor the admin/includes/databases.php files and my guess is that it is not working at all (half of the store appears blank) because my installation is incomplete, since I don't have those files to add the "define the table_information" input.

Can anyone help me figure out why I don't have them, or how to add them to my store? I am new to php.

I did a clean oscommerce installation somewhere else to see if those files were there by default (and I had maybe accidentally deleted them), but they aren't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

jailaxmi

Never mind... I found another contribution that seems to fit my needs better, the Article Manager contribution.

jailaxmi

I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself when under stress, I repeat myself...

--King Crimson (“Discipline”)

Ok I have found that this works:

<P ALIGN=top> <!-- Start Photo Area --> <center> <iframe name="content_frame" width="600" height="500" src="/pub/flomix/flomixindex.html"> </iframe></center> <!-- End Photo Area --></p>

Is there a more appropriate way to do this like using OBJECT or another method?

I have heard that using iframe should be avoided.

If OBJECT, how would the code be written?

Thanks

-Dave

Roaddoctor , thanks for the soltuion that u shared , taht is a good one , even if there is better maybe , this one does the trick

and my best wishes for you because few share their solution, more share their problem :rolleyes:

MS2

• 1 month later...

I installed the Information Pages Unlimited, great contribution, with no error at all. Thanks a lot.

After I added a few articles, such as Privacy, "Contact Us", "Term of Use", I feel like it would be more appropriate to move these information to the footer, so my question is that is it possible to move the entire "Infomation" infobox to the footer, and make all the articles a footer style?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

New version uploaded.

Information Pages Enhanced v1.3

This is a full package.

>>Adds a new table to the DB parent_id

>>Each page can have children (One layer)

>>Articles menu works like standard osC categories

>>Support for dynamic sitemap

just add <?php echo $sitemapString; ?> before the final </ul> on about line 76 of catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php to show all your articles and their children.

>>Admin support where pages can be assigned "parents"

>>catalog/information.php replaces right hand image opposite the TITLE with a list of page "children".

Can be downloaded HERE

• 1 month later...
I installed the Information Pages Unlimited, great contribution, with no error at all. Thanks a lot.

After I added a few articles, such as Privacy, "Contact Us", "Term of Use", I feel like it would be more appropriate to move these information to the footer, so my question is that is it possible to move the entire "Infomation" infobox to the footer, and make all the articles a footer style?

Thanks

This should be fairly simple to do by removing the coding for information.php from your column_right/column_left.php and adding to includes/footer.php. A few tweaks to the html coding and stylesheet is all you need to get it to display the way you want in terms of width, etc.

The code to remove from your columns_left.php (or right, if you've moved it) and to add to footer.php would be

<?php require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'information.php'); ?>

Edited by Viviennes

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Maybe this is just a stupid Q but ok.

Installed all fine but it is not working really Multilanguage.

Does it check the admin languages installed maybe? AND NOT the front shop languages..

right now it works only in English...for i have installed only one admin lang.?

in the frontshop there are 7 languages...

Hi,

Maybe this is just a stupid Q but ok.

Installed all fine but it is not working really Multilanguage.

Does it check the admin languages installed maybe? AND NOT the front shop languages..

right now it works only in English...for i have installed only one admin lang.?

in the frontshop there are 7 languages...

No one has experienced something like this? What should i check ( i triple checked all and did a fresh install but ...) to debug , make it work??

Thanks a lot!@!!