• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Information Pages Unlimited v1.0

chooch

This is a support thread for Information Pages Unlimited v1.0 (the downloads to not have a support thread so i have started this one)

I have not contributed to this script so all the credit goes to people who have written and modified it to v1.1i level because that is the one i installed and it works perfectly but there can be alot more achieved from this script and a support thread was essential

We are starting from v1.1i by Leigh Davis on 16th December 2004 as that is the complete script that works without hassles, you can download it here

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Once there has been enough feeedback on this set and future requests then i will release a new version of the contribution with all credit to those who contribute.

HERE ARE THE FIRST SET OF REQUESTS:

i) All newly generated pages have the default small image on the right hand side of the page (to the right of the page title). The image is called: table_background_specials. What code is required for information.php which will make it so that the image shown will be the same as the page title? Example: My newly generated page is called 'About Us'. When i create the 'About Us' page in admin, i want the page to show an image called 'about_us.gif' from the catalog/images folder. I then have to manually upload an image called about_us.gif to the images folder. Can anyone advise on how to go about this please?

ii) There are instances where the newly generated pages are not to go in the information category box. What is the easiest way to create an admin end function where the newly created information page can be put in any of the existing category boxes? Can anyone advise on how to go about this please?

iii) How to add the function of creating category boxes from the admin side of information pages unlimited, and how to add the newly created pages to go the newly created category boxes.

If you have any requests on how to improve functionality of this contribution then please leave a message here!

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

UPDATE:

I have added the SEO urls to the next release of 'information pages unlimited'. From now on all newly created pages will have the .php removed and will show as .html (these will be search engine friendly!)

I still need help on the above requests... can anyone please help share the work load with me?

CHOOCH

I installed the contribution to my website.

And I Succeed Add information to queue 1 .

But there is no effet on the website... :(

did you follow the install instructions for your information box?

CHOOCH

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations.

This is a very useful contribution. I somewhat extended it to also support an accompaning image, which may be changed or deleted in an edit procedure. Furthermore, I added an extra component, which (in such a case) is essential, e.g. a WYSIGW editor.

Thanks!!!

Congratulations.

This is a very useful contribution. I somewhat extended it to also support an accompaning image, which may be changed or deleted in an edit procedure. Furthermore, I added an extra component, which (in such a case) is essential, e.g. a WYSIGW editor.

Thanks!!!

please elaborate...

kindly lay down your script here so others can have a look and benefit from your coding because the image selection was part of what the forum was set up for.

thanks

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

I have this contrib installed, but I have never been able to get to work correctly. In Admin every attempt to enter a new page gives me Page Title Required.

I am hosting on an IIS box and have register globals off. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Tim

Congratulations.

Thanks!!!

I have added WYSIWYG... still need assitance on how to show the image that you are referring to

can anyone advise on this?

CHOOCH

UPDATE:

I have added the SEO urls to the next release of 'information pages unlimited'. From now on all newly created pages will have the .php removed and will show as .html (these will be search engine friendly!)

I still need help on the above requests... can anyone please help share the work load with me?

SEO, great. I'm looking forward to the next release.

I'm having a problem with this contrib and wondering if anyone else is experencing it. If a customer is logged in and then clicks a link to an info page, they are then logged out. Does anyone else have this issue?

SEO, great. I'm looking forward to the next release.

I'm having a problem with this contrib and wondering if anyone else is experencing it. If a customer is logged in and then clicks a link to an info page, they are then logged out. Does anyone else have this issue?

no, i have not encountered this issue.

i know there were people who lost contents of cart when licking an info-page or losing contents of cart when going from an info-page to any other page, but this is first time time i have heard of someone being logged out.

am working on some new aspecrts and will try to release an updated version within 2 weeks

Edited by chooch

CHOOCH

no, i have not encountered this issue.

i know there were people who lost contents of cart when licking an info-page or losing contents of cart when going from an info-page to any other page, but this is first time time i have heard of someone being logged out.

am working on some new aspecrts and will try to release an updated version within 2 weeks

Yes they are losing the contents of their carts too. I think it has do the with the ? in the URL, i.e. /info_pages?page_id=20. Info pages that are referenced this way are causing my customers to lose cart contents and get logged out at the same time. However, I can take the file info_pages.php, rename it to say shipping.php, and set p.pages_id = $infopageid around line 32 to p.pages_id = 20 and all is fine.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next release. Maybe the SEO URLs will fix this. Thanks for taking charge on this project.

All the best, Tim.

I have this contrib installed, but I have never been able to get to work correctly. In Admin every attempt to enter a new page gives me Page Title Required.

I am hosting on an IIS box and have register globals off. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Tim

Sorry to bump, but does anyone have an idea about this? Everything seemd to work right. I have been modifying file straight out of the database, but that's not handy.

If I have a title or not, or try to modify an existing file same problem.

Tim

Sorry to bump, but does anyone have an idea about this? Everything seemd to work right. I have been modifying file straight out of the database, but that's not handy.

If I have a title or not, or try to modify an existing file same problem.

Tim

sorry, never heard of this problem before...

i wish i could help

CHOOCH

For the losing cart issue, does any body got a clue of waht to do to fix it ?

by the way it sure taht whitouht an wysiwyg editor like fck editor , it is useless ...

it seems that "Extra pages-info box w/ admin" contribituion got the same problem

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2021

Edited by azer

MS2

BUG FOUND:

Suppose that you are reading the description of a message (or info whatever..) in a separate page. What happens if I decide to switch the language???

I think that the design should be changed in order to support multilanguage messages. Any other ideas???

• 4 weeks later...
Congratulations.

Thanks!!!

Did any one install this manually. There are some lines that I think I added for Column Controller w Admin v2.2_for_2.2ms2 that I am not sure if I want to change back. I have used about 10-15 contrbutions so a lot of my files have some modification. Has anyone seen any issues lately?

Did any one install this manually. There are some lines that I think I added for Column Controller w Admin v2.2_for_2.2ms2 that I am not sure if I want to change back. I have used about 10-15 contrbutions so a lot of my files have some modification. Has anyone seen any issues lately?

Anyone using this contri with osCommerce 2.2-MS2. I really need help knowing what to take out and what to leave in!

i could not get the image uploader to work

other than that i can't recall the update not working

CHOOCH

i could not get the image uploader to work

other than that i can't recall the update not working

Can you tell me if you installed it on a clean OSC install or modified? The file has a project revision name as OSC2.2 MS1. I am using MS2. If I install this over it will it mess something else up?

Did you install it on a clean install?

Ok! I got it working. Instructions not too clear for a newbie. Could use some improving. Also, for any new people, if you modified your files manually, you do not want to copy and paste those perticular files from the folder as this will write over your files!!!

Edited by Iwant2Lrn